rivenriver

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:50 pm

ditt to what mandie said :)

id have eaten the chips LOL
kate_turner2000

Postby Rissa » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:09 pm

That's some freaky willpower you got working for you! I'm a complete potato chip addict - you wouldn't be able to keep them away from me. It just shows how dedicated you are, and what you can do to achieve your goal. I'll be trying to do that this weekend. Maybe just one glass of wine...
Well done!
Rissa
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3irdSl/]
[/url]
First weigh-in: Sunday 11 Novemember, 2007.
Mission: to lose 5 kilos by this date.
Rissa

Postby rivenriver » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:05 pm

That bike ride was SUCH a bad idea... ugh.

It started to rain, not heavy just a few annoying flecks. So the heat and the moisture made the flies crazy. Then I tried to go the whole way round the lake, rather than crossing at Kings Avenue like normal, but now I think the bike path doesn't go that way, cos I ended up in Fyshwick and I got lost. So I turned around again, got half way home, then realised that noise was actually because I had a flat tire. If I'd ridden home, I think I'd have damaged it, so I had to walk the 5km, and it took forever!!! Plus going slower the flies were worse, and I was only wearing thin thongs on my feet and part of the way is unsealed so I got rocks all through my feet and now they hurt.

*sigh* Like I said before, the world is conspiring against me...
rivenriver

Postby Mandie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:19 pm

But on the bright side... what a work out!! :)
Mandie

Postby Chelle » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:13 pm

Everyone on this forum seems to be sick atm I hope you feel better soon. Your going so well passing up fish & chips I would of eaten the chips but not the fish I cant eat it. Bike tyes can be a pain if you get aflat but on the bright side you probly would of burnt more calories walking & pushing your bike but on the bad side your feet hurt.
Chelle

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:21 pm

Oh Huggles to u matey , U are having a time of it , Just think tomorrow is a new day and things will get better .. Well done for not having the chips i would have stolen the plate and ran lol
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby rivenriver » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:17 pm

I went back up. *sigh* And I was going to do sooooo well last week!

And then sunday night I "needed" study food, and ate a packet of m&m's and a 100g block of cadbury snack. It was amazingly delicious, but not a good idea.

Plus I've got no time to exercise this week. Damn essays!!!

Oh well. I'll get there eventually, I guess... *sigh*
rivenriver

Postby Mandie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:10 am

Hey Marti - chin up - you CAN do this!

I have a week of study this week before my exam Monday. You CAN fit some exercise in. Remember, it doesn't have to be an hour to be worthwhile! 10 minutes a day is better than nothing.. when you need inspiration for your essay, drop to the floor and do some sit ups/push ups or something.. or dance to a song on your stereo, or jog on the spot! If you can do 3 x 10 minute spots a day, you'll feel great, have more focus and concentration on studying, be less likely to snack AND you got your exercise in :)

Good luck! :)
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:34 am

ditto to mandie, you can do this just keep striving for your goals :)
kate_turner2000

Postby corolla_chick » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:48 am

good luck with your study. dont forget to have little breaks so your brain doesnt melt!! :shock: :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby Chelle » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:54 am

Mandie has some really good idea's there especially when she knows what yu are going through. Good luck with your study's.
Chelle

Postby rivenriver » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:25 am

Mandie wrote:Hey Marti - chin up - you CAN do this!

I have a week of study this week before my exam Monday. You CAN fit some exercise in. Remember, it doesn't have to be an hour to be worthwhile! 10 minutes a day is better than nothing.. when you need inspiration for your essay, drop to the floor and do some sit ups/push ups or something.. or dance to a song on your stereo, or jog on the spot! If you can do 3 x 10 minute spots a day, you'll feel great, have more focus and concentration on studying, be less likely to snack AND you got your exercise in :)

Good luck! :)

I LIKE that idea!!!

Where I am atm, in a group study room, maybe not so appropriate... Nor in the library... ;) But that makes me want to go back to my distraction-full room to study! (says the girl surfing the net rather than getting on with the draft she's trying to nut out...)

I'm gonna try that today. :)

Good luck with your exam too Mandie!!!

And thanks everyone else for the replies too!!
rivenriver

Postby Mandie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:46 am

LOL good luck Marti - yeah, doing it in public is a bad idea, although if you are in the group study area maybe you could steal a friend for a 10 minute walk to clear your heads or something?

Good luck!

Am about to go hit the books myself :) Silly distractionable computer!
Mandie

Postby rivenriver » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:38 pm

Well, I got through those essays. I had about 5 hours sleep in 60 hours, but I'm good now. :)

And guess what?

I'M GOING HOME ON THE WEEKEND!!!!!

Yay!!!

But that's got me thinking.... I was just reading some other threads about people noticing weightloss... The last couple of times I've seen my mum, she's looked at me like she wants to say something (positive, I mean, "have you lost weight, you look good, etcetc") but has stopped herself, which I really appreciate, cos it's meant I haven't had to say "yes, I've decided to actually try and loose weight at the moment", aka, admit that I have a problem and am trying to fix it, admit that I'm not perfect, not doing the right thing, and all that. But just now I started wondering why...

Two possibilities... One is that she knows how I feel about body compliments - I can't stand it when the first thing someone says to you (or anyone) when they haven't seen them for a while is "you look good! Have you lost weight?" expecting it to be a compliment. I mean, seriously, is the world THAT hung up, that all we care about is whether a person weighs less than they have since we last saw them, not all the other things they've done in those weeks/months? It really, really pisses me off. And my mum DOES know I feel that way. So hopefully that's why she hasn't said anything.

But the other thought that occured to me... what if my mum is a member of this site, and has read my posts, and worked out that it's me? I love her so so so much, but in some of these posts I haven't been 100% kind to her, let everyone know I stress about her noticing I've lost weight, etc etc. What if the reason she hasn't said anything is cos she's seen those posts??? I don't want that!!! Nu-uh!!! Hopefully lack of sleep is just making me paranoid. I haven't seen anyone post details that coulds belong to my mum, and as far as I know, she's not on a weightloss kick atm... *sigh*

Now I feel really rubbishy...
rivenriver

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:53 pm

Oh Marti.. I'm sure your mum loves you and she doesn't want to offend you, and that's why she won't mention your weight.

If she was a member of the forum, she would see what a wonderful member you are, and how awesome and supportive you are to everybody, how hard you're working at your studies and at being healthy, and she would be REALLY proud of you.

Chin up! :)
Mandie

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous