It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:20 am

Free Newsletter

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby opal630 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:55 pm

Wow :shock: , congrats on those scores. They are superb.

Sorry you had a bad birthday. I bet everyone was just making sure you had a not so good birthday this year so they could really surprise you next year for your 21st.
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)

Postby rivenriver » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:04 pm

Awww thanks everyone! There's one thing that always makes me smile, and that's coming on here and seeing people's comments! Everyone is so cool, you all make me so happy! Thankyou!!!

zee: (can I use that for a nickname for you? ;)) Thanks heaps! I'm studying arts/science, and I just finished my first year. It was tough, but I'm really loving it. :) Your 17th sounds really rubbish though - glad that didn't happen to me!

Mandie: Thankyou! That birthday sounds very not nice too. :( Especially since you were soooo far from home!

opal: :D Thanks! I would have really liked another HD so I could equal my semester 1 scores, but I'm still very happy with what I got. And yeah, 21 next year! That's a big one!

Right, I am making a new resolution. From today on, I am posting in this thread at least once a day, assuming I am near a computer. I am writing down my eating habits and any exercise I manage to do, and anything else I feel like mentioning. I'm sorta hoping that because I've got to write it down, I might be more inspired to make what I write down good. I hope so, anyway.

I've also gotta remember to do a weigh in soon - I forgot this morning too. Gotta be prepared for the up, and do my best to get it back in the 2 digit direction as soon as possible.

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:55 pm

Feel free to call me Zee :P :P Awesome to hear that you're loving your course :D :D I'm off to Uni next year (fingers crossed I get in!!!) and I'm sooo excited!
Ah yeah, not every birthday can be a great one, so by rights your 21st should be fantastic :D :D

Great resolution! Writing everything down is really good, it helps to keep you on track and when you look back over it you can see where you go wrong, what triggers you to eat badly etc etc :)
Looking forward to seeing your weigh in results :D

Em (aka Zee :P)

Postby rivenriver » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:10 am

Ok, so I did the weigh in this morning. 109.6, which is +1.4. Not terrible. I was worried I'd be back above 110, but I'm still past that hurdle.

Yesterday food was... hmm, ok. I didn't eat very healthily, eg there was some pastry in the fridge that needed eating, so I made us little quiches (no cream though), but I also didn't eat tooooo much. I reckon I only ate slightly more or even the same amount as I do at uni. I did snack though, I had cereal in the afternoon. That's something I've really gotta work on, cos I adore breakfast cereal at any time of day. I didn't exercise. I was gonna watch tv with the treadmill, but my sister wanted to watch too, and that room really only works for one, since there are no decent chairs.

I'm starting to realize how much I rely on food normally. At uni, I don't have that problem, since I don't keep food in my room and can only eat at certain times of day when the dining hall is open. But here, with the pantry and fridge just sitting there, it's so easy to be bored and get some food. Like yesterday, when I ate the cereal, I was thinking, I'm not hungry, and I really don't feel I need it. But I made it anyway, and ate it (and enjoyed it), even though there was no reason why I wanted it.

Today I am going to town (job hunting again...), and I want to go swimming. I haven't been in ages, and it'd be good to do some laps. Problem is it's overcast so far. I dunno how warm it is. So there's another mental hurdle to jump - will I go anyway, or will I hide cos the weather isn't that nice?

Hey Zee (:) I like that name for you!), where are you gonna go to uni? Which course? If you have the opportunity to live on campus, do it. It's the most fun social experience ever. :)

Postby Mandie » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:00 am

Marti - sounds like you have a similar problem to me at home! I eat because I'm bored, because it's there, because it's what I've always done.

I actually eat a lot less at Joel's house because
a) there's less food kept in the house
b) it's just not my routine to sit and eat here!

I think distraction is key - if you're off having a swim or a walk, you can't be eating! Or if you're out shopping, or whatever.

My latest favourite is singing - I spend an hour or two playing Singstar (karaoke game on the playstation) and that is awesome fun - and that's time that I can't eat!

You'll get there :)

Good luck with the job hunting!

Postby rivenriver » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:09 pm

Wooh - couple of things to report! ;)

Went down the coast, hence no posts for a few days. Some exercise (beach anyone? :)) and much not good eating (fish and chips!!!). So... eh.

I got a job though!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went into a cafe and said do you need anyone to work, they said how's tonight?!? That was Tuesday, and I've only done that shift so far, I might get some more next week. I hope. :)

And I made a WeetBix Challenge - I'm going to eat only weetbix for breakfast for a week. I did today, lets see how I go tomorrow. I haven't been eating very good breakfasts lately, so I'm trying to make them better.

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous