It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:07 pm

Free Newsletter

Time to shrink!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Time to shrink!

Postby finallydoingitforme » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:41 am

Hello lovelies!
I am still here and still on the bandwagon... I have been a little slack with checking in though! I seem to have stalled weight loss wise, but my body shape is still changing. Every Sunday night my hubby and I take a progress photo, and I am definitely showing that everything is working. My scales seem to play tricks on me, so I have given up listening to them and am now focused on these photos instead.

The past week or so I have struggled for motivation - I am really hating my job at the moment. We have just been through a major organizational restructure, and somehow I ended up being put in a position which is very different from the one I was recruited for. I am currently working on economic policy, but was recruited as a coordinator / project manager. I have no interest in economic policy, but I guess I am grateful that I have a job. From my division alone we have lost a few positions - so far hubby and I are both safe, but not happy. When you couple this with being stuffed around by uni's, I have had a horror few weeks.

The good news is that for once I have not turned to food for comfort. Instead I am now more motivated to get my act together and get exercising. This morning it was raining, so we couldn't go out (I ALWAYS get sick if I exercise in the rain), so at the moment I am feeling really unsettled and need to get outside. I find that i need to walk in the mornings to be more balanced at work.

This week I am setting some small goals - I want to be able to run 5kms by 1 May, which is the perfect amount of time to undertake the C25K program. I am also aiming to get into size 14 clothes by June / July. I am currently in size 18, so this is going to put me at the smallest my husband has ever seen me. My reward for this will be a trip to Adelaide & Melbourne to visit the in-laws, go shopping and also start looking at suburbs in Melbourne for our big move in 2015!

Ok, work started 10 mins ago :( so I had better go and immerse myself deep in policy!
SW: 101.3kgs
CW: 92.8kgs
GW: 60kgs
finallydoingitforme

Postby finallydoingitforme » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:00 pm

Finally, I am losing weight again!

I realised last week that my portions had been steadily growing, so I am back to measuring everything out and calorie counting again. I even lost weight over the weekend while it was TTOM... I have maintained my 5kg weight loss, but lost cm instead (although don't ask me how many!). This has shown me just how careful I need to be with monitoring my portion size.

I am feeling really good at the moment. Even though I hate my job, I am a lot more positive... Onwards and upwards!
finallydoingitforme

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:03 pm

The dreaded "slippage" of portion size. :shock: That's something I've still got to watch even now. An extra apple here, a larger serve of dinner there and before you know it - we've got trouble! It really can be the difference between success and failure.

Good job catching it and dealing with it. :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby finallydoingitforme » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:14 am

92.8kgs - yup! That is what the scales said this morning and I am ecstatic!

I have been really monitoring my portion sizes, and it is really working. I have also cut back the amount of sugar I am using and am feeling amazing for it.

On another positive note, I had a job interview last Thursday for a job I could really enjoy. Fingers crossed!
finallydoingitforme

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Doing it with style! Congratulations on your diligence and hard work!

With the positiveness you are feeling that job is in the bag! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby finallydoingitforme » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:24 am

So, after being MIA for a while I am back. Unfortunately stress got the better of me last time - I was the sole coordinator of not only a major community event, but also an art exhibition. My job is pretty amazing and diverse - I mean, I get to work with Indigenous art, as well as plan a major event and work with the media... but inevitably this lead to me putting work ahead of myself and I lost my focus.

Most importantly I am back!

I weighed in at 99.7kgs on 21 October. Since focusing on diet and portion size I weighed in at 97.9kgs this morning. That is a 1.8kg loss in 8 days! I know that the weight always drops off quickly at the start, but it is an amazing motivator.

So, here's to giving myself a big kick up the butt and getting my life on track!
finallydoingitforme

Previous

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous