It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:09 pm

Free Newsletter

Golden's progress

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby loveat116 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:10 pm

Hey Mads, going Vegetarian isn't always the best idea (unless you are into animal rights and all)

Maybe switch from the fatty meats (pork, salmon, steak) and switch to lean low fat meats like tuna and skinless chicken breast. There is no reason to give up meat at all, the protein is really good for you! But if you are going to go vegetarian there are sooo many alternatives to meat, tofu sushi is soooo good I had a handroll today!

And I dunno why that book says no dairy (you need it!) so if your going to cut out dairy defitantly take a calcium supplement! They're pretty cheap from the chemist, its called Caltrate.

And also, what is wrong with hand rolls? I had one for lunch today, and they really dont have many calories in them, I thought I was making a good choice lol :?

ALSO... sorry but I have a few things to say. The milo thing...
What you could do is have 2 tsp milo, fill it up with hot water and add a little bit of milk. It makes it sooo much better for you.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby golden » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:44 pm

Hehe Ella I've only eaten fish for a while (no other meat), I'm practically vegetarian already! Giving up salmon and tuna won't be too hard.

Dairy... well what they say is that humans are the only species who drink milk when they are adults. Milk is to nuture a mother's offspring, and we are also the only species who drink another species milk meant for their babies (I mean how weird does it sound . Cows milk has many nutrients, but most are taken out during pasturisation anyway so we are receiving nothing really, plus there are all sorts of added fertilisers and chemicals in the milk from the supermarket. Also milk is bad because it means there is a lot of mucus in your throat. That is why many singers don't have dairy, and same for asthmatics (I get asthma sometimes). Studies have shown pasturised milk actually depletes calcium from your body, and does nothing to prevent oesteoperosis.

As for the handrolls thing... it was a more a personal thing. I was trying not to eat sushi for a while, but it was the quickest and healtiest thing I saw today on my lunch break.

Thanks for the concern though babe :-) *hugs* hope you're doing well xoxo
My weight- 58kgs :-) (BMI- 21.9)

Inner confidence- It's all in the eyes... the window to the soul
golden

Postby electrongirl » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:54 pm

thats what I have been saying about milk for years!!!

glad someone else agrees with me!

Doesn't stop me having it though... hehehehe
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby loveat116 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:13 pm

Im actually not even allowed to have milk and I still drink it!

Up & Go's are sooooo yummy.

Just make sure you get your calcium mads, your at a point in your life when you really really need it.

loveat116

Postby golden » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:34 pm

Haha today was a real ego boost. I wore an outfit I'm 100% comfortable in (black skinnies with scrunched cuff, white long tank and pink/white adidas hi-top sneakers) and got honked by guys in cars 3 times and 2 guys were like "what's up" LOL but usually I only get honked once... :lol: :oops: sad that I care, eh? I haven't been single for 5 years now, so I sometimes I miss the extra attention I got when I was single.

Today I went shopping and to brunch with 2 girlfriends. I bought a sexy top I can wear halter-neck or strapless tied in a bow at the front.

December 4, 2007

Breakfast-- banana, bottle of yakult

Brunch-- Sumo Salad pita wrap with lettuce and falafel, bottle of mango iced tea

Afternoon tea-- 1 tobiko roll, small skinny soy chai latte (didn't know you could get skinny soy!!! Had a good chat with the cute barista too, he told us that the chai at Gloria Jeans is made from leaves, not powder or syrup)

Going out tonight with the boy, hope he likes the top! ;)

golden

Postby Sas » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:04 pm

Sounds like you had a great day. Have fun tonight! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby golden » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:52 am

The top went down VERY well with the man ;)

We ended up getting chinese for dinner, they do some vegetarian dishes, and he had his meat LOL.

Just taking it easy today, it might be a good day to do a fruit detox actually.

Have a great day all xoxo

golden

Postby golden » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:30 am

December 5, 2007

Breakfast-- banana, orange, water

Morning tea-- bowl of cherries and green seedless grapes, water

golden

Postby golden » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:55 pm

Lunch-- avocado, alfalfa sprouts & black olive salad, water

golden

Postby golden » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:16 pm

This is interesting. This lady just appeared on the Tyra Banks Show along with some devotees (most of which had lost around 50kgs). She runs Remnant faith-based weight loss.

Link- http://www.wdworkshop.com/

I have decided to go vegan... not like hardcore checking back of packs for eggs and cheese, but I will not deliberately set out to eat dairy, and all milk will be skinny soy (sooo much better than regular soy).

Afternoon tea-- bowl of seedless grapes, some kalimata olives

golden

Postby loveat116 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:01 pm

How come you decided to go vegan mads?

You must be feeling so good after all those fruits and vegies!

loveat116

Postby golden » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:18 pm

Hey ella,

Well I'm on of those people who prefer to have rules about eating, to be on some sort of a plan. But packets and ingredients and even kjs are wayy too deceptive, and I don't want to turn into an over-analyzer. I don't like the way my body feels after meat, I feel tired and slow. I have never liked the taste of milk, even when I was a child. Dairy makes your breath smell also, and I don't want to have to chew gum everytime I have it. It is simply not worth it, when I could have a skinny soy chai latte and actually enjoy it while I'm drinking it... and be ok after too!

And YES I feel incredible today... I have had sooo much water, and everything I've had has been grown from a tree or a plant and I just feel 5 kgs lighter :-D

golden

Postby loveat116 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:36 pm

Oh ok, i just know really hardcore vegans won't wear leather (not even leather shoes) and won't wear anything made from wool, wont eat anything that uses animal labour to make it etc!

Have you ever tried going fully organic? I would LOVE to go organic, but its so expensive, and I dont decide what foods my households buy.

I would eat fruit 24/7 if I could! I LOVE mangoes and apples and bananas and nectarines and raspberries and kiwi fruit! I might go get some tonight! :)

loveat116

Postby golden » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:13 pm

oh my gosh you so should- go buy fruit now hehe! The organic section of the supermarket is always so cute, like a little town market :-)

No I wouldn't give up leather and wool... I love fashion too much <3

golden

Postby electrongirl » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:51 pm

Ella your post made me think of something that happened to me a few years ago.

There were a bunch of pretestors in Perth city (I can't remember exactly what they were protesting) but I walked past them on the way to work and one of them approached me and asked me if I was against people wearing fur.

Now I am neither here nor there on the subject. I think if the animal is farmed for the fur then I dont see a problem, but if its an endangered animal, then of course there is an issue.

Anyway this girl was going on and on and I looked down at her sandals and asked her what they were made of. "Leather, I think" she said....

I burst out laughing and walked off.

Hypocrites!! hahaha

sorry had to share!!

My mum is a vegan diet wise, but she won't give up leather.

sorry Mads for hijacking your thread but I had to tell that story!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there