It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:54 am

Free Newsletter

Time to shrink!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Time to shrink!

Postby Blitz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:28 am

A flying start. Two kilos down and you are already under that 100kg mark and in double digits! :lol:

Great that you are planning activities together. Good work.

Keep at it :D
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby finallydoingitforme » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:11 am

Good morning lovelies!

Just a note - I most likely won't update over the weekend. I usually find myself writing these posts when I arrive at work each morning!

This weekend was a huge success! We stuck to our eating plan (and routine), as well as got some great exercise in. On Saturday we did a 40 minute walk in the afternoon, and on Sunday we played Tennis for an hour.

I am not sure where I stand with my weight. I have kind of had to start over again as we bought a new scale. We bought a FitBit scale and activity monitor (basically just an advanced pedometer) which automatically sync to an online profile and iphone app using my wifi. Pretty snazzy! I am absolutely in love. The only thing is that on my old scales i was weighing in at 99.3, but on the new ones I weighed in at 100.3... We have decided to stick with the reading from the new scales, so as of today I weigh 99.7kgs :) Which is still 1.6kgs down from my original weight (using the old scales).

Hubby and I walked this morning, and are planning a game of soccer this afternoon. I am really wanting a gym membership though, so I have convinced hubby to take a free trial with me beginning next week. Hopefully the weather will hold out until then. We are meant to be in our wet season, so wet weather could hinder my exercise, and I definitely don't want that to happen.
SW: 101.3kgs
CW: 92.8kgs
GW: 60kgs
finallydoingitforme

Postby Blitz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:43 pm

You are doing it good. I love that you are both working at it as individuals and together. Keep it up and success is yours!

Scales can be tricky things. Not only can one scale give you a different reading than another but the same scale can give you successive different readings! My "authorised" weigh in recording is only valid if I have three same readings in a row. Some days I look like a kangaroo with the amount of hopping I do on those scales. :lol:

Great job
Kim
Blitz

Postby finallydoingitforme » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:06 am

I am still going strong. Another loss! My muscles are a little tired, but i am loving all of the exercise.

I walked this morning, and hubby and I are playing tennis tonight. I love tennis even though hubby is not coordinated! The ball ends up flying off in all directions, so it really makes me sprint and get my heart rate up!

Food wise, I am doing great. I love routine, and knowing exactly what I have to eat each day works wonders! I am also smashing down over 2L of water per day.

Thanks for the support Kim - you are a complete inspiration!
finallydoingitforme

Postby finallydoingitforme » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:09 am

Good morning lovelies!

This morning I am exhausted. I still walked (and increased the intensity), but am feeling really lethargic. I think I may have over done it last night at tennis. Tonight I am going to head to bed early and catch up on my sleep!

The physical changes are really becoming noticeable. I have lots a lot of weight from my face / chin which is so amazing :D
finallydoingitforme

Postby Blitz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:56 pm

We often forget the importance of sleep in weight loss. It is essential to the process. This is the time the body is making sense of what we have been putting it through and reacting accordingly. It is time for repair, renewal, moving its resources around (read - shifting fat and making muscle) and resetting your metabolism rate.

The upshot of this is that we are sore, tired but moving forward! :shock: :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby finallydoingitforme » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:00 am

I slept really well last night, and got up this morning for a walk / run. I am slowly increasing the distance I can run before my legs start screaming at me. My ankles struggle with the weight, so I have to be careful I don't push them too hard, but still push them enough to build up strength and fitness :)

One more early morning to go, and then I get a sleep in! :D
finallydoingitforme

Postby Blitz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:37 am

You've got the right idea. Always push yourself a little further but not enough to break. My first rule of weight loss - do no harm. The second is; always listen to your body. If you don't follow those guideline rules you will set yourself up for injuries, setbacks and possible failure.

You might find it useful to vary the intensity of your exercise. Have an easier day, then a harder day and the next day a normal day. By mixing it up it will stop your body from "cruising".

Regards
Kim
Blitz

Postby finallydoingitforme » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:07 am

Thank goodness it is Friday! I am exhausted.

I have been doing a lot of research this week, and I think my poor body is in shock. Week one went perfectly - I lost 3kgs through watching my diet / portion sizes, walking each morning and making sure I get enough sleep. This week I stepped it up to 2 workouts a day - a walk in the morning and either soccer / tennis in the evening, and have not lost a thing. Last week I felt energised, and this week i feel completely zapped of all energy. Next week I am going to take it back to just walking / running and see how it goes.
finallydoingitforme

Postby Blitz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:06 pm

Giving your self an easier week is good thinking. Your body needs time to process what you have put it through. Typically you will find a natural cycle of one week good loss followed by the next week not so good loss. That second week will reflect your body catching up with what you are doing.

Remember even when no weight loss is recorded the benefit is still there. Heavier muscle gain is masking fat loss. That muscle gain will play out later in good losses.

Kim
Blitz

Postby finallydoingitforme » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:07 am

Week number 3... here we go!

I got half way through my walk this morning and it started raining, so I turned and ran for home. Damn wet season. Since then I have decided to do some body weight exercises rather than just cardio. Time to mix it up a little! This is mainly because I now get bored on my walks and need to find more motivation.

I have lost approx 4 kgs. I am feeling great and the physical changes are noticeable. I am loving it. I just need to stay on track!
finallydoingitforme

Postby Blitz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 pm

I got some wet weather gear. Embrace the seasonal changes...they give variation to your journey.:lol:

After a while you will actually enjoy the rain on your face. :shock: When I was out there it re-enforced just how bad I wanted to lose weight. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby finallydoingitforme » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:32 pm

Haha i wish i could keep going while its raining, but rain up here is very different! We are in our wet season, which means monsoons! And I get sick when I get caught in the rain :(

I want to be able to do push ups / sit ups / body weight exercises without looking like a beached whale, so I am doing those instead. I am looking forward to the morning soreness!
finallydoingitforme

Postby Blitz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:54 am

I remember once getting caught with hail stones...boy - they hurt!

One time I talked my wife and daughter into a walk. A thunderstorm was brewing but I convinced them that we would get home before it hit. I was wrong. Vivid memory of them cowering while lightening and thunder clashed around us. They wanted to stay under madly swaying trees and I was urging them homeward towards safety. I didn't live that one down for a long time. :lol:

Morning soreness...nature's way of reminding you that fitness costs! :shock:

Kim
Blitz

Postby finallydoingitforme » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 am

Haha love the thunderstorm story! I would be the one cowering!

This morning it was dry, so I walked. I really didn't want to get out of bed, but once I was up I loved it. These early mornings are tough! No pain, no gain I guess!

I am now weighing in at 97.6kgs. A loss of 3.7kgs. I feel great :)
finallydoingitforme

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous