It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:38 pm

Free Newsletter

rivenriver

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

rivenriver

Postby rivenriver » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:56 pm

It's time I made one of these...

I keep putting it off, for some reason, which is odd, because often I jump at the chance. I think it might be because I haven't done so well in the past week, and I want to start when I'm doing well. Well, starting will help me do well, so I'm starting anyway. (Gee, how many times can I say 'well'?)

I made a new ticker. It wouldn't fit in my siggy with the other one, but I'll post it here.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

In summer 2009-2010, I want to go around the world with my sister and my best friend. We'll still be students, so we can get discounts, but it's far enough away that we have the chance to earn some money before then.

And my new long-term goal is to be an acceptable size for that trip.

Not only will I look and feel better, and have more stamina, but if I'm living out of a bag for 3 months, size 12 clothing takes up less space than size 20 clothing. I want to wear a bikini on the beach in Greece.

So, with this long term goal in mind, I'm going to focus on the short term ones. Cos the only way to reach the big one is to get past the small ones.

This morning, I weighed 110.8.

This time next week, I will weigh 109.8.

When I feel the need to stuff up, I will have the mental strength not to. I will remember my trip, and I will not give in. I will come here and rant and rave until I feel better.

I will focus.

I will win.

No one will beat me. Not even me. Especially not me.

-rivenriver
rivenriver

Postby Fairie » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:18 am

That's an awesome goal rivenriver, travelling around the world. What a reward for loosing weght. 8) :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Mandie » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:43 am

great goal, it will really motivate you :)

best of luck, you can do it!
Mandie

Postby rivenriver » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:32 am

Thanks guys. :)

Just adding (mostly for myself, so I remember it) I did some figuring last night.

2 years 1 month = 25 months.

50kg / 25 months = 2kg per month, or 0.5kg per week.

So if I want this, that's the rate I have to maintain. If I go faster, brilliant. But I have to loose AT LEAST 2kg per month, or I won't manage!!!
rivenriver

Postby sassi » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:59 am

great goal :)

and fab reward! good luck, you sound like you're determined!
sassi

Postby rivenriver » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:24 am

sassi wrote: you sound like you're determined!

Right now I am. The problem is just maintaining that determination when it gets harder...
rivenriver

Postby corolla_chick » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:35 am

what an exciting goal to work towards!! when the motivation drops, jump on here!! :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby rivenriver » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:30 pm

I want Pringles.

See, the canteen downstairs opened at 8 o'clock (I live at a college) and since I went in the Talent Show last week, I earned credit as a prize. Now my mind is telling me I should use that credit, since I deserve that prize.

The thought of it doesn't make me feel yucky. And I know that tonight it won't turn into a binge. I just want one of the little packets, that's all I'll eat. I'm not hungry, and I'm not craving. I'm just finding it very hard to tell myself that I don't deserve those Pringles, that even though they'll be good to eat, I'd be better off not eating them.

I'm not feeling motivated either way. I'm not desperate to do something stupid, but nor am I enthused to stick to being good. My numbers, my pretty little words, all seem to mean very little. I feel totally apathetic. I don't have the motivation of returning to a thin body, since I've never had one. I want it for my trip. I want it for that 5kg challenge. I want it for the numbers to be lower on Sunday. But I don't want it badly. I don't really care very much at all. Everything's kinda hazy. I just feel... flat, and like there's no point.

And I want those Pringles.
rivenriver

Postby Rissa » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:52 pm

I'm not too sure about what others think, but I'm of the mind that you can have a treat every now and then. As long as it's not something you repeat constantly, every day, every hour, every minute. Otherwise, if you completely cut things out, you'll binge. At least, that is what I can see myself doing.
And it doesn't mean you don't have the willpower, it just means you're being smart in realising that you can't be 100% perfect all the time. Isn't it better to have that little Pringles packet, rather than a full-size one, a block of chocolate and some ice-cream?
At the moment, I can't say that my diet is perfect. It's not as though I'm eating heaps of fruit and vegies, but I am definitely making changes where I can, and am turning it into a gradual process. If you did eat the Pringles, PLEASE don't beat yourself up about it. Sending you lots of support!
Bye! Rissa
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3irdSl/]
[/url]
First weigh-in: Sunday 11 Novemember, 2007.
Mission: to lose 5 kilos by this date.
Rissa

Postby rivenriver » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:07 pm

I haven't eaten them yet, I brushed my teeth instead, and put my retainer in. It seems to have done the trick.

I know a treat is okay every now and then. It's just that every now and then has been becoming rather frequent. Last night the same idea overtook me, and I ate a whole block of chocolate. I enjoyed it, and I suspect that today's stomach ache is related to it (though not solely).

I'm alright. Just rather flat. And I'm now attempting to struggle through some biology, which at least is distracting. If I make it past 10 o'clock, the canteen will be closed. End temptation, since I have no vending machine money.

Thanks for your post. It's made me feel better. ;)
rivenriver

Postby Mandie » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:10 pm

Aww.. you'll be okay. We all have days like that. Hang in there :)
Mandie

Postby rivenriver » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:40 am

I had a really good day today.

I just... feel good. About it all.

I ate good. I had a sandwich for lunch, and I treated myself to a Boost too. I went for a short bike ride. I spent most of the day studying (10 hours or so) - yay! I'm finally on track!

I feel sure I can repeat this tomorrow. Just take it bit by bit.
rivenriver

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:01 am

hey riven yay for a great day! im sure you can do it all over again!
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:49 am

Good stuff. It's those small successes we have that add up to big ones :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby rivenriver » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:37 pm

I had another HAPPY DAY!!! Just everything went right!!!

Hmm, maybe not everything, I wanted to go for a walk with my sister but she took too long to wake up, and I didn't actually exercise today... But still!

I had a formal dinner tonight. And not only do I look STUNNING in my cute blue dress and loads of silver jewellery and metallic make-up, but I did it almost right! I ate what was served to me, no more. :)

Then dessert came out. For my table of seven, we were give: four slices of cheesecake, four slices of mud cake, four slices of tiramasu(sp?) cake, four slices of mousse cake, a pile of cream, and a heap of berries. That's right, 16 huge slices of cake between 7. And how much did I eat? ONE! Yup, just one ordinary bit. :D

Then I went to sit with some other friends at a different table. They were grabbing the plates from other tables where people had left it uneaten and helping themselves - it was really funny. But did I have another slice with them? I DID NOT! I had a few tastes, and a lot of the berries, but I DID NOT EAT ANOTHER SLICE OF CAKE!!! Even when all my skinny friends ate until they were bursting!

So I am happy! And I wish I had a camera to take a picture of me being happy, cos seriously, I look GORGEOUS tonight!!!
rivenriver

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous