It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:55 am

Free Newsletter

rivenriver

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:16 pm

*yells out* oi Marti's mum!! you should be proud of ya daughter!!
kate_turner2000

Postby rivenriver » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:03 am

*smiles* I know she is. Which is why I HATE the idea of her seeing some of the posts I've made here... *sigh*
rivenriver

Postby rivenriver » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:24 pm

I had a strange thing happen last night.

I looked in the mirror, and I think, I'm pretty sure, that maybe, just maybe, I might be a bit smaller.

It's not definite. It's just a hunch.

But then I realised that I haven't had a muffin top over my jeans in ages...
rivenriver

Postby matchbox » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:45 pm

DUDE... that is freaking awesome!!!

congrats chikki, you're doing so well :D sorry i don't post in your thread much, i do read it though to see how you're going, and you're doing so well :) keep up the good work, and congrats again!! :D
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:10 pm

yay!! :) That's awesome Marti :)
Mandie

Postby Chelle » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:51 pm

That's unreal Marti, you must be so happy & to see the changes aswell is such an self - accomplishment.
Chelle

Postby milkyway » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:08 pm

Great stuff Marti. What a great feeling :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby rivenriver » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:10 am

Okay, I kinda disappeared there for a short while... And so did everything else... But I'm back now. :)

First I just wanna write some stuff down. It's gonna be long - don't read it if you don't wanna, I just feel the need to write stuff. Of course, if you wanna read or skim, go ahead! ;)

So. Going back 2 weeks ago...

I skipped my weigh in, cos I decided I couldn't have lost any weight. I forget now why I made that decision, but I suspect it had a lot to do with exams, stress, cheap chocolate, cheap food, and all those lovely things. So I "forgot" Sunday morning before breakfast, and clearly couldn't do it afterwards anyway. Oh, also my bike broke, so I couldn't go for rides. Not that I really had time with all my study, but that was part of it.

So that Monday my exams finally started and by Tuesday midday, they were all over. That was good. My friend came up to visit, and we went shopping (she needed a formal dress - I love shopping with her cos she's a 6-8, so it's like having a life-size Barbie doll and I can find her all sorts of pretty bargains). Also we needed to celebrate - ice creams all round.

The next day was my birthday party, which I'd agreed to have as brunch at The Pancake Parlour. Yeah, maybe not the best idea, but since I don't drink and 2 of my friends are under age, I didn't really want to go clubbing, and due to everyone elses exams, no one wanted to do anything late. Plus no one else had done brunch - it was different, and nice. And pancake-ie. *sigh*

Then there was a couple of other days which involved not much. De-stress, calm down, avoid outside where it was starting to get HOT. Visit my sister and de-stress with chips. Make half-hearted attempts and packing my stuff, since I had to move out of college on the weekend. Half I didn't feel like doing the internet thing, half I knew I wasn't doing well and eating and didn't want to come here and face up to it. Didn't visit, neway.

Then on Saturday, I turned TWENTY. Big number. Not a teenager. Big.

REALLY crappy birthday. Went down to breakfast, saw 5 of my good friends, all of them forgot until someone else walked in and said Happy Birthday. No presents first thing, and although that sounds really shallow, I realised this is the first birthday I haven't had presents on the day in the morning. Nothing from my mum. That made me sad. I held off tears - didn't want my first thing as a 20 year old to be to cry, doesn't bode well for the decade ahead. I went back to my room, and it was HOT already, and it looked ugly since I'd had to take down some of my posters. Then my sister rang, and for some reason I burst into tears, which I don't think was what she expected at all. Also I decided ages ago I was gonna try and be under 100kg for my birthday, but I failed that. My sister told me she was coming over.

She gave me a present - the only one I got on my actual birthday, which is a new thing for me. Then we spent the rest of the day in my hot ugly little room packing all my stuff, since college was booting me out at 10am the next day. It took until 5pm. It sucked, BIG time. We had dinner at college, then went into the city to get birthday cake. The one my sister got was nicer, but they put a candle in the top for me. But you know - cake. It's good, but it also makes you feel not so good. I wanted to go for a walk, but my sister was chaffing so we didn't. Then I went home. To my now very ugly room with piles of crap everywhere.

Next morning was also HOT, and I thought we weren't getting breakfast (turns out I was just too early). Got my stuff packed, but it took my a hour to get my hands on a working vacuum cleaner. I was in tears (again) by the end of that - I just wanted to go home. Fitting everything in the car was hard though! But I went home.

Crappy birthday ended on Tuesday when I made myself a birthday cake. I didn't get a proper one on Saturday, so I made one. Well, I picked a bad recipe, and stuffed up part of it, and it fell apart. Still edible, just ugly and not as tasty as I wanted. After dinner I decided it was cake time and told my sister. I went and asked Mum and Dad if they wanted a bit of cake (I had mentioned to both earlier that it was birthday cake). Dad just said no, mum said yes but made no move to get up, I asked her if she wanted me to bring it to her and she said yes please. Well, I still wanted candles, so I had candles. A few random ones, neway. Then I lit them. Then I blew them out. Then I put them away, and served up the cake. Then my sister (in true younger sister style) got annoyed that I had a bigger bit than she did. So I ate my not-very-nice birthday cake by my self, all alone.

Oh, and no one sung happy birthday. I sang it to me when the clock struck 12. That was it.

Well, that was that, anyway. I guess everyone gets some bad birthdays. That was mine. Can't do anything about it now.

Now I'm at home. The problem is, at college I could only eat at meal times, cos that was when I was in the dining hall. Here, food is always there and always seems like a good idea. I'm going to have to think hard about how to get around that now, cos I feel like I've been eating nearly non-stop since I got home.

I'm looking for a job now. The cafe's are the most likely to hire me. I don't think that's such a good idea.

On a more positive note, I went shopping with mum on Wednesday. I got a pretty new top from Autograph in a size Small. Of course, it's a plus size small, but it's still a small, a 16-18 rather than a 20-22. :)

Today mum and me went to the tip, and on the way back we talked about clothes a bit. I was wearing said new top, and I said I liked the way it fitted, cos I think I bought some other tops too big. Then I drew a deep breath and mentioned that I have been attempting to loose weight recently, that I'd bought a set of scales and have lost about 8kg so far. (If you've read some of my other posts, you'll know this is something I've been dreading, because it feels like admitting fault.) I kept it really light, like I don't really care (which is a bit true right now really). She said wow, congrats. She also said she thought I had lost weight, but she didn't want to say anything cos she knows I hate it. I reaffirmed that hate, and thanked her. Then we talked about something else.

But at least I did it. It's over.

And that is me for the past 2 weeks. I've eaten to much. I've gotta work out how not to now. I've getting back on the wagon, or at the very least picking myself out of the dirt and starting to chase it.

I'll weigh myself again soon, maybe Monday. At the moment my scales are kinda buried on my bedroom floor under all the stuff I haven't put away yet. I'll find them eventually.

I've also got a pile of DVD's to watch. I'm going to pinch mum's treadmill like I do sometimes and try and walk my way through them, starting with the Lord of the Rings Extended, then moving on to Scrubs I think. I'll see just how much tv I can walk through.

Over and out for now.

Marti
rivenriver

Postby help6363 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:32 am

Welcome back and happy birthday! :D

Sorry to hear you had such a bad day on your birthday......BIG HUGS!

Well done on getting the small sized top.......I know how great that feels! :D

I hope you went well in your exams!

I look forward to reading about your successful weight loss in the near future! :D
help6363

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:04 pm

Welcome back girl :) Sorry to hear your birthday was so gross :( :( Did your mum say why she didn't even get you a present!?!? I'd be upset at that too :( :( Sounds like it was just a bad day all round, I hope your 21st is much, much better!!!

Good luck for starting over, and well done for coming back and admitting your mistakes :) It is hard when you're at home and constantly surrounded by food, but I know you can do this :) Hang in there!

Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:31 pm

WOW ! I was reading your post and could clearly relate to it. I am sorry you had a bad birthday and that you had a rough run. With that said, I am certain and have confidence in you that you will pull through this and be exercising and losing weight again.

Leave those last two weeks behind you and concentrate on you, by the sounds of it, you truly deserve it :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby rivenriver » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:50 pm

Thanks heaps guys. :) I'm surprised you read it, it was even longer than I thought!

zeedeveelgirl, nah, she did get me a present, it's just that I was away from home so there was nothing. When I got home, she gave me a dress she'd made for me and said we'd go shopping cos she couldn't think what to get me. :) All good!

On a different note: Results seem to have come out early. And I did pretty well! An HD and 3 D's, so overall this year I got 3 HD's and 5 D's. I reckon that's pretty good! :)

Also today I didn't eat morning tea or afternoon tea. I grabbed a cracker earlier, but only one snack all day so far. :)
rivenriver

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:02 pm

Ahhh okay gotcha :D

Well done on your grades, that's fantastic!! What are you studying again?? How far are you into your degree??

Well done on only having the 1 snack :D :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Mandie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:45 pm

Welcome back Marti, I wondered where you'd got to!

That's great that you told your mum and she's supportive :) See, told ya she would be! :)

Sucks that your birthday wasn't fun. My 22nd, I was in Ireland by myself. I was seeing a guy over there but I was in Dublin and he lived/worked in a different county (Carlow) so he was at home (it was a Tuesday). My housemates forgot it was my birthday, no-one at work remembered, and it just sucked!

I ended up buying a cake at the supermarket and sang to myself too.. *sigh*

Don't worry, next year will be awesome :D

WAY TO GO on your grades!!! That's FANTASTIC :D

Umm yeah. I'm at work, I can't write long, but I'm glad you're back !
Mandie

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:18 pm

I think we've all had at least one crappy birthday! Mine was my 17th, when my sister split up with her fiance and moved back into home on my birthday... That was a great one!! :roll: :roll:
zeedeveelgirl

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous