It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:31 am

Free Newsletter

Sarah's new home

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sarah's new home

Postby milkyway » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:05 pm

Enjoy LA Sarah - I'm sure you'll have a ball :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby SarahC » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:34 pm

HI Sandra! Yep had a great time. Just arrived home yesterday afternoon (four hours later than planned!) and feeling pretty awful! Had a nightmare trip home with my flight from Las Vegas to LA being delayed three hours, which made me miss my flight from LA to Melbourne. I eventually made it home via Sydney.... but not after a lot of sweat and a lot of tears! The absolute drongos they have working for the airlines!!! Unbelievable :(

Anyway, up until the trip home, I had a good time. I maged to get to see Universal Studios, and took a long walk along the walk of fame in Hollywood. Then off to Vegas, took a night flight over the city in a helicopter and then a day tour out to the grand canyon. Will get all my photos off my camera and phone and post a couple here. Got some good ones..

Bad news on the weight loss front though. Stupid me stepped on the scales yesterday afternoon - 54.4kg!!!!! :shock: Ok so I'd been eating and drinking and I was fully swollend after the 14hour plane trip. This morning, I'm down to 52.5kg :( I'm still filled with fluid though, I can feel it, everywhere I touch just hurts. I feel like a balloon, no joke.

So.... the plan is to attempt to be reasonably good the next few days, avoid carbs like the plague, and check my weight again after that. Then I'll adjust my ticker and start again. Ho hum :roll:

Just stressing, out of the extra 3 kilos I'm carrying at the moment, how much is fluid and how much is fat?? Argh! I'm guessing at least a kilo of fluid. I really didn't stop eating the last two weeks, so I'm also expecting a decent fat gain as well :cry:
SarahC

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:40 pm

I'm guessing it'll be more than a kilo of fluid if you're feeling sore and swollen. Don't worry about it! I'm sure you'll lose the fluid quickly and any remaining weight will just drop off once you get back into your routine.

Glad to hear you had such a good time. Bummer about your flight back. At least you're on solid ground again and won't have to deal with the airlines for a little while at least!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby SarahC » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Yep I'm pretty sure I won't be flying anywhere anytime soon :P

Just got all my pics off my phone. I do have some exciting ones, but this one I took just now. I have the tape measure around my waist set at where it was when I left, 2 weeks ago. When I left, it was 69.5cm. I'm now around 74cm!! :cry:

Is it really possible to put on more than 3kg and add 4cm to my waist in just two weeks????
SarahC

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:18 am

Bah! It's just water weight I'm telling you. You'll lose it in no time at all! Don't worry about it too much. Just get back into your regular routine and it'll fall off before you know it. :D

I can't wait to see the pictures you took on holiday!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby SarahC » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:22 am

Thanks Ali :)

I'm not convinced though. If it was water, it would have started to come off by now. I've weighed pretty much the same the last three days, 52.3kg this morning. That's a good 2.5kg gain in 2 weeks. I'm freaking out slightly because this same thing happened to me back in November last year, I put on 2.5kg in 2 weeks and it did not go away, it was permanant. I was so upset that I ended up at the psychologists office. It has taken from then until now to get rid of those kg's, I've been watching my diet like a hawk, excercising up to 3 hours a day..... now looks like it might be all for nothing!!! :cry: :cry:

Stand by for pics. Got them all off my camera and my phone last night, now just gotta get them onto photobucket...
SarahC

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:38 pm

It could have just been the different food you were eating in the US. Or even the huge weather difference between the two hemispheres right now.

Did the psychologist give you good advice or give you some coping devices last time you had a bit of a gain? If you're worried that you're going to start obsessing over this slight weight gain maybe you should visit him/her again before you get too upset.

Hope you feel better soon. Hopefully looking at all those great holiday pics will make you forget about the scales for a bit!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:25 pm

Hi Sarah - good to see you back safe and sound, albeit a bit of a horror trip home. Holidays and weight gain seem to go hand-in-hand :(

Hang in there hun - and like Ali says - go and see a pro about it before it takes over your every waking thought.

On another note - how's the business progressing? :)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:18 pm

Hey Sarah,

Glad to hear you had an awesome time in the States. Poo to the horrid trip back home. You made me laugh when I read "those drongos". Haven't hear that in such a long time. Such a good aussie saying :lol:

Try not to stress too much about your slight weight gain. Let your body adjust, don't overstress it with too much exercise and don't be to restrictive on the food front. Just start tomorrow like its any other day (a day of your normal weight) and your weight will come down. Stop trying to put so much pressure on yourself, it will happen.

Can't wait to see your pickies.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby SarahC » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:48 pm

Thanks guys! Yep, trying not to stress too much, it's hard though. I know 2.5kg might not seem like that much, but on me, it really is!!! It's about a 5% gain in body weight..... And you can see from the pic I posted as well, not pretty!

Anyway, I spent yesterday morning working on my plan of attack. Always makes me feel better, planning. I found myself a new training program, called Escalating Density Training - http://www.escalatingdensity.com - it looks pretty good so far. It's basically 15 minute sessions, alternating between two excercises, starting with 5 reps and reducing it as you fatigue. You count how many reps you've done in the 15 minute time limit, then compete with yourself to better it next time.

Won't be back at the shrink's any time soon, waste of time that was!!! Might look into a naturopath or sports nutritionist later on if nothing happens. Just can't understand why I put on so much weight so quickly, yet it takes months on end of extreme effort to shift it :?

Business is progressing slowly at the moment. I have a very long to-do list that I have to work though. It's going to be good when it's all finished I am sure. It's going to look very professional. I'm having logos and all done up. There will be further posts as it gets closer to the launch time I am sure! In the meantime.... if anyone knows of anyone who's interested in learning about a low carb vegetarian lifestyle... :wink:
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:56 am

More bad news! The weight gain that we were hoping might be fluid.... is not fluid!!! It's all 100% fat :shock: The fluid has all gone now, the reason I know is that when I'm carrying extra fluid my skin feels very sore and tender. My skin now feels back to normal, but my body is still the same size and weight.

Can't beleive it... and just don't know what to do about it :cry:

I went to a wedding yesterday. I picked out the largest shirt in my wardrobe - it's a beatiful shirt but I rarely wear it because it's so big. IT WAS TIGHT! I felt like I was wearing a sausage skin, just so uncomfortable :( :cry:
SarahC

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:44 pm

You poor thing. That would be so upsetting. You've done so well so far too! Hopefully the escalating density training will help shift some of that fat. Other than that I can't think of what to suggest. Your diet is perfect and has worked so well for you so far I wouldn't want to suggest changing it. Maybe more weights to build muscle to raise your resting metabolism? Whatever you try, I really hope it works for you. I can feel your frustration from here!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby SarahC » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:15 am

Hi, yes definitely very upsetting and frustrating. Particluarly considering how hard I have worked over the last 6-7 months just to get rid of a couple of kilos, just to stack them back on plus more inside of a couple of weeks. Like I know I ate a LOT, but still, 3kgs in 2 weeks I think that was uncalled for :evil:

I'm getting ready to call the doc for an appointment (read: I'm looking at my phone, and wondering how I can find the phone number lol). I really think it will be a waste of time, but I really think there is something wrong. It's just becoming easier and easier for me to put on weight and harder and harder for me to lose it. Plus I have not seen my period in god knows how long (I had two last year, and I think the same the year before that), I'm always tired, depressed (well, gaining weight doesn't help with that!) and HOT!! It's winter and yet I'm always hot.

You never know, maybe I'll run into some professional medical person with half a brain who'll be able to tell me what's wrong with me :roll:

Apart from that, I've been making enquries into liposuction, seeing if I can afford it... and of course reading all the horror stories! Desperate or what :(

Oh and still slowly getting back to excercise. I was dragging my heels with the Escalating Density training, and couldn't decide how to plan my training. So, I've gone back to what I know - metabolic surge. I'm giving it 24 days, then I have three days of Vanessa Amorosi (yep, going to three concerts in three days!!) then I'll start up the new training program after that. Weights are great. Just three weeks away and already can feel my muscles getting softer.... yuck!
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:06 pm

Quick update. I finally made it to the doctor's. Surprise, surprise, I have to have another blood test!! Help! Not only that, but it's a fasting one, I can't eat before it!!! :shock:

Nearly fell of the chair though when the doc AGREED with me that 3kg in 2 weeks is a big weight gain!!! I was starting to feel a little bit loopy with everyone telling me it's not a big thing :)

So, Saturday morning I will starve myself then attempt to allow someone to put a needle into my arm :shock: :shock: :(
SarahC

Postby milkyway » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:01 pm

I know how much you hate needles and injections, Sarah :( You poor thing. But at least your doc is really listening to you.

My PT reckons my weight has stabilised because I don't eat enough and don't eat enough protein - do you think either of those two could be affecting you, too?

Hope the business planning is going well - it's a great distraction :) I'm doing the same thing (business planning, not planning the same business! :P) and it's hard to fit it into a full-time work week + marathon training schedule ... but I'll get there. I want someone to give me a few mill so I can get it off the ground, so it'd be a bloody good biz plan!!!

You must be a huge fan of Vanessa Amarossi. I like her, but ... ;)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there