It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Who wants a little healthy competition?

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Who wants a little healthy competition?

Postby dietcoke » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:38 pm

I have real trouble sticking to my workouts and eating well when I have a lot of tafe work. I'm heading into an intense few weeks and I need something to keep me motivated.

Just wondering if anyone would like to post their progress on here. I figure since we all have relatively similar goals (ie only 5-10kg or less to lose) it would be good to keep eachother on track. I'm a middle child so competition would probably work for me.

I'm into week 4 of a 12 week thing I'm trying. So far I have only had about 3 days off from exercise but have had a few binges already. My goal is to lose some body fat and feel confident by Christmas/New Years.

I think I'd like to post a tally every week of how many "junk-free" or "binge-free" days and how much cardio and strength I do...ie

:arrow: Eating - 5

:arrow: Cardio - 6

:arrow: Strength - 3

Let me know if you're interested and I look forward to kicking butt WITH you (not AGAINST you).
dietcoke

Re: Who wants a little healthy competition?

Postby golden » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:53 pm

dietcoke wrote:I think I'd like to post a tally every week of how many "junk-free" or "binge-free" days and how much cardio and strength I do...ie

:arrow: Eating - 5

:arrow: Cardio - 6

:arrow: Strength - 3

Let me know if you're interested and I look forward to kicking butt WITH you (not AGAINST you).

Sure, sounds great dietcoke :-)

P.S. Is a 'good day' just a binge-free day?
My weight- 58kgs :-) (BMI- 21.9)

Inner confidence- It's all in the eyes... the window to the soul
golden

Postby dietcoke » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:06 pm

Well it's kind of subjective. If by your standards a good day is a day without eating a whole packet of biscuits then that's a good food day but if sticking to a certain number of calories is your thing then that's a good day. But even if to you a good food day means getting the recommended intake of fruits and vegetables but maybe not limiting your other foods too much that's fine too.

And it doesn't have to go by days if it doesn't suit you. The exercise could be in minutes or hours or you could just say note the number of binge-free days alone. I guess it doesn't matter what or how you do it just a little something to help keep us accountable.
dietcoke

Postby SarahC » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:16 pm

Sounds good. I will have to decide what a good food day means to me. I currently score myself out of 3 each day, and out of 21 for the week. The number of times I've scored 3 out of 3 I can count on one hand :shock: Maybe I'll just write my score out of 21 each week and the number of strength/cardio sessions I've done :)
SarahC

Postby dietcoke » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:10 pm

Oh my gosh I've been so naughty...

I set this thing up so that I would make myself accountable then I just forgot about the whole thing. Sorry guys.

Well then I've had a couple of weeks (maybe a week and a bit) of being bad - eating all the wrong things, eating WAY too much and not exercising. But on Wednesday I jumped back on the good girl bus and this morning I weighed myself and had actually lost about 0.6kg.

So here's my Sunday tally (out of seven days)...

Eating - 4
Cardio - 0
Strength - 0

Goals for this week coming...

Eating - 6
Cardio - 4
Strength - 3
dietcoke

Postby anaksedang » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:13 pm

sounds like a good topic. But i'm still far from "almost there" so i'm out of the competition :D
anaksedang

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:37 pm

anaksedang wrote:sounds like a good topic. But i'm still far from "almost there" so i'm out of the competition :D

somehow i don't think this competition is still going. the posts are from 2007. :?
Strawberry

Return to Almost there