It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:36 am

Free Newsletter

Clothes!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Clothes!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:19 pm

Hey girls and guys!

just curious as to what types of clothes suit bigger women? what do you feel most comfortable wearing and what would you like to wear when you are like a size 12? i have given 2 bags full of clothes to charity today and need to layby some and looking for some flattering clothes. any pics would help too :) maybe you can tell us what your dream outfit is?

xox
kate_turner2000

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:25 pm

hehe ill go first. this is the wedding dress i want... not sure on colour yet though ;) i love the way it gathers around the skirt.
kate_turner2000

Postby oostevens » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:29 pm

wow thats gorgeous :) even with that colour hehe

i wanna be able to wear pipe jeans and singlets :) and normal tshirts without them looking giant and making my boobs huge.

um....i dunno wats best for sizes atm, i am trying to figure out wat to wear myself

ooh and i wanna wear dresses :) and sexy lingerie
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby rivenriver » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:45 pm

I reckon bootleg and flared jeans look amazing on big women. Stay away from skinny leg or tapered leg - coming in at the ankles just makes the tops of your legs look wider, and makes you look shorter.

Wear stuff with shape around the waste. Flatter your curves, don't hide them. Floaty fabrics are great too. Avoid tight fitting stuff. Who cares if it's a size 16 or an 18 if the 18 looks better?

With dresses and skirts, avoid anything where the length is at your shins, on the wide part of your leg. Skirts should be knee length or just below, or full length. If they're part way in between, they have to be full and floaty. Otherwise they point to how wide your leg is at that part.

My favourite shop is Autograph, cos they stock things for all shaped big women, those with booty and those without. Also Crossroads now stocks up to a small 22, they're cheaper too. :)

As for what I will wear as a size 12? Jeans and singlets that show a tiny bit of middle. I'll get my belly button pierced too. Form-fitting clothes. Pretty things. :) And clothes that only cost $10 each, not $40!!!
rivenriver

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:13 pm

Hehe that in white was my sisters wedding dress on sept 1st.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby Rebecca » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:14 pm

I have a massive problem with larger people wearing clothes that are way too big for them, particularly pants. I know that I was guilty of it, I lost 20kgs, worked my arse off in the gym and still used baggy pants to 'hide' myself. I think it does nothing at all for anyones figure, it certainly did nothing for mine!. My Mum for example has lost 22kgs in the last year, anyway she has been wearing the same size pants the whole time and she keeps buying more the same size! I went with her last week to get some new clothes and made her try on some nice fitting jeans. She was gobsmacked "Oh, I look thinner!" That's because you are Mum! The difference was incredible, and when she wears them she knows she looks good and that confidence exudes from her! She has gone from a 22 to a 16 and looks great, still losing as well.

As for me, I think the things that look best are definately any top that has a lower neckline, be it v or boat neck. I for one am loving boat neck at the moment (just bought a beautiful French Kitty top!). I live in jeans, particularly JAG bootcut, always a dark colour - makes my legs look longer and thinner.

I guess what I can't wait to wear is something sleeveless without feeling blah! I have a few things now but my Nanna wings always make me wear a cardi or something, no matter how hot it is!
Rebecca

Postby Fireball » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:49 pm

Kate that is one dynamite dress. I can see you in it - gorgeous!

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:39 am

thanks maree!

hey rebecca i wore above the knee shorts for the first time last summer. boy did i feel uncomfortable at first but then i realised no one can see the 'flaws' i can. they jsut look awful if i havent shaved them! lol
kate_turner2000

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous