It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:15 am

Free Newsletter

Sarah's new home

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sarah's new home

Postby SarahC » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:20 pm

No, still not had the tests. Really and truly I don't think it's going to show anything. I can't see how anything could have changed that drastically in the last 6 months. PLUS.... I got a period this week!!!! Only the fourth one I've had in the last two years. How exciting :lol:

I think I've made up for my disappoinment on missing that concert in Sydney. I've just seen Vanessa FOUR times in four days!! I am absolutely buggered!!! Barely conscious, my feet are sore, my legs are sore, my knees are stuffed, I can't really talk properly through all the singing, plus the muffler fell off my car though all the driving lol .... BUT IT WAS SOOOOO WORTH IT!!!!! :D :D Still singing :mrgreen: PS front row all four times!
SarahC

Postby sassi » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:49 pm

glad you enjoyed it! she was on spicks & specks last week - did you see it? :)
sassi

Postby SarahC » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:43 pm

I didn't :( But I heard about it. Someone's going to upload it onto vanessaamorosi.net, so I'm off there later to check it out!
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:43 pm

Just realised I've strayed a bit from this thread, I'm posting most of my progess now in the challenge section! :oops: I'm in week 1 of a 6 week countdown till I see Vanessa again lol. I bought a $200 ball ticket to see her on 13 Sept. Ball. That means formal. That means I have dresses that I need to fit into!!!!! Yikes. Luckily I have a range of sizes, but it would be unreal to go feeling good and not like a stuffed chook :mrgreen:

Only a coulple of days in, but so far so good. My house is rigged for success. I have a photo of myself at my goal weight stuck inside my bathroom mirror, a beautiful picture of Vanessa on my fridge (that works really well in stopping me from opening the fridge!!), and the display on my scales is taped over with a bit of paper that says "51.5kg", so I can't stand on it without ripping off the paper! :D

I'm also looking into the Mass Attack program, and hope to be making some gradual changes over the next couple of weeks. I have to completely change the veggies that I'm eating, and somehow try to limit the amounts of tofu and soy products that I consume. Fun and games!!
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:40 pm

News just in lol...

As if I need any more added motivation... I just got called up for a job interview!! It's at the same place that I'm working in now, just a different job. The job title is Sustainability Officer, so basically looking after all the environmental aspects of Council. This is actually what I'm qualified to do! I so want this job!!! I'm not getting my hopes up though. I applied for the job when it was up last time, two years ago, and didn't get it - I was crushed! So, I already assume that I haven't go it. Just relax and enjoy the chat haha!

Next Friday week, 15th August. And..... I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR. All my great interview clothes are too small at the moment. So, in 10 days, can I fit into them? Or will an emergeny dash to the shops be required??
SarahC

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:27 pm

Good luck with the job interview, Sarah! I'm sure you'll do really well. How 'too small' are your interview clothes right now? Will you have to drop a whole dress size to fit into them or are they only a wee bit too snug? If they're just a tiny bit snug then definitely use that as motivation over the next 10 days. If they're any smaller than that I'd use this as an excuse to go shopping. One can NEVER have too many excuses to go shopping after all! :lol:

I really hope you get the job!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby SarahC » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:36 pm

Thanks Ali :D

Not sure about the clothes. I've just been staring into my wardrobe going... "nah, that won't fit!". I have been too scared to try things on because I know that I will get upset if something is too tight. Particularly if it's something that was quite loose before.

Maybe I'll just hit the shops anyway. To save myself any distress :|
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:12 pm

Well, I survived the interview yesterday. I have nooooo idea how I went, it's too hard to tell. I spent the whole rest of the day yesterday torturing myself, thinking of what I should have said, thinking of all the other applicants that are being interviewed, etc, etc!!! Grr... I'd so love this job!!!! :( :(

I bought a great new top as well. Nice and big and flowing lol. It actually looked not too bad, just hope my bra straps weren't showing for the entire time!! :shock:

Might have some good news on the weight loss front... finally. I had a check on the scales this morning, and it looks as though I'm a bit lighter (again, not wanting to get my hopes up, you never know what the scales might say next time :roll: ). But definitely a cm gone from my waist which I'm pretty happy about!

Now, just gotta keep going now I've started :D
SarahC

Previous

Return to Almost there