It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Mandie's Mission

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Mandie's Mission

Postby milkyway » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:37 pm

That sounds fantastic, Mandie. She sounds like a great trainer and will really motivate you.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Mandie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:13 am

Argh.. first proper session in 17 minutes! Am freaking out a bit - what have I gotten myself into??!!
Mandie

Postby Alexandra » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:52 am

Go Mandie - that's sounds so ...um..hard..I mean great :D I've got pt website's saved in my bookmarks...and as soon as I have a job and some money, I'll bust some moves..and some sweat :) Hope it went well for you :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby Mandie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:37 pm

Went great! We went to a park down the road, it was fairly quiet and private, and as it is by the river, it's so pretty!

Did a little jogging warm up, then did some cardio - runnning up and down between cones. Then we did squats & throwing/catching the medicine ball (as in, she threw me the 5kg ball, I caught it and did a squat, then I threw it back, then she threw it back to me, etc). Then walking lunges with 5kg hand weights. Then umm.. Tricep exercises with the weights (I can't do tricep dips because of my wrist), Chest presses with the weights, and straight arm raises with the weights. Then abdominal crunches, and those Superman exercises lying on your stomach to work your back muscles. Then stretched, then home!

It was tough, but good. She pushed me well and made me keep going when I thought I couldn't do anymore - and spotted me when I was about to drop the weights! She was also good at knowing exactly when I really was completely stuffed, and let me stop before I injured myself. All I could ask for really!

I'm seeing her again on Wednesday. In the meantime, I'm going to do some cardio (going for a walk or similar) on Monday - she said I'll probably be too sore still on Sunday! I'm also going to buy some hand weights, and she will write a program for me to follow on the off days. So far, so good! Best $40/hour I've spent in a long while!
Mandie

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:46 pm

That sounds like a great PT session, Mandie! I'm glad you found someone who obviously knows her stuff. It's great that you enjoyed it, and that she pushed you to your limits. It sounds like $40 well spent!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Mandie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Definitely :) And I didn't cry, or throw up - or injure myself horribly! Which is good, because frankly the Biggest Loser style of exercising is freakin INSANE and could not possibly be recommended by ANYONE!

Main problem at the moment - legs are STILL weak and shaky and I am upstairs, but the toilet is downstairs.. *sigh*
Mandie

Postby Mandie » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:38 pm

Yowza, I am SORE today.. and I think it will be worse tomorrow! Oh well, all for a good cause!

Went out today and got 2 new pairs of workout pants (my one remaining pair has a hole in them!) and 2 new sports bras.. man they are expensive! I also bought some 4kg hand weights so I will be ready when Natalie gives me my "at home" program on Wednesday!

I'm excited and ready to do more, but unfortunately I'm too sore really! I will try to do some walking tomorrow but otherwise, definitely Monday!

Bought a heap of seafood today too. Went to Seafood Secrets in the Galleria (Morley). It's a new fish shop that sells loads of frozen fish (as in, frozen AT SEA so it's really fresh!) for quite reasonable prices! I was quite impressed. Check out their website at seafoodsecrets.com.au, I think they have a shop in Garden City and probably other places too! It's good because I like being able to see the fish in the vacuum packaging - I don't like frozen fish in boxes at the supermarket. And while it isn't cheap (because ya know, it's seafood!) it's pretty reasonable for what you get.

Having some delicious marinated salmon fillets for dinner!
Mandie

Postby milkyway » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:50 pm

Yummm - sounds good Mandie. I love seafood.

Your training sounds amazing - I love that post workout soreness - it's a good sore if there is such a thing :lol:

good bras are expensive. I'm waiting until I get to goal and I'll buy some Enell sports bras. They're supposed to be the best of the best and they're expensive at about $100. Yoikes. I'm going to need new everything - from undies to PJs to bras and other clothes. I've been collecting $100 Myer vouchers for a while now from my credit card's rewards program. Every little bit will help.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Mandie » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:11 pm

I know what you mean about being a good sore! I have enjoyed the feeling of knowing I am getting back into working out!

I'm not sore today though! I was actually still sore up til yesterday.. my triceps were the worst!

But - another session tomorrow morning! eep!

Went for a good walk this morning before work, was nice, down by the river and stuff :) About 45 minutes all up, not bad considering I walked to and from work too!

I am trying to save my credit card points too, so I can have a few vouchers and spend money on CLOTHES! Gonna need it!

So far the new sports bra has worked out well - I jogged a little this morning and the bra seemed to cope okay. :)
Mandie

Postby Mandie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:23 am

Whew, another exhausting session today! Good though - I like how she always mixes it up. I also learned that my left leg is much weaker than my right leg and I don't really know why!! Oh well..

I'm really getting into this now. I like having someone keeping me accountable and on track. I am using Calorie King to track my calories and I am having sensible snacks - carrots or celery, and I'm hard boiling eggs to keep in the fridge too, for a protein hit. I am pretty pleased!

Lost 800g this last week.. including some Valentines day chocolate and wine! So not bad I think!

Cracking on.. how are you all doing? :)
Mandie

Postby milkyway » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:02 pm

That's brilliant, Mandie. Congrats for your loss this week.Well deserved & keep it up! :)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:44 pm

I'm glad you're enjoying it! It sounds like getting a PT was a really good choice fro you.

Just curious, is having one leg stronger than the other similar to being right or left handed? Could it be that if you prefer one leg over the other over time the muscles become stronger, or perhaps your coordination is just better because that leg corresponds to the side of your brain that controls your dominant hand?

I know that back when I did martial arts and ballet my right leg was definitely my strongest leg. I also had finer control over it, which I assumed was because I was right-handed.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Rustie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:51 pm

Hi Mandy,

Good to see that your going so well with things. Do you mind passing on your PT's number? She sounds really good and I need a little push!

Thanks
Sam x

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby Mandie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:32 pm

Thanks everyone! Actually, I went to the toilet post-weighing in this morning and I had lost another 900g... so I lost about 1.7kg in the last week or so! Crazy! My ticker has actually gone down! Hooray!

EWQ: Yeah, I'm really glad I decided to get a PT. Best thing ever! She said that you do tend to be weaker on your non dominant side, but apparently I'm a fair bit weaker on my left than she would expect - I still can't really figure out why though! I know my left arm is stronger than my right, but that's because my right wrist has been dodgy over the past few years and I've had a couple of operations on it.. I'm actually right handed preferentially! What kind of martial arts did you do? What colour belt? Should we be scared? :P

Sam: She's pretty booked up but give her a try, she's great. Costs $25 for the initial one hour session which includes goal planning, nutrition assessment & planning, measurements, skin fold tests for fat % (she doesn't use scales because they are too variable!), a fitness test (stuff like how many star jumps you can do in one minute, etc) and working out a plan to meet your goals. Then it's $50 per hour for sessions, but it is $40 if you buy a pack of 20 sessions, which I did - keeps me more motivated because I've already paid for it and I know I've got her for 20 weeks now! Check out her website at : http://optifit.wordpress.com/ and contact her or 0400200417 or email [email protected]

In other news, I went for a swim at my parent's place today - I did 100 laps of the 10m pool - granted, that's a lot of turns, and I did half freestyle and half breaststroke - I was still puffing though! Took me just over half an hour. I was pretty pleased with that!

Also, a friend brought a box of Krispy Kremes over tonight! There were two allocated for me, and one leftover at the end of the night that I apparently could have... I said no thank you and had just ONE doughnut (normally I would have 3-4) and refused the others - Joel ate my share instead! He's such a martyr.. hehe..

So yeah. things are going well!

Busy week next week so not seeing Natalie again until Saturday week.. but I have a little program to do with the weights and I have to do cardio at least twice - I'm planning to surprise her and try to do it every day! Wish me luck!
Mandie

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:53 am

I did freestyle martial arts when I was a teenager. Got to brown belt. But I'm far more adept at verbal tongue-lashings than punching people so the forum remains safe for now. :lol:

Good on you for only having one doughnut! You have the will-power of a saint. Well done!
EvilWombatQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous