It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Mission: join me in the quest to lose 5kg! Buddies wanted!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Mission: join me in the quest to lose 5kg! Buddies wanted!

Postby Rissa » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:09 pm

Hello to all,
I just joined today, and have realised I need to make a mini goal that I can aim for. I have the overall goal of losing 50 kilos :shock: , but as someone tipped me in a warm welcome over in the Introduction section, I should probably cut that amount into smaller managable bits (thankyou, kate_turner2000).
So here's my self assigned mission: lose 5 kilos in a month. I'm giving myself a deadline of Sunday 11 November to reach this, which will be my first weigh-in. If I make it, I'll be ecstatic :D . If I don't make it, it just means I'll have to rethink my diet and exercise to see where I can make improvements.
I really think that I can do this, and would love to hear from others who are doing something similar. I'd love to hear from newbies like me, who are just starting out on their weight loss journey, and I'd love to hear from oldies who are still making their way through their goals. Make some noise people, and join me in losing 5kg!
Mission: accepted.
Cheers! Rissa.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3irdSl/]
[/url]
First weigh-in: Sunday 11 Novemember, 2007.
Mission: to lose 5 kilos by this date.
Rissa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:14 pm

hey rissa :)

welcome to the new section! glad to hear you have broken your major goal into mini goals. what are you going to treat yourself with when you lose that first 5kg? i think you have set some great goals for yourself. id be happy to lose my mini target of 6kg by xmas day. ill keep in touch with you to let you know if this is happening or not! LOL best wishes you can do this!
kate_turner2000

Postby rivenriver » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:34 pm

*puts hand up*

Ok, lets do this!!!

I'm less sure than you that I can do it... ;) 5kg in 6weeks maybe? 5kg by my birthday? (17 Nov!) 4kg in a month?

No, screw it, 5kg in a month!!! I'll push you, you push me! As well as anyone else who joins in! ;)

*high five* On the case!
rivenriver

Postby Rissa » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:24 pm

kate_turner20000, you're just full of good ideas! What should I treat myself to if I meet my goal....hmm.... I would like to go on a holiday to Europe (or anywhere, really), but unfortunately neither my bank account or work is going to support me in that. I might just have to settle for a pair of gorgeous shoes or a new handbag. What the hell...let's make it shoes AND a handbag! I'll keep my eyes open...Keep me posted on your progress with your Xmas goal. I'd love to hear how you're going with the ups and downs.

*taps rivenriver on the head* - you're on my list as a buddy now! You'll find it quite hard to get off it, now, so you're pretty much stuck with me. So far in the hour or so since I posted the 5kg mission, you're the only one to have put your hand up, so it's a VERY short list.
You can push me, and I'll shove you back, then we can bump heads. In a non-violent way, of course! It looks like we're around the same weight range, too, which is good.
And you're right, we might not be able to reach 5 kg in a month, but really I'll just be :D to see the number on the scales going down. I'm easily pleased.
Mission status: WIP.
[/url]
Rissa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:32 pm

heck new shoes handbag and a trip to the hairdressers for a pampering session i reckon you will deserve all that!!

im sure more people will join in, everyones probably buggered with the end of the week LOL
kate_turner2000

Postby chubba momma » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:05 pm

god luck with the mini goal i think it helps to start out with mini goals too! I will let you know after my weigh in tomoorow if im up for this challenge :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby Kadatari » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:27 am

I'm in...I'll weigh myself in the morning and let you know my starting weight. So is it by Nov 11 or 17th?
Kadatari

Postby milkyway » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:41 am

All the best for your mini goal :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Rissa » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:38 pm

I'm definitely going to weigh-in on 11 November. I'd love it if you could join me, but you can always weigh-in later and stick to the whole 'lose 5kgs in one month' thing on your own terms. Although I'm not sure if I'll reach the 5kg mark, but I will hopefully lose something (as long as its not my sanity...)
[/url]
Rissa

Postby corolla_chick » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:50 pm

good luck on your mission!! i would like to be under 80kgs by xmas. currently around the 85 - 85.5 mark :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby Mandie » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:24 pm

I'm with you Rissa.. I am going to aim for 5kg but I'm not sure I'll make it.. however it's good to aim high!

Reach for the moon, at least if you miss you'll land amongst the stars!

Or something like that :)
Mandie

Postby Kadatari » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:07 pm

ok my starting weight is 96kg.

lets keep motivated. i don't know that i'll lose the 5 but i'll try :D
Kadatari

Postby chubba momma » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:31 pm

Im in, my weight is 72kg today

Not sure if i can do 5 kg but i will try!! :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby Rissa » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:48 pm

Glad to have you all on board! As Mandie said we'll reach for the moon but may take a detour to the stars - hope you don't mind me paraphrasing your quote of wisdom. probably won't be able to get that outta my mind now.
Is anyone else going wait until 11 Nov for their next weigh-in? or are you going to do that weekly?
Just to get you all up to speed, I'll now be referring to us as the CuCos in my mind, and maybe on my postings if I actually remember. it stands for CUrvaceous and COurageous *duh*. I was going to go with the CCs, but that made me think of corn chips and I got hungry...
Ok time to wrap this up. Best wishes to everyone. My goal for tomorrow is to try and find my gym membership card. I think its stuck in one of the huge dust balls tumbling around here.
Bye! Rissa
[/url]
Rissa

Postby brooke88 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:56 am

I'm in too! I'm hoping to lose 10 kilos by xmas, but I know the only way I'll be able to is by having other people doing similar things who understand and who also need motivation and encouragement. I know that's my biggest problem so...

Starting Weight: 80 kilos
Current Weight: 77 kilos
Goal Weight: 60 kilos- Hopefully by Febuary!

Good luck to everyone else :D
brooke88

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous