It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:05 pm

Free Newsletter

New - have pre-diabetes.

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

New - have pre-diabetes.

Postby maggie » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi to all. My name is Maggie and I am new to this forum. I have found out I am pre-diabetes and are going to do what I can to delay the onset of diabetes.
I am obese and have 30 plus kilo's to lose. I have decided to do Low GI and cut out the sugar.
I would like people to communicate with on this forum, so if anyone would like to talk to me that would be great.

:) :) :)
maggie

Re: New - have pre-diabetes.

Postby CronicBadger » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:46 am

Hi Maggie

Low GI is good since the really good low GI foods are healthy and nutritious and, important in the short term, keep a person sated for longer. As well sugar, you may benefit by removing artificial sweeteners such as aspartame since scientific tests indicate they may be particularly bad for diabetics.

Treat this as an opportunity to develop healthy eating habits for the rest of your life. At it's simplest, replace processed and highly refined foods with simple, nutritious "whole foods". It can be difficult at first, but gets easier with time.
CronicBadger

Postby maggie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi CronicBadger.

Thanks for replying, I am going to do what you suggested, I am slowly changing to whole food, I love my lollies etc., and I have not had any for weeks now, I am eating fruit instead, I have been looking up Low GI and using some of the recipes. I had to go out for afternoon tea yesterday and I made a Low GI cake recipe I found, it was okay. I am also cutting down the sugar. I am finding I am losing my sweet cravings, which will be a good thing.

Ladysabu.
maggie

Postby CronicBadger » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:51 am

Education about health and weightloss is a major help in staying focused and making the right choices. The Diet section of the Australian Weightloss website has a lot of excellent information. I'll often revisit the Diet Articles subsection, which is accessible by clicking the Diets button in the side menu seen in the main website.
CronicBadger

Postby Blitz » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:52 am

Maggie, you will be amazed how much your general health will improve once you start peeling off those kilos.

Best wishes and success! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous