It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:42 am

Free Newsletter

Mandie's Mission

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Mandie's Mission

Postby Mandie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:06 am

Ooh, brown belt! Awesome, well done! :)

Yeah, I was proud of myself with the doughnuts.. there were leftovers and I was offered an extra one, and then "just have half" SO many times but I stuck to my guns and Joel knew I didn't want another one, so he quickly ate the spares! Not great for him but good for me hehe!! At least we don't have Krispy Kremes very often, only when someone brings them from the eastern states - we don't have KK in Perth!
Mandie

Postby Mandie » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:28 am

Still going well.. since PT on Wednesday, I have been swimming on Thursday, Did my home exercise routine with weights on Friday, Went for a walk on Saturday, had Sunday off, and did my home exercise routine again today. Planning to go for a walk tomorrow, keep it up! Got PT again on Saturday morning, then again the following Wednesday - have to fit in with my crazy work schedule.

Eating is pretty on track too. I had a little bit of icecream last night, but otherwise I've been good. Went to a hen's night on saturday night and I didn't have any alcohol.. so I'm pretty proud of that! Just empty calories, so I'm waiting for the wedding to get my drink on :)

How are you all doing?
Mandie

Postby milkyway » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:21 pm

You sound like you're doing great Mandie - so motivated and doing all that exercise. Great stuff! :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Mandie » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:15 am

Still going strong - went out for dinner last night, which was nice.. but I had a really good day before that and I made sure I didn't eat too much at dinner - and I declined entree AND dessert! The night before, my grandmother took us out.. that was a little naughtier, had a piece of garlic bread and then I had an affogato for sweets (still, I was essentially forced into dessert - my grandmother is like that! - and the affogato was just one scoop of icecream with a shot of coffee - as opposed to all the other desserts like mud cake etc, so it was still a better choice!)

Still been doing my home exercise program too, been walking to and from work as per usual. Haven't been for extra walks this week because its just too dark in the morning in the time I have before work.. which sucks! And in the evening I am usually gettin dinner ready etc, so not going to walk then! I'm going to look at getting an exercise bike soon, so I can jump on that and do it whether its rainy or dark or whatever.. so that will be good!

Looking forward to my next session with Natalie on saturday morning :)

Weighed myself this morning - 118.2kg, so I'm happy with that, that means over a kilo down since last week! Been looking at my weight most days, it's pretty up and down! But I'll take that! :)

I'm noticing very slight differences in my body already - jeans fitting better, that sort of thing - so that's great! Will be interesting to see what my measurements are like after my first month with the PT.. that will be next week or the week after I believe, so I'm looking forward to that!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Mandie

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:17 am

That's a great loss, Mandie. Good on you!

I'm glad you enjoyed going out for dinner. It sounds like you made really good choices while eating out.

Good luck with finding an exercise bike. I hope you enjoy your PT session tomorrow!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Mandie » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:41 am

Thanks EWQ!

Had a good session with Natalie today. We spent most of it doing boxing, which I really enjoy - wasn't easy though, there was lots of running up and down between sets of punching! And my arms were absolutely on fire!

I love that each session has been COMPLETELY different.. keeps me very motivated and looking forward to each training!

Seeing her again on Wednesday.

How's everyone else going?
Mandie

Postby milkyway » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:45 am

You're doing great Mandie - it's great to read the enthusiasm in your post. PT is working out well for you. :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Mandie » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:58 am

Ugh, can't move!

Got caned today... she made me do heaps of "suicide runs" - where you run to a cone, get a weight, bring it back, go to a further cone, get a weight, bring it back, then to the last cone, etc, then put all the weights back.. sprinting the whole way! We did that between every other exercise, and it HURT!

Did lots of squats and lunges and chest presses as well. Attempted a chin up - not even remotely close! The best I can do is hang from the monkey bar - but even then I can only hold myself up for a few seconds.. I guess that the lighter I get, the easier that will become!

Got to a point where I thought I was going to vomit, but managed to hold it in.. that's how hard I was working!

Did a squat against a tree and held the position at 90 degrees.. last time we tried I barely lasted a few seconds, but this time I held it for a minute! But then she made me repeat it, twice! Ouuuuch!

Anyway.. all good. Sore though! She said I am noticeably fitter - we are fitting more into the hour and my recovery time is much improved so thats good!

Onwards!
Mandie

Postby Mandie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:29 am

Wow, it's been a while huh?

Haven't weighed myself in AGES... bout the same though. Still continuing with my PT, she's wonderful and I'm SO glad I am seeing her.. she is worth 10 times what I pay!

I had an operation recently (two weeks ago Tuesday) and am recovering slowly.. not allowed to go back to work for another two weeks though so I am slowly going stir crazy - and you may find me online more often! Not in much pain but I was hospital bed-bound for a week and now couch-bound, and it will be another couple of weeks before I am properly allowed to go out of the house and go for a walk and things.. which sucks because I am missing exercise SO MUCH!

I got Natalie (PT) to come around on Friday though, and we did loads of upper body weights (surgery was on the lower half - I can't do squats, lunges, sit ups, walking, running, etc) - it was so good just to use my muscles and work up a sweat. I'm surprised and pleased with myself for not using this as an excuse to do NOTHING for 4 weeks! I'm watching my eating well too, but I know I'm essentially completely sedentary at the moment so I'm hardly burning anything off. Eating lots of protein so I heal fast!

Good news in terms of my health though - while in hospital, my pulse hovered around the low 60s and my blood pressure was usually 120-125/70-80 - normal! From a girl who used to always get around 130-140/85-95 - so I'm stoked with that! My pulse was usually in the low 80s too, so I've become quite fit!

Oh yeah, and Natalie took some measurements on Friday. I've lost 1cm from my arm, 1cm from my thigh, 1cm (that's all!!!) from my hips, 2cm from my bust and.. wait for it.. 23cm from my waist! She checked that twice, it's unbelievable - but true! Joel reckons it's really noticeable but I just don't see it yet.. gotta start doing photos again I think! So I'm doing well - if only my butt/hip fat would MOVE!

Anyways. How y'all doin? Will keep updating on my progress - hopefully the next two weeks will go quickly and I'll be able to get off the couch - I'm actually itching to go running! How weird!
Mandie

Postby Fireball » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:02 pm

Good on you Mandie. Even though you havent been on the forum it looks like you've kept working towards your goals. I wouldn't be surprised if you are carying more muscle weight now too. Your health stats are great. I'm more like at the place you were when you started so it's great to see it really can work. Thanks for the inspiration.
And you're so wise to plan to keep your exercise up while you are recuperating!

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby lng86 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:35 am

How are you feeling?

Almost completely recovered?

Awesome loss of cm!!! That waist measurement is amazing. Congratulations!

Feel better soon!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Mandie » Thu May 07, 2009 1:11 pm

Eh, I'm going okay Lauren - slowly but I think I'm progressing. Back to work next week, YAY! (that's not sarcasm.. I miss working!)

Seeing the surgeon again Monday... hopefully he will say everything is healed and I'm allowed to run/work out my lower body.. I am getting sick of working out just my arms! Although they are getting stronger, so that is a good thing...

Been so so though.. I think I'm feeling loads better so I go shopping and do heaps of things and have a big day and then I get soooo sore - have to learn to take things easy and build up but I've never been very good at that! I hate hate hate being the patient!
Mandie

Postby curvygirl » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:05 pm

Mandie how are you going? I know that you havent been around lately but just wanted to see how things were for you. Would love an update if you have time.
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Previous

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous