It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:01 pm

Free Newsletter

rivenriver

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:01 pm

and they said eating control was hard! pffftt :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby rivenriver » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:18 pm

About half an hour ago, I got invited to go swimming on Sunday! Woo! So now I have a big extra incentive for the rest of the week, cos every little bit counts, and I want to be not 100% embarrassed in my swimmers!

It's looking good so far - I dug out my boardshorts, and woot! They fit!
rivenriver

Postby Mandie » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:13 pm

that's a great reason! and way to go on your boardies fitting...

maybe next year you'll be in a bikini???
Mandie

Postby rivenriver » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:33 am

Maybe!!! omg how cool would that be???????
rivenriver

Postby KarinAnn » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:36 am

What a great incentive to keep you motivated for the rest of the week! Hope you have a fantastic time.

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby corolla_chick » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:55 am

ugh. that dreaded time of the year when its time to start swimming again!! hehe. have fun!!
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby Chelle » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:07 pm

Have fun on the weekend, I hope the weather is beautifull & hot for you.
Chelle

Postby rivenriver » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:31 am

Yeah, I really need to go back and read my happy posts from the last couple of days...

*sigh*

Warning: Long and boring. Also some language.

My Bad Sucky Stupid Day.

Most things revolve around my drama exam that I had today. Which wasn't an exam in the traditional sense but a marked group performance, worth the small, insignificant amount of fifty percent. So yeah, stress.

Well, it kinda started last night. I'm sick. And I've known that for a couple of days, and so I tried to get tablets for it last night. I went to the chemist and asked for something to stop my nose running. The guy said Sudafed PE. I bought it. I took one. Nothing happened. I rang my mum (who is a pharmacist) and she sighed over how silly the man was, since the PE formula is more or less useless, and I should have just bought the Chemist's Own brand cold and flu tabs. But it was too late by then. My sister had one dose on her, so I pinched them while I was at her place. Oh, and I over ate while I was there, cos I felt so crappy and didn't want to go home.

So. This morning. Woke up. Still sick. Still need a pile of tissues. That's gonna be a good look in Antigone, hey? Did the ancient greeks have tissues? What about half way through my speech, "Oh think Antigone, we are women, it s not for us to AAAAAHHHHHCHHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Good look, no? Top marks perhaps?

I hate being sick.

Went to bathroom. Period. Oh joy. Just in time.

Showered. One good thing, someone else was there so at least I was able to get hot water (our showers are stupid, if you're the only one in there (most of the time) the water is freezing).

Took tablets. Got dressed. Theatre blacks. Frizzy hair. Oh joy. Thongs rubbing on sore foot. Ouch.

Breakfast. Raspberries. Natural yoghurt. Weetbix. Yum! Sat down to eat. WTF??? One of the kitchen staff got mixed up, that was sour cream, not yoghurt. Eew. Stood up. Spilt it all over me. My blacks were not quite black any more... Yuk.

Other member of performance group stops by. What time are we going to the theatre? 9, like we arranged. But we're doing makeup first. Really? Can't we do it while we're there? I wanted to scream at her, NO! WE WILL NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME, IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said, fine, whatever you reckon.

Went back to room. Burst into tears that had been threatening since I covered myself with my breakfast. Nearly threw up. No! Got to keep my tablets down! Looked at clock. 8:40. S***.

Cleaned up face. Did makeup. Prayed to the flying spaghetti monster that my eyes had cleared up and would not water all over my eye liner. (I've been having problems with my eyes the past few days.)

Left room. Half way down stairs. Whoops! Forgot phone! What if someone needs to call me??? Left room. Half way down stairs. Whoops! Forgot COSTUMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not big and important, at all really. D'ya think I might have gotten away without them?

Waited in courtyard for other group member. Called other group member. Other group member has already left. Great. Leave. Half way to Forestry building. Whoops!!! Forgot scissors! Really need scissors! Go back. Now running very late. Decide to ride bike rather than walk (it's faster). Yes, in a skirt.

Arrive at theatre. Not too late. Begin to get ready. Do hair and makeup of group members. Messy and bad, but don't have time to fix it. Already sweating like gross. Sweating off my makeup. Legs rubbing together - ugh. Look in mirrors. God, I'm FAT. It's even worse since I'm dressed the same as another girl in my group, who is gorgeous.

Ran lines. Stuffed up. And again. And again. Didn't get lines right in 5 run throughs.

Tablets clearly not holding up. Nose running. S***.

On third. Watched boring Hamlet by stupid best-in-class people. Watched creepy Lysistrata by creepy *****. Nose running.

Ran to dressing room to blow nose. Came back to find group stalling for time. Sorry guys!!!

Performed. Did okay.

Went to get hot chocolate after show. Went to different cafe than normal. Expensive. Paid $4.50 for a hot chocolate. Forgot to ask for skim. Spilled it walking to table. Tasted weak. Wasn't very nice.

Went home. Lunch time. Don't feel like eating. Ate anyway. Got spaghetti. Eew. Didn't want it. Ate it. Got bread with peanut butter. Ate it. Invited friends to theatre tomorrow night. Have cheap tickets. "Sorry, I've got so much work!" Five minutes later, same friends begin making plans for end of term movie night tomorrow night. Too much work, huh?

Went upstairs. Lay down. Felt like crap. Needed to work on essay. Fell asleep. Slept for 1.5 hours. Felt a bit better. Worked on essay. Hungry. Not hungry, but want food. Don't want food, but want to eat. Don't want to eat, but... oh, who knows. Went to vending machine. Got chocolate. Tasted awful. Ate it all.

Got ready for class. Stupid 5pm class, at least this is the last one. Emptied bag onto bed. Stupid idea, crap all over my bed. Collected friend. Went to class. Was unnecessarily vocal. Agreed to attend extra class tomorrow. Don't want to, have other commitments.

Went home. Dinner. Don't feel like eating. Got curry. Didn't want potato. Didn't want veggies. No rice - had to wait. 2 people already waiting. Rice finally arrives. Other two people caught in "you first" "no you first" dispute. Sick of waiting. Pushed in.

Ate food. Wanted dessert. Well, I already ate chocolate today. I already screwed up. Got dessert. Some kind of apple cake. Tasted gross. Ate most of it. Full. Still wanted food. Got toast.

Went upstairs. Worked on essay. Collected things for theatre tonight. Looked awful. Eyes run. Fixed eyes.

Went outside to bike. Raining. Great. Went back upstairs to get raincoat. Road to theatre. Got mud on my clothes. No undercover area for bike. Left it in rain.

Went in. Bought ticket. Only one by myself. Saw someone I knew. Got ignored.

Sat in theatre. Got kicked in back of chair. Several times. Smelly guy sat next to me. Show was good. Cheered for friend.

Went home. Missed first half of Chaser. Got bad seat in commonroom. Someone tried to change channel before Summer Heights High. Joined in abuse.

Went upstairs. Bled through pad. Eew. Shower - cold. Nearly asleep but need to work on essay. My room is hot. Open window.

People enter beer garden, outside my window. Proceed to drink. Proceed to talk very loudly. Announce that "It's only 10:30, if anyone is asleep, they shouldn't be." I want to yell at them "YEAH? Well I'm sick, and it's exam time, and I'm trying to work!!!" Realise that the person who announced this was the SR on duty, who is supposed to deal with things like that. Attempt to ignore them.

Don't work on essay. Come onto internet instead to b**** pointlessly about crappy day. Pissed at self. Pissed at world. Tired. Still sick. Still stressing. Procrastinating, not working.

Ate too much. Feel sick(er).

Won't be able to sleep cos stupid city never gets dark.

Want to sleep. Ought to work. Undecided yet.

*sigh*

I hate today.

*sigh*
rivenriver

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:15 am

hey riven firstly i just edited the section where you had written about the dirty so and so's LOL i just censored the word that you had written :)

it sounds like you had a shocker of a day. and it sounds like you have that dreaded flu thing i have got at the moment. it is sooo hard to get through the day when you arent well at all. i hope you have a better day today, try and rest when you can, if you are studying or something in your room, allocate times where you can just lay down for half an hour. every bit of rest will help.

hope you feel better soon.
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:39 am

Oh Marti.. *hugs*

That's a TERRIBLE day... but it's over now. Put it behind you, and make today a MUCH better day.. :)

I have the stupid cold too.. it denied me my right for birthday censored (got a headache and fell asleep early last night).. NOT HAPPY JAN!

Chin up dude :)
Mandie

Postby tanya » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:55 am

hope you feel better soon Rivenriver
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby rivenriver » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:09 pm

Thanks heaps guys.

I didn't expect anyone to read it. It was ridiculously long. Just needed to get it off my chest, y'know? Thanks for reading it though. It makes me feel better.

Today is a little better - a bit less sick, a bit less stressed, so better able to cope with little bad things. Also not nearly as many little bad things.

Oh, and Kate - sorry about the bad word. I did read over it before I posted and ***ed out the bad words, I guess I just missed that one. Still, the s word is totally appropriate. I mean, they were dressed in lacy black underwear and bed sheets! And they touched each other in very sexual ways the whole time! It was creepy! Oh well, you get that...
rivenriver

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:17 pm

LOL i definately got the picture when i read about your day yesterday. maybe they got marked down for their group performance due to their costumes hehe :lol: glad you are feeling a bit better today. have a relaxing weekend :)
kate_turner2000

Postby rivenriver » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:13 pm

Why is the world so against me on this???

I got all motivated, am going to do awesome today, went downstairs to lunch, and what's on the menu?

FISH AND CHIPS!!!

I don't want fish and chips, but it's one of my all time favourite foods, and when they start serving it up to you, it's soooooo hard to tell them no, I'll just have a plate and make a salad sandwich. And then when you go and sit down with your friends, and they're all enjoying it, and they get a big plate of chips to put in the middle for everyone to share, you really have to yell at yourself, you don't want this!!!

Well, I managed it today, I had a salad sandwich and a chocolate milk.

But oh, it's so hard!!! Why, just when I get myself going, does the world (aka the kitchen staff) conspire against me and give me all my favourite foods???

I'm off for a bike ride...
rivenriver

Postby Mandie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:17 pm

Well done Marti for refusing!!!!!

I know what you mean though - it's SO hard when everyone else is having it and it's right there in front of you! Like someone trying to quit cigarettes, it's so hard if everyone around you is smoking!

You gotta take yourself out the environment.. so good on you for having your salad and getting out of there for a bike ride! :)
Mandie

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous