It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Golden's progress

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby jeshka » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:55 pm

By the sound of it, you don't need to lose any more weight. Are you happy with your body now? You've just gotta remember to maintain it, so rather than eating for weight loss, you can start introducing slightly more calories, but don't go overboard and also you should probably keep up the exercise too. Walking to work is more exercise than I do, so you should be ok! Haha. I agree - if you've just bought a whole bunch of Size 8 clothes, you'll probably want to keep fitting into them without having to fork out to get them taken in.
jeshka

Postby golden » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:13 pm

Hey Jesska,

Yeah I'm pretty happy with how it looks now, I had a knee length strapless dress and gladiator sandals on today (was like 33 degrees) and judging by the looks from the guys, I was looking ok hehe.

I always wanted to be a size 6, but I'm not willing to compromise my quality of life (i.e. eating what tastes good, eating out with my friends, having treats like icecream at the beach, popcorn at the movies etc). Plus my boy is sick of me talking about exercise and diets because he can't understand why I would want to lose a single pound :oops: :)

I think I should focus my energy on being happy in my skin rather than losing fat and getting rake thin :-)
My weight- 58kgs :-) (BMI- 21.9)

Inner confidence- It's all in the eyes... the window to the soul
golden

Postby jeshka » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:19 pm

that's exactly right - you can't give up your lifestyle by becoming weight obsessed. I'm sure you're a healthy weight, and you wouldn't want to lose so much that you become underweight, because thats just as unhealthy as being overweight. If your boy says honestly that he doesn't think you need to lose weight, then you must be looking great - my boy acknowledges that I need to get into shape (which is great cos I prefer the honesty) but I am hanging out for the day when I have a body half as fit as his and neither of us feel that it could do with improvement! And you can't argue with all those guys checking you out! It's such an ego boost haha.
jeshka

Postby golden » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:25 am

Worked ALL DAY yesterday then blew off some steam at a party that night- had LOTS of fun ;)

Today I have to finish off the last of my christmas shopping before work and also fill in a stupid form (they missed one entire day last week from my pay grr).

Sunday 16 December, 2007

Breakfast-- 3 slices of watermelon, 2 small pieces of 7 grain toast with crunchy peanut butter, glass of water

golden

Postby golden » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:56 am

Last night I had a big think about what I've accomplished this year in terms of work, school, fitness, friends, love, money... all that. I suddenly realised how petty weight loss was. Like women years ago never dieted, counted kjs and exercised to excess... they just WERE. If you have time to do all that, you obviously aren't doing much in a day.

I accept myself now. I told myself that yesterday "I accept myself", and it was like a weight lifted off my shoulders. I read somewhere "don't try to be a second-class someone else, be a first-class YOU", and those words rang so true. I have a naturally size 8-10 body, and trying to be a 6 just isn't me. The amount of sacrifices are not worth it for me, I'd rather spend my time being a kinder, more giving human being rather than become skinny. It seems so selfish now that I think about it, and such a total waste of time and life. The women I look up to are involved in charities, speak out, dress immaculately and love others. I don't think being 53kgs will really help me in my life journey.

I'm not fat by any means, I think my weight is currently about 58kgs but I'm happy. Plenty of women even in the fashion industry have made it without being a rake (I'm thinking Kirstie Clements & Nina Garcia), so it's more about personality, talent and an eye for detail. And as long as they keep making size 10s I'll be fine hehe :-)

Now that I'm not trying to lose weight I'm not sure how much longer I'll be around the forum, but it's a good place to vent hehe.

golden

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:02 pm

That's great that you're finally accepting yourself, Mads! As you said, it's not like you have a weight problem at all!

Hmmm I don't think I'd describe weight loss as "petty" though. For people who have a bit more to lose and truly need to lose weight to be healthier and avoid illnesses and disease eg diabetes type II, heart conditions etc etc and to improve their quality of life, it is something extremely important and vital to their wellbeing.
I think it's when people start being dissatisfied with themselves when they really don't need to lose much (if any) weight.

You're extremely lucky to have a naturally size 8-10 body, I'd kill for that! Definitely make the most of it while you can!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:11 am

Congratulations!! Maybe you can look into starting a new thread in the maintenance section?

I don't think weightloss is petty. I think its necessary and hard. I am glad that I am at goal, and I feel differently about things now then I did while still trying to lose weight but it was important to get down to a healthy weight for my future.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby loveat116 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:21 am

vanessa0305 wrote:Congratulations!! Maybe you can look into starting a new thread in the maintenance section?

I don't think weightloss is petty. I think its necessary and hard. I am glad that I am at goal, and I feel differently about things now then I did while still trying to lose weight but it was important to get down to a healthy weight for my future.

I understand what Mads means. When you already are slim, it DOES seem petty to lose weight, when there are so many other important things.

So this doesn't apply to a lot of people because most lose weight to get into a healthy weight bracket. I sometimes feel petty becasue my main reason is well.. to look better? When I could spend that time doing something worthwhile.

Im so glad your happy with how you look Mads! Im going to be starting a maintenance thread at the end of January!
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Previous

Return to Almost there