It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:33 pm

Free Newsletter

Inspiring Curvaceous People

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Inspiring Curvaceous People

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:02 pm

Who in this world inspires you, motivates you to lose weight? I know that i want to get to a healthy weight but still have curves because i think theyre sexy! The people who inspire me to become healthy and fitter are:

my nan :) she has always been the jolly sort of cuddly nan and i dont get to see her very often as she lives in sydney.

kate winslet- she is a mum and also when an article and photo appeared of her in a magazine that was airbrushed she sued the company because it was false and she is proud of her curves. she is also a mum :) she was hot in titanic!

oprah winfrey- she has been scrutinised for putting weight on and off her whole life but she represents someone who does a lot of good in this world and doesnt let whatever size she is get in the way.

christie gessey- she just won slimmer of the year. she is inspiring to me because she is a mum and also because she reached out to me and offered me support with my weightloss journey out of the goodness of her heart. she has achieved great things.

Ally- from this forum :) we started at the same time here on the forum and even with ups and downs as we all have she gets back on the horse so to speak and helps me out no matter what. she is also a super mum.

Dee- from this forum. she has overcome so many thing sin her life especially with her health. she inspires me to make the most of each day and make the most of the body i live in.

And! not to forget the people on this forum who have supported me the whole time and checked up on me when i was having a break from the forum with many emails, pm's and msn chats. when the going gets tough its nice to know that these people are there to help me through it and i in return will be there for me :)

End of Oscar Speech ;)

so who inspires you? who do you admire?
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:02 pm

I think women with curves are beautiful.

Salma Hayek for one:

Scarlet Johanson:

Beyonce:

Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby matchbox » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:07 pm

i love scarlet, she's gorgeous!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:56 am

:oops: :oops: aww shucks thanks Kate! Ditto to you though to mate....you have kept me coming back time and time again!!

A lot of forum people here inspire me. I think I can't keep going and then I log on here and read someones journey and it is the slap in the back of the head I need to keep holding on!!

My hubby...he has always supported me no matter what and stood by me 100%. He is not only my hubbie, but my best friend too. He is my greatest supporter and motivator.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:10 pm

I think symantha Perkins is very inspiring . She is a great lady and has had her fair share of hard knocks . Yet she is still got that great smile everytime u see her
Luv Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:34 pm

yes I agree Jules....she loves life and doesn't let the fact that she is not a stick figure get in the way!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:37 pm

symantha perkins is really lovely isnt she! and she always seems to have such a healthy and happy lifestyle. i always remember when kieren perkins won gold at the olympics and he ran up to her when he got out the pool and she leant down and gave him a kiss and cuddle. so romantic! that was before they were married :)
kate_turner2000

Postby chubba momma » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:10 pm

I found adro from biggest loser to be very inspiring!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby rivenriver » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:07 am

I've put up a whole heap of movie posters in my room, and when I need inspiration, I look at them. They're not specific people who I admire, they're doing what I want to do, they're where I want to be. I want to be an actor, and I know that (unfortunately enough) you have to be skinny to be an actor. Looking at these pictures of people who are living my dream is very inspiring to me.

My best ones:
The cold determination on Summer Glau's face on my Serenity poster.
The easy confidence of Anne Hathaway's smile on my Devil Wears Prada poster.
The intensity and indifference of Johnny Depp's stance on my Pirates 2 poster.
The natural grace in Miranda Otto's gaze on my Two Towers poster.

I want to be them, each and every one. That's what inspires me.
rivenriver

Postby electrongirl » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:06 am

and I know that (unfortunately enough) you have to be skinny to be an actor

Not necessarily!! Have you seen Hairspray!!

seriously though, I know what you mean. Hollywood is all about looking "the part" I'm just glad that not all actors and actresses follow it!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:08 am

i loved rikki lake in mrs winterbourne!!
kate_turner2000

Postby rivenriver » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:45 am

electrongirl wrote:
and I know that (unfortunately enough) you have to be skinny to be an actor

Not necessarily!! Have you seen Hairspray!!

seriously though, I know what you mean. Hollywood is all about looking "the part" I'm just glad that not all actors and actresses follow it!

I LOVED Hairspray, but it's one of very very few films out there with a non-skinny person as anything other than the gawky sidekick. If I could act and still look the way I do, I'd be over the moon. But I'm pretty sure I can't. Not unless I get "discovered", and that's hardly going to happen. I'll have to work my way there...

But yes, Tracy Turnblad is my hero!!!
rivenriver

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:46 am

LOL i was just listening to 'good morning baltimore' LOL
kate_turner2000

Postby Tummygirl » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:43 am

My inspirration is my mother. My mum was always over weight as i was a kid and top the scales at 180 kg. She then had lap band surgery and is now at 99 kilos. While she had assistacne with the lap band she still had hard work and i commend her for that. :lol:
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:55 am

hey cassie how long ago did your mum have that done? sorry for being nosy!
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous