It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Mission: join me in the quest to lose 5kg! Buddies wanted!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:32 pm

good on ya rissa, tomorrow is a new day

btw i know what you mean about ttotm!
kate_turner2000

Postby chubba momma » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:51 pm

rissa i love to read your threads, they are awesome and bring fun into this journey, I weigh myself every saturday morning, if i dont weigh myslef i tend to slack off a bit so i weigh to keep myself grounded :D So far 1 kg down, just 4 kgs to go to reach teh 5 kg mark by nov
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby Rissa » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:54 pm

A 1 kg loss, chubba momma? You must be very happy! Congrats. So all that blood, sweat and chocolate deprivation seems to have paid off for you.
I still haven't given in to the temptation to weigh myself. I said to myself that I would wait until 11 Nov, and come rain or hail that's what I'll do. It probably helps that my scales have flat batteries so it doesn't actually work...But after this month I'll probably switch to a weekly or fortnightly weigh in like you.
At least the chocolate monster left me alone today. Probably because I managed to knee him in his dangly bits last time. What better way to ward off a jerk.
Had a late night last night...or should I say early morning. Very unusual for me to do that on a weeknight. Had to get up and face work as usual, and while I didn't eat 1 big bad thing, I managed to eat lots of little bad things. I blame being tired and a bit stressed. But I could have been a lot worse. I'll just have to try harder tomorrow.
Have a lovely day, all!
Bye, Rissa
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3irdSl/]
[/url]
First weigh-in: Sunday 11 Novemember, 2007.
Mission: to lose 5 kilos by this date.
Rissa

Postby Rissa » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:03 pm

:oops: Had a bit of blow out over the weekend. Three words were my downfall - KFC popcorn chicken :oops: . Ok, so it's more than 3 words, but I count KFC as one. But I am determined to get back on track tomorrow.I am doing this exercise challenge at work for 5 weeks, so I think that will push me into doing more exercise, which is what I need. It starts tomorrow, and I've brushed off the layer of dust on my pedometer, put in a new battery, and am ready to go. Watch out world!
I really haven't been all too good over the last week, so I've decided to set some ground rules over the next week for me to follow:
Rule 1 - I will drink at least 2L of water each day. Note to self - alcohol does not count.
Rule 2 - No chocolate. Absolutely no chocolate. Really, absolutely no chocolate. Not ever a tiny piece *starts sobbing* :cry:
Rule 3 - I will bring all food (including snacks) to work from home. I will not venture forth from the office out into the unknown, or rather known since I know exactly where to get some great junk food.
Rule 4 - No cop outs. It is up to me to do this. No-one is forcing me to eat that pizza...although the little voices in my head are egging me on...
Rule 5 - I will do a minimum of 30 mins of exercise every day. Even if it means getting up early and missing out on those blissful 30 mins of dozing in the morning...
That's it. I can do this.
[/url]
Rissa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:06 pm

loving the ground rules. sometimes we need to set ourselves up for achievement rissa :) you can do it :)

p.s. i recently got the recipe for kfc chicken so you can make your own popcorn chicken if you like? ;)
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:23 pm

Well done on setting some good goals Rissa! What's the exercise challenge at work involve?
Mandie

Postby Rissa » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:30 pm

Don't tempt me, Kate! It's better for me not to know how to make it...although...*drools*

No, must keep strong, even in the face of evil popcorn chickeny world domination! :evil:

Mandie - Well, it's not really an exercise challenge. It's the 10,000 steps a day challenge. I think there are a number of workplaces doing it. I signed up to give myself a push. Plus I think it will help because it will make me accountable to someone other than myself (and the lovelies in this forum, of couse!).
[/url]
Rissa

Postby Mandie » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:34 pm

Ah, that sounds like a great idea! Good luck :)
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:40 pm

LOL will post the recipe tomorrow :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:58 pm

Deffinately have to post the recipe Kate yummm!!

Hey Rissa, love your rules you sound very determination to stick to it this week, dont worry about the weekend blowout we all do it, tomorrow is a new day forget about the past. Goodluck with your guideline's for the week & I think it really good that your work are doing the 10,000 step thing it will really motivate you as well as the girls on this forum :D Goodluck
Chelle

Postby Rissa » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:41 pm

Evil popcorn chickeny world domination :evil: aside, I think I'll be a bit better this week. Only 2 weeks till my weight-in! And I have a feeling if I want to meet my 5 kg loss, I'll have to be unbelievably good. All I can do is try. As long as I lose something, I'll be happy.
Must remember to wear my pedometer tomorrow...
Thanks for the support, everyone.
I know tomorrow's the dreaded Monday :( , but try to have a good day, fellow CuCo's!
p.s. why do I get the feeling I'll be dreaming of popcorn chicken tonight?
[/url]
Rissa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:57 am

they should make popcorn chicken zero calories. then we could munch on it all day long. you will have a loss rissa, stick to your guidelines, and do the best that you can. no one expects more from you then the best you can give.
kate_turner2000

Postby brooke88 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:20 am

Every single one of your threads crack me up Rissa.... You always make me feel as if I should be more determined too lol. Not sure about the 5kg loss by the 11th... But I've lots 2kg since we started and am very happy with that.
brooke88

Postby Chelle » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:56 am

Rissa wrote:
p.s. why do I get the feeling I'll be dreaming of popcorn chicken tonight?

Because it's sooooo good & it's on your mind!!!
Chelle

Postby Rissa » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:47 pm

Quick update, since I have a certain someone breathing down my neck waiting for me to get off the internet. These people leaving it to the last minute to lodge their tax returns...

Stuck to my 5 rules today. Am feeling a bit happier with myself after my fiasco of a weekend.

Kate - are you telling me popcorn chicken isn't zero calories? *gasps in shock* :o I thought that it was calorie free, along with vanilla coke and chocolate ice-crea. Well, that's what dream land would be for me...
Brooke88 - You have to be so proud of youself - 2 kgs lost! That's so good. Keep it up!

Hmm, what food should I dream about tonight? I'm leaning towards salt and vinegar chips mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
[/url]
Rissa

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous