It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:21 am

Free Newsletter

Mission: join me in the quest to lose 5kg! Buddies wanted!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mandie » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:19 pm

venting and whining is pretty common on the forum - it's WAY better to let it out here than to go and binge!

one of the keys to beating emotional eating is to RECOGNISE when you are doing it/about to do it, and then doing something else - like coming and posting on the forum! So well done for that!

you missed your class - but can you go for a walk tonight? do some sit ups/squats etc? put on some music and have a dance? something to make you feel better might be in order i think!!

as far as TTOTM goes, a lot of girls here would have some good advice for what to do. i hope no-one hates me for saying this, but i dont get a period anymore because i take the pill continuously... and i don't get any breakthrough bleeding. yay for no periods :)
Mandie

Postby Rissa » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:52 pm

I'm feeling a bit better now. :oops: I ended up going for a stroll around the block, which I think helped clear my head out a little. Resisted the urge to go to the shops and grab something bad to eat. So, no chocolate! Thanks, Kate and Mandie. Tomorrow is definitely a new day - I am going to refocus on my goal of losing 5 kg by 11 November, and I've actually made some progress in that I recognised when I felt a binge coming on, but didn't give in to the urge.
Don't get me started on TTOTM *sniffles*.
Hope you all have a great day tomorrow.
Cheers! Rissa
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3irdSl/]
[/url]
First weigh-in: Sunday 11 Novemember, 2007.
Mission: to lose 5 kilos by this date.
Rissa

Postby milkyway » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:02 am

Hi Rissa - I hope YOU have a great day tomorrow :)

And feel to whine & vent as much as you like. That's what we're here for - a collective group of ears :P

You sound like a wonderful friend -- very generous and kind and sympathetic. You don't come across as selfish at all. But maybe you should be a bit selfish and be a wonderful friend to yourself. It's so easy to put other people ahead of ourselves. I wonder if your friend knows how depressing it is to listen to her all the time? I used to have people in my life who I called 'zappers' -- they're the ones that just take take take from you and give so little back. I don't have any in my life any more, I am zapper free :)

I don't mean to insinuate that your friend is a zapper, but it's just something to consider because if she is, she could be quite toxic to your own wellbeing...
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby corolla_chick » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:15 am

hope you are feeling better today rissa :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:27 am

You cannot care for others if you don't care for yourself. Period. To support someone in emotional distress you NEED to be fighting fit yourself. How do I know? i work in child protection and am doing PhD in psych.

Get out there NOW and do what you need to do to make yourself happy and healthy. If you do not do this, you cannot give your fried the support she needs.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Rissa » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:05 am

I'm so glad it's Friday! Anyone else happy to see the weekend come around? The only problem is that it goes way too fast... like similar to the speed at which i can devour a block of Cadbury chocolate. Pretty much just a blur...
Had a work team lunch today. And to show how dedicated I am, I decided to forgo any alcoholic beverages in favour of water. So while others where pleasently buzzed, I was stone cold sober. Let's just say I found out more than I wanted to about a particular person...
Today marks my 1 week anniversary both for having started my endeavor to lose 50kgs and having joined this forum. so happy anniversary to me! I'm pretty sure the 1 week anniversary gift is pearls, right? Gosh, I better go buy myself a pearl necklace before I have to yell at myself for forgetting my anniversary and present.
To the jewellery store!
Bye! Rissa
[/url]
Rissa

Postby Rissa » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:22 am

Blah, sorry I ment to say in my previous post a big collective thankyou to everyone's kind words about my 'friend' issue. It's just that with that particular friend there seems to be lots of take, but no give. *shrugs* I guess like with most things you just have to decide what you're willing to put up with.
Do I have a potential zapper (compliments to milkyway for this term!) here? Maybe, but I think I really need to focus on trying to lose weight, especially if I want to lose 5kgs by 11 Nov.
So here's my pledge: I will block out all external factors that bring out my destructive tendencies.
In other words, if something upsets/stresses/depresses/angers/scaress/discomfits me I will not let it deter me from my goal. So no comfort eating or using it as an excuse.
Although I do give myself permission to rant and whine! That's pretty much unavoidable...
[/url]
Rissa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:21 am

hey rissa

imagine how great you are going to feel about yourself when you lose these 5kg by november?! dont let anybody drag you down. a lot of us have had it happen in life at one point or another and it can really hold us back from what we want to achieve and it shouldnt.

congrats on your 1 weeks anniversary!
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:33 am

There's always gonna be there external factors.. just gotta put em aside and focus on YOU.. look after YOU first :)

Congrats on the one week anniversary!! Soon, you'll be able to celebrate anniversaries of having LOST 50kg.. won't that be awesome???!!
Mandie

Postby Rissa » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:17 pm

Went to the gym today. First Saturday I've been to the gym for ages! Sounds like not a big deal, but trust me it is!
I am very much looking forward to when I can celebrate having lost 50kgs, but I shudder to think how long that is going to take me...
Anyway this is very much a long term goal, so I know I'm in for a long haul *drags Bob behind her* For anyone who doesn't know, Bob is my 50kgs that I want to loose. I've let him know that I want to get rid of him, but he's a persistent little bugger *kicks him in the head*. I've tried leaving him on the side of the road, then driving away reeealy fast, but later that night I hear a knock on the door and there he is...
[/url]
Rissa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:49 pm

try to sell bob on ebay, im sure there are some people who need that attachment ;)
kate_turner2000

Postby brooke88 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:06 pm

11 days to lose 4 kilos! I better step up the pace at the gym... lol. According to the scales I've lost a kilo since I signed up for the misson, but it is TTOTM. I know, it's silly to even bother with the scales lol. How's everyone else doing? Or are you choosing to wait till November 11th?
brooke88

Postby Rissa » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:27 pm

You cannot I repeat CANNOT trust scales at TTOTM! I know I get bloating, among other things that I'm sure no one wants to hear about, so you've probably actually lost more than 1 kg. *shrugs* Me thinks, anyway. Fingers crossed for your weigh-in in 11 days! :wink:
I'm waiting until Nov 11 until next I weigh in. So far I've been able to withstand the temptation of dragging out my scales from underneath my bed. Why put them underneath, my bed, I hear you ask? - well I like them out of my line of sight. If I kept them in the bathroom like a normal person I would most likely get on them every time i went into the bathroom. Out of sight, out of mind...
I've got a little confession to make: I was assaulted by the chocolate monster today. I won't go into the gory details, but let's just say it wasn't pretty.
:oops: :( :oops: :( :oops: :(
I will get back on track tomorrow.
I must get back on track tomorrow.
I need to get back on track tomorrow.
Hope nobody else fell off the wagon like I did. Sending out support to everyone :D
Bye! Rissa
[/url]
Rissa

Postby Mandie » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:28 pm

you will get back on track tomorrow
you will get back on track tomorrow!!!

You can do it Rissa - look forward to your weigh-in on Nov 11 :)
Mandie

Postby brooke88 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:53 pm

LMAO Rissa! :lol: What a naughty chocolate monster...
brooke88

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous