It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Molligrub is Back Again :(

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Molligrub is Back Again :(

Postby molligrub » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:17 pm

Hey guys, some of you may remember me from a few months ago. Well, I'm back after quite a few months of slip ups and naughty eating and non-stop binging.

Needless to say, any weight that I have lost has gone straight back on and I am bloated as hell. I don't need to lose a great deal, just a few kilos, but sometimes it just seems like it would be easier to start amputating limbs!!

Anyway, I'm going to trial a wheat and dairy free diet for a week or so, because the amount of bloating I'm getting is unbelievable. I look like I'm six months preggers by evening!! :(

I shall keep you all posted on my progress.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnqxaGD/]
[/url]

I am gonna exercise my butt off!! Literally!!
molligrub

Postby Juddy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:36 pm

Welcome back!

Wheat/Dairy free? Is the bloated feeling from these foods themselves or excessive amounts or a combination?
Juddy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:39 pm

bloating is definitely a symptom of wheat or gluten intolerance. I've seen severe cases through mum's shop that have clothes spanning 3 sizes to cope with the bloating. It really does look like pregnancy pot belly.

That said, it can be a symptom of other intolerances, but wheat/gluten is a good bet. Hope it works for you.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby molligrub » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:41 pm

Hi guys,

I really don't know what the bloating is from, but I'm just trying the lactose/wheat thing first because they're the first things that come to mind. If going without those two things doesn't help, then it's back to the drawing board. I just feel it may be those because I always feel yucky after eating them (they're also two of the main foods I crave). I'm also trying some inner health plus tablets - I'm getting desperate! If it doesn't ease soon then I'll be off to the doc for a chat.

I don't think the binging is exactly helping either, by the way - I'm sure my tummy muscles are all stretched from overeating :/
[/url]

molligrub

Postby loveat116 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:33 am

hey Molligrub!

Its a good idea trialing a wheat free or dairy free diet, thats really the only way to see if you have an intolerance.

maybe try going without dairy for one week then gluten the next? Then you might be able to pin point which one it is.

Do your limbs swell? if they do you could have a wheat allergy.

Good luck with your weight loss!
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby milkyway » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:35 am

Hi molli - good to see you again.

How is the tri training going? has the season started?

Good luck with tackling the bloating problem. It will be interesting to find out what's doing it. A process of elimination is a great idea - good luck with the gluten & dairy free diet. I like what Ella says - to try one first and then the other - no point being wheat free if it's the dairy that's doing it.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:37 am

Hi, sorry to hear about the bloating and stuff. Some good ideas there - if I were you, I'd cut out the dairy for a couple of days and see if it makes a change, and if not, then try cutting out wheat. If neither of those work, get to your GP and get some tests done :)

Hope you get it sorted soon!

Oh, and welcome back :)
Mandie

Postby molligrub » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:44 am

Well it's day one today of my fresh start, and I'm already having food cravings!

Got up to go for my 60km ride this morning, and realized that the stuff I normally take is full of sugar/wheat (bread/powerbars/mueslibars etc) so I just took a little flask of straight cordial instead and sipped on that. I'll have to get a bit more creative.

My cravings for bread and cheese are quite intense at the moment!

Anyway - here's the plan for today:

During ride: 100ml straight cordial (200)

BF: 100g lactose free natural yoghurt, 125g stewed apples. 1 corn thin and peanut butter. Coffee (300)

MT: nothing

Lunch: honey mustard pork and green beans. Diet coke. Mandarin. (450)

AT: Banana. 2 corn thins and margarine and turkey breast. Coffee. (250)

Dinner: 1 pack Velish vege soup. 4 Corn thins. (300)

Supper: 4 corn thins, margarine and jam. Tea. (200)

Total: 1700 calories

EXERCISE: 60km ride, 1.5km walk.
[/url]

molligrub

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:16 am

go to the recipe section and try my muesi /fruit and nut bars. No wheat in them and they're great as a snack while you're on a long walk or ride.

other ideas are dried fruit and nuts etc. You COULD try things like ryvitas, but if it's a gluten intolerance, rye also has gluten.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby SarahC » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:30 am

Welcome back Molli :) Sorry to hear you have been having problems. I have been in a similar situation with the overeating/binging, bloating etc, it's no fun at all!!

Hope you have some success with the wheat/dairy free diet. Keep us posted how you get on :)
SarahC

Postby molligrub » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:47 am

Thanks everyone for your replies - you guys are great!!!

As for trying one elimination thing at a time, ideally I would, but well, I'm a bit impatient. :oops: I'm going to eliminate both, see if it helps, then reintroduce lactose and/or wheat one thing at a time and see if it causes the bloating to come back. I'm certainly not going to leave them out of my diet if the bloating doesn't improve - I'm not really one to advocate cutting entire food groups out for no reason!

This tummy thing really has me at a bit of a loss, I suspect a lot of it may be due to binging (and yes I have been continuing to get help to stay on top of my eating probs) and dumping so much bad food into my system at once :shock:

Sarah, I've been reading your journal over the past little while, even while i haven't been posting, and I really do sympathise with you - I know how awful it is, and I am amazed I haven't put on more weight from overeating so much!

Hey Milkyway, tri season has well and truly started and I am lovin' it!! To everyone else who has responded - thank you very much!!

Molli.
[/url]

molligrub

Postby molligrub » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:46 am

GRRR! Cannot live without my bread, pasta and cheese! I will just have to put up with the bloating, and hope that as I curb the binging my tummy goes back to its normal shape.

I actually don't feel too bad at the moment, haven't binged for 3 days now, so that's a good start.
[/url]

molligrub

Postby Mandie » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:22 am

As we said before.. try just giving up one as all at once might be a bit hard to sustain! If you are too restrictive, you will want to rebel!

Bloating is yucky... don't put up with it!

If I were you, I'd give up dairy first, because I'd find that easier..
Mandie

Postby molligrub » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:01 pm

Going pretty good - had a good day yesterday, and a good day today. Stuck to 1400 cals yesterday, and will hit around 2100 today but I've done and 80km ride plus a 2.5km walk so that's probably nowhere near enough if anything :shock:

I am determined to get this thing happening! Wt 55.8kg this am - down 300g from Saturday (when I had a big splurge of chinese food at my work Christmas party :oops: ).

Am feeling positive and upbeat at the moment!!! Yay!! I can do this.
[/url]

molligrub

Postby molligrub » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:42 am

UGGH! Still the same old, same old, good one day, binge two days etc etc. My weight itself is not increasing, but I am gaining so much flab around my middle :oops:

My problem is, I start out with good intentions, set myself a plan, say I'll have eg 1200 calories with x extra if I ride so many kms etc, but during the afternoon I always convince myself to 'up' my calories, until I allow myself 1400, then 1600, then it turns into 1800, then I just KEEP GOING!! DARN IT!!

If I could just stick to something for a day or so, then that will motivate me to keep going.

So here goes, people - make me accountable to you!! I intend to be checking in here tonight and letting you know that I stuck to my goal (1200 cals because I won't be getting a lot of exercise).

Good luck to me!!
[/url]

molligrub

Next

Return to Almost there