It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Free Newsletter

Mandie's Mission

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Mandie's Mission

Postby Mandie » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:55 pm

Time to start a new progress thread I think, and this seems the ideal place to put it!

Quick recap for those who don't know me:
Am 23 (actually, 24 in two weeks!), have been overweight my entire life. Got up to a maximum weight of approximately 140kg, looked somewhat like this-

Lost around 30kg to hover around 110kg, and I maintained this weight for a couple of years, thereabouts. At my lowest, I looked like this-

(and better pic of face)

I've now been "relaxing" on the weight loss thing for a little while... I've been super busy with a new boyfriend, work and finally finishing my medical degree (yep, November 5 is my last exam, and all things going well, I'll begin working as a doctor in a Perth hospital in January). My jeans are getting tight again... and I know it's time to stop relaxing and start heading for goal again. I'm not sure exactly what I weigh at the moment (I always have this problem with accurate scales!) but it's somewhere in the region of 115kg. I think. Must check.

Ahh! It's 117kg, naked, in the morning, after breakfast, with wet hair. That's not so bad, right? I know I'm not back at my biggest level, but I'm worried about the upward trend.. and I want to finally get into double figures and STAY THERE!

I'm going to actually show this to my boyfriend this weekend. That's pretty scary for me. I know he loves me no matter what, and he thinks I'm beautiful.. but what will he say when he realises that his girlfriend is massively obese at well over 100kg? I'm 99.5% sure he will be completely supportive... make that 99.999999999999999999999999% sure. I'll post later and tell you all what he said. :)

So, this is it. Forget the past, I'm starting anew. Right now. I'm aiming for 0.5kg - 1kg per week, with no half-assed efforts. No excuses - I'm massively busy, but I'll be busy my whole life. I need to learn to manage my time. If I can make 10 minutes to check my e-mail and my facebook daily, I can make 10 minutes to record my intake in CalorieKing. I promise to THINK before I eat, and not just mindlessly snack because I'm bored, or because it's there. I promise to try and get some exercise in as much as possible - even if it's just a 20 minute walk. I promise to reach my goal of under 100kg, and no matter how many times I fall off the wagon, I promise to jump back on.

I want to post some "official" before photos of me right now, but I appear to have misplaced my camera. Coming soon!

Wish me luck!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:59 pm

hey mandie

great to see you back on board and welcome to the new section :) im sure joel will love you no matter what the number on the scales says. i think he would be proud of the fact that you are taking control of your weight and becoming healthier :) i always remember what you said that motivates you is that you dont want to see like a hypocrite when you start working and having to tell people to lose weight for their health to only know that you arent doing the same thing. i know you can do this mandie, you have come such a long way already, its good that you have had a bit of a break with the weightloss because that will help get you back into the swing of things now. best wishes

xoxox
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:55 pm

Welcome back Mandie, I was thinking of you the other day, glad that it's almost over with your exam's what a relif it must be comming to the end, & being albel to finally be a doctor. Dont' worry about your weight it is new beggining's now & i'm sure that joel will love you no matter what.
Chelle

Postby Tummygirl » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:18 pm

Hey Mandie

You remind me of myself hehehe. I have always been overweight and going up and down on the scales.

I too have a partner that loves me to bits and always says baby i love you anyway you are...but having said that he is my best support when im at home he helps me alot...well most of the time.

Loved reading you intro and ill be looking out on your progress :lol:
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:19 pm

Welcome back Mandie!! Woohoo for nearly being finished! Well done! Look forward to watching your progress again!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby sassi » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:52 pm

hey mandie - i love your comment about finding 10 mins for facebook so...no excuses! it's a great outlook :)

good luck with the weight loss & a big GOOD LUCK for those exams. i know you'll succeed with both. :)
sassi

Postby electrongirl » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:25 pm

Hi Mandie!!

I remember reading all about your trip months ago!!

You sound like such a great girl and you are so pretty!!!

Good luck with it, you'll do great!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Mandie » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:18 am

Hey everyone! Thanks for your lovely messages :)

I had a pretty bad day foodwise.. as in more than 3000 calories.. good start huh? Oh well.. tomorrow is a new day. Today, we went to Kings Park with a german exchange student to have a BBQ.. went a bit overboard! And she baked fresh macadamia and white chocolate cookies... it would have been rude to refuse! Possibly shouldn't have eaten 5 though. Hmm.

Tomorrow...

And yeah, showed Joel... it was hard, but I'm glad I did it now.. I don't like hiding things. He still seems to love me and he said he'll support me. And he doesn't seem that much less attracted to me, as he is currently trying to get me to go to bed with him...

So I guess I'll go to bed now and get my daily exercise in... :P :lol:
Mandie

Postby milkyway » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:21 am

Yay for sexercise :P

Great to see you back here Mandie. Nov 5th will be here before you know it! But you always do well on your exams so I'm expecting good things from you :)

I like the attitude - you'll always be busy, so need to make time for exercise etc. You'll be in double digits before you know it with that attitude :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Mandie » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:36 am

I hope so!! (about the exam, and about hitting double digits soon!)

I've been putting off the weight loss thing for AGES now.. I've maintained my previous loss relatively well, but have convinced myself I am too busy to lose more at the moment. But yeah, I will ALWAYS be busy.. so it's not an excuse!

Plus, when I first lost the weight I was doing uni and working MORE often... so I managed then, I can manage now!

Yesterday was a bad day for my food wise, but I'll see how I go today. I'm about to get dressed and go for a walk down to the shops (about 15 min walk there, 15 min walk back but there's a big hill on the way back!) to buy my friend's birthday present...

Tonight, I'm going to a friend's birthday party - dinner at a pub (will have to try and pick the healthiest option! am looking at the website now.. http://www.thebrisbanehotel.com.au/menu.htm if anyone wants to go see and help me choose some food?!

I won't be drinking tonight.. will stick to the diet cokes. May have to have some red bull late in the evening though, because I'm going to a drum n bass night at a club with Joel and we're planning to dance until 4am!! I figure if I have one red bull I will probably burn it off with all the dancing.. we'll see anyway!
Mandie

Postby electrongirl » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:40 am

oh I love the Brisbane Hotel!! I used to work just down the road from there!!

All the food sounds so good!! I'd go for the grilled salmon. But thats just me!! You could always get them to alter pretty much anything you want.

Makes me hungry looking at that menu!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby sassi » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:16 pm

that sounds yum! i'd get the salmon as well or the linguine. :)
sassi

Postby stormchaser » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:51 pm

Good luck, you can do it! We are at about the same place weight wise and goal wise so think we can help each other out.
stormchaser

Postby corolla_chick » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:58 pm

nice to see you back mandie!! good luck with your exams :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:47 pm

Welcome back Mandie . Wohhoooo almost done only exams to go ... U can do it mate . We all support u fully . U go Girl
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous