It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:12 pm

Free Newsletter

Time to get back on the wagon.... HELP....

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Time to get back on the wagon.... HELP....

Postby Michelle-leeC1989 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:17 am

So like every year the new year resolution is to lose weight.

I managed to drop 12 kg last year but slowing getting lazy and unmotivated and now I need to lose 10-15 kgs. Thought here would be a good place to share and hopefully stay motivated.

I have been looking into joining an exercise group of some sort but I just am so nervous and self conscious about going by my self.

So to everyone I'm open to hear your replies on how to stay motivated and any ideas for an exercise group.

Good luck to everyone on their weightless journey, you are all amazing for taking the step.. :P
Michelle-leeC1989

Re: Time to get back on the wagon.... HELP....

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:21 pm

Welcome Michelle

Ultimately, motivation is different for each individual. Eventually you'll find something that works. Just don't fall into the trap of doing the same thing over and over again until it works. It is smarter to try something different each time until you find the right method.
CronicBadger

Postby Michelle-leeC1989 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:52 pm

That Ian aomw good advice. Thankyou =)
Michelle-leeC1989

Postby Blitz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:40 am

Sell yourself on the idea of why you want to lose weight. An exercise you might want to try is write down all the reason why you want to lose weight. They may be very important reasons like health or they may be the most mundane reason like wanting to see your toes without having to lean forward. Just write every reason you can think of. Then write all the reasons for NOT losing weight (somewhere in your life is the pay off - otherwise you would have lost it). Look at the lists, study them and think real hard about them. When you are convinced that weight loss is your only option; then you will be motivated.

Talk yourself to success. Tell yourself constantly why you are losing weight (see the list you made). Tell yourself during slack times and temptations why you have to follow through with weight loss (see the list you made). Use ready made slogans to draw upon. Some of mine were/are "Failure is not an option", "No more fat guy", "A better future awaits me", "I don't eat unhealthy foods anymore...that's not me anymore" and many others.

Make it a question of character. People say that weight loss needs will power. I think that is nonsense. Will power has nothing to do with it. Everybody's will power fails sooner or later. When that happens, people fall apart and surrender. What is needed is character. Someone defined character as; "What you are in the dark" meaning how do you behave when no one is looking is who you really are. When we say one thing and do another, that makes us a hypocrite. No one likes a hypocrite yet we allow ourselves to run our lives like one. We need to insert a backbone in our character and lead a life that is consistent with who we say we are. This is the foundation of lifestyle change. It is no longer a question of will or wont I but a question of being true to one's self...to one's core being.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby emilyandgary » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi :D
I always find it really hard to get back on the wagon! I find it really good to write down exactly what I eat during the day, so I know what I am eating (and can't forget).
I'm not much into exercise lol Hubby and I use to go to the gym together, but can't now as I don't have anyone to look after my baby :o We have some boxing gloves that we have been using when we get time :) Do you have a "Curves" gym near you? We have them here, it's like a circuit and for women only :)
Good Luck on your Journey xx
Emily:
Start Weight: 126.0kg
Current Weight: 126.0kg
Goal Weight: 80.0kg

Gary:
Start Weight: 160.9kg
Current Weight:160.9kg
Goal Weight: 100.0kg
emilyandgary

Postby Michelle-leeC1989 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:37 pm

emilyandgary wrote:Hi :D
I always find it really hard to get back on the wagon! I find it really good to write down exactly what I eat during the day, so I know what I am eating (and can't forget).
I'm not much into exercise lol Hubby and I use to go to the gym together, but can't now as I don't have anyone to look after my baby :o We have some boxing gloves that we have been using when we get time :) Do you have a "Curves" gym near you? We have them here, it's like a circuit and for women only :)
Good Luck on your Journey xx

Hi there

thanks for your goodluck wishes lol I am doing pretty well at the moment I walk and do a calisthenics train in the morning then one after work. I cancelled my gym membership I just wasn't motivated to go but having the freedom to walk out my door is much more motivating then getting in a car and going to a gym lol... how are you and your husband travelling on your journey?
Michelle-leeC1989

Postby emilyandgary » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:52 pm

We are doing well :) Day 1 today, so very motivated lol I think the only thing I struggle with is lack of sleep, all I want to do is eat food :roll:
Emily:
Start Weight: 126.0kg
Current Weight: 126.0kg
Goal Weight: 80.0kg

Gary:
Start Weight: 160.9kg
Current Weight:160.9kg
Goal Weight: 100.0kg
emilyandgary

Postby Michelle-leeC1989 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:46 am

emilyandgary wrote:We are doing well :) Day 1 today, so very motivated lol I think the only thing I struggle with is lack of sleep, all I want to do is eat food :roll:

Well there is always a day 1 and unfortunatley i know exactly what you mean by lack of sleep and eating.... i wish i didnt :P

but it is good that you have your husband to travel on this journey with you and keep you motivated... i came here to get some motivation, my partner is one of those who is blessed with the body he can eat whatever he wants and do no exercise and stay slim.. lol what a lucky duck...... i just really hate looking at the weather forcast and seeing the next few days creeping up to 40 plus degrees
Michelle-leeC1989

Postby Sarah7 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:32 am

hey, i know what its like, sometimes the wagon feels as if it 50 feet high, getting back on isnt always easy. its taken me 12months to finally get my but back into gear and this year i started what i have nicknamed my skinny diary and its the best thing i ever did. on everypage is a diffenet motivational quote or something positive related to weightloss i record all the things ive eaten, what sort of exercise i have done and how i feel about my weightloss journey. i try and record something everyday usually just before bed and once a week i have my weigh in page where i obviously record my weigh in and measurements i also try and write down some positive things i have achieved that week and something i will aim to achieve the next week. i find it really good to be able to flick back through and see my progress in black and white. i also have my before picture pasted in the front which by itself would make anyone want to lose weight :(. i find it a really good motivational tool as long as your honest in it you can see when you have bad days but you can also see how many great days youve had

SW: 99.8kg
CW:91.7kg
GW: 75kg
Sarah7

Postby jemimah » Thu May 02, 2013 8:36 pm

If you want to stay motivated then make some fitness pals. They will encourage you to lose weight easily without any nervousness and tension.
jemimah

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous