It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:33 am

Free Newsletter

Random thoughts and victories

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Random thoughts and victories

Postby shel_bel » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:44 pm

I thought I'd start a thread where I could write down all the positive things that I am noticing on this journey.

I will update them when I have a good news story to share or just wanted to reflect on my progress.

Today's victory is that I convinced myself that I could do an extra 5 minutes on the elliptical, and I did it with flying colours! I was so motivated and proud of myself. My music was pumping and I was really getting into it. I did an hour workout too! 20 minutes on the exercise bike, 15 mins on the elliptical and 25 mins walk at 6km/hr. The machines told me that I burnt 410 calories! :mrgreen:
I have this thing where I tell myself that I have a "base" workout. That is, that's the minimum I will do when I go to the gym. If I feel like doing more, that's great, but the ultimate aim is to have this as my new "base" workout and do it 4 times a week and 1 day of swimming.

So yay, a very motivating thing for me to realise!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Re: Random thoughts and victories

Postby shel_bel » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:38 am

Today I have noticed that my knuckles are standing out more... weird observation but true! :lol:
shel_bel

Postby jemimah » Thu May 02, 2013 8:34 pm

You have been doing great in terms of losing weight and the best thing is you want to share your feeling with others. Sharing your weight loss journey may be inspiration for others. As you say we can learn from our mistakes and get inspired by other stories.
jemimah

Postby shel_bel » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Gosh I forgot I even started this thread but I wanted to share something and didn't feel it fit in my weekly weigh in!

I am currently on a train, it's hot and I scored an un-air conditioned train for my trip home. I am wearing a skirt, a singlet top and a light cardigan that comes down to my elbows (I've always had a thing about covering my arms). I had a thought about 5 mins ago .. Hey, I'd be so much more comfortable without this cardigan on - I wonder if it would feel ok to take it off??

Worrying about what other people will think.. Worrying about my flabby and and back fat.. Worrying about lumps and bumps and exposing myself to the public..

Then I thought - hang on a second. You're not 121kg anymore. You don't have back fat or flabby arms and people won't be looking at you because we're all on our phones haha.

So... for the first time EVER in my 27 years of life, I am wearing a sleeveless top in public feeling totally comfortable, COOL, and above all, proud of myself. This is the sort of challenge I face now that I am so close to goal. And I am so very happy : D
shel_bel

Postby CronicBadger » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:30 am

It's a nice feeling, not being self-conscious about bits of flab sticking out everywhere in public. It also takes a while getting used to.
CronicBadger

Postby buttless » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:44 pm

shel_bel wrote:Gosh I forgot I even started this thread but I wanted to share something and didn't feel it fit in my weekly weigh in!

I am currently on a train, it's hot and I scored an un-air conditioned train for my trip home. I am wearing a skirt, a singlet top and a light cardigan that comes down to my elbows (I've always had a thing about covering my arms). I had a thought about 5 mins ago .. Hey, I'd be so much more comfortable without this cardigan on - I wonder if it would feel ok to take it off??

Worrying about what other people will think.. Worrying about my flabby and and back fat.. Worrying about lumps and bumps and exposing myself to the public..

Then I thought - hang on a second. You're not 121kg anymore. You don't have back fat or flabby arms and people won't be looking at you because we're all on our phones haha.

So... for the first time EVER in my 27 years of life, I am wearing a sleeveless top in public feeling totally comfortable, COOL, and above all, proud of myself. This is the sort of challenge I face now that I am so close to goal. And I am so very happy : D

you go girl!!! I loved reading your entry - that is absolutely fantastic. and it will take you quite awhile to stop heading straight to the "big women's wear" in the shops, believe me that's what I always did, its just what you know. its the little things that we all seem to take for granted like when you notice you have collar bones for the first time, or when your elbows are pointy again and not swamped by flab. I'm with ya girl, keep those entries coming.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous