It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:05 pm

Free Newsletter

Sick of being fat :-(

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Sick of being fat :-(

Postby trinalorii » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:25 pm

Hi everyone...i have tried just about everything to lose weight, and i have little wins but the weight always seems to creep back on. Im sick of feeling crappy all the time, sick of not wanting to be intimate with my husband; sick of thinking that the kids are embrasssed of me; and way over my double chin. I stumbled across this site, and im hoping it will give me the support i need to reach my goal :-)

Postby milkyway » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:43 pm

Hullo trinalorii and welcome to our wonderful site - it's a great place for support, encouragement and advice.

Try to think of this as a whole new healthy approach to life (ie not going on a diet). Start with some small goals (such as switching to diet soft drinks for a week and upping the water intake and a daily min walk) rather than making dramatic sudden changes. The small steps and small goals will help you create new habits you can stick with for the rest of your life.

Hopefully your family will get behind you and support you all the way as you'll be an even greater mum when you're fitter, healthier and more confident.

You can do this!

I look forward to hearing about your progress. Just sing out if you need anything :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby tanya » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:44 pm

Good luck with your journey. You will love it here everyone is so supportive. and totally understand what you mean about over being fat lol.

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!

Postby trinalorii » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:25 pm

Thanks guys..i just back from my walk, i try and go everyday pushing my 2 year on his trike.... i dont drink enough water and really shoud :-) I also suffer from PCOS which really doesnt help the weight loss either, but im determined to do it

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:12 pm

hey trina welcome to the group
my name is kate and my starting weight was 91kg as well. i also have pcos and i am currently back on medication for it. earlier this year i lost 21kg so it is possible for us pcos sufferers. lets not let it get in the way of us being happy and being able to lose weight and have a family. :)

Postby Tummygirl » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:13 pm

Hey Trina

Welcome to the forum. Im hoping with all the support on the forum that you can over come feeling fat all the time. We have all been there at some point and its not a nice feeling but i think its a wake up call.

When we think there is no way ya just have to sit down and work out what you want from it. To me its not to fit into a size 12 jeans. But to be able to run up a hill and not have to stop half way. Not having to stuff myself with food then feel guilty.

I hope that you can learn form all of us here and we can learn from you! While it might not be something thatr happens over night it does happen and my when you get to the top of that hill you can scream I did it for me!!!! :lol:

Enjoy the forum cant wait to see how your doing!!!
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG

Postby Mandie » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:03 pm

welcome aboard trina :) best of luck

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:13 am

Hi trinalorii and welcome to the forum! The girls have given some great advice! Just start wih small changes and build them up - a little more exercise, a few small changes in diet - and before you know it you will be living a healthier life!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Chelle » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:50 pm

Welcome to the forum Trinalorii :D losing weight can be difficult at times but you just have to keep going with it & watch what you eat, drink lots of water & exercise is the key. Keep staying on the forum & will keep you motivated Goodluck

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:18 pm

welcome and goodluck. Plan ahead with your eating and exercise and u will do great.

Postby chubba momma » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:00 pm

Just checking in to see how you are doing in your journey, remmeber we are all here to support you :D
chubba momma

Postby Julia » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:48 pm

Hey this website looks great- everone's so nice.
I'm staring kate morgan tomorrow. I'm sick of putting off life. I keep thinking- I'll do that when I'm skinnier or 'when I'm skinnier...'
I want to enjoy summer and clothes shopping.. so here it goes! :D

Current Weight- 92kg
Goal Weight-65kg

That's only...27kg. :P But I've got to stop wishing it will happen magically and just do it for myself. Wish me luck.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:53 pm

best wishes julia :) it wont happen over night but it will happen :)

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous