It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:12 am

Free Newsletter

Fiona's Journey!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby oostevens » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:44 pm

i bought a skipping rope too!!!! i just dont have anywhere to use it atm, cos i usually use it in the garage but its too hot :(

its awesome!

pilates, what does that do again?

great to hear your purchases i bet u are really excited
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:48 pm

What about skipping in the backyard in the early morning or late arvo when its cool? Thats what i'm going to do!

Pilates is very low impact and works on your core. Strengthening and toning your whole stomach area (abs, obliques) and back. Its also good for flexability and just overall trimming your tummy and giving you more definition in that area. Its quite hard!!! Very relaxing though, focussing A LOT on breathing.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby lng86 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:11 pm

Sounds like awesome purchases.

You'll be at your goal before you know it!!!

Keep up the motivation!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby ellecee » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:52 pm

how exciting, what a great lot of goodies!
Would love to try Pilates myself at some stage.
Good on you :)
SW: 142.4 - Nov '07
CW: 119.2
GW: 75.0

4th mini goal: 115kg - Pandora Charm
~ I am one workout stronger than yesterday ~
ellecee

Postby chubba momma » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:58 pm

well done so far. would love to hear how pilates goes too! Looking forward to reading all about it :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby shelbel » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:10 pm

I brought a pilates DVD awhile back, but the women on it peeved me off so much for some unknown reason that ive been put off it ever since! Funny how things like that can happen!

Good on you fiona for getting out there and trying new things i say! :D I have a skipping rope...somewhere, i used it once but it hurt my boobs too much :shock: Gee im miss negativity tonite! :D

And dont stress about weigh day till weigh day! (geez i wish i listened to my own advice! :roll: )
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby molligrub » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:04 pm

Ouch, pilates *grimaces* - I really need to start that again - I am so inflexible I sometimes think my calves and hammies are permanently shortened from cycling. :roll:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnqxaGD/]
[/url]

I am gonna exercise my butt off!! Literally!!
molligrub

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:45 am

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO I lost 900grams!!! Now sitting on 60.9kgs and feeling GREAT!

Just for my own records, a summary of last week:

*From tues - wed I had a big peak in weight, going up to 62.4kgs, then from Thurs, went down a little bit each day. Note to self, don't stress about mid week weight peaks :P

*I've been drinking 1-2 cups of hot water with fresh lemon juice in it each day. I've read that it helps to speed up the metabolism as well as cleanse the liver AND it has helped me to no end in curing cravings, it makes me feel satisfied and full.

*Light night time exercise after dinner. Be it a 20-30min walk, pilates or throwing the frisbee around for 20-30mins with hubby and the dogs.

*Doing my daily food charts up on a spreadsheet the night before, working out how many cals/fat/carbs/protein/fibre i've had and keeping it well within my limits.

*Not eating ANYTHING at least 2hrs before bed. Even though i'm not hungry as I fill up on dinner, out of habit and boredom I want to eat, so the exercise after dinner is really helping with that.

I'm not expecting a huge loss next week, but 60.5kgs would be nice!

I start martial arts on Monday, can't wait! Going to start out with a cardio combat class which apparently caters for all fitness levels, can't wait :D

I have to work 2 full 10hr days on Tuesday and Wednesday, so i'll prob only get in a walk/run before work and pilates or weights after work, BUT I will be on my feet all day running around so that should be fine.

Fiona25

Postby lng86 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:28 am

Well done on the loss!

That is fabulous!

Keep up the great work... And I hope you enjoy martial arts. Sounds like fun!!!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby SarahC » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:32 am

WOW 900grams!!!! That's nearly a kilo!! Well done :D You must be very pleased with that!

Pilates sounds great too. I have a DVD plus my gym runs classes, still I don't go :oops: (Note to self... go to pilates!) Hope you are enjoying it. There are so many great benefits.
SarahC

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:08 am

Thanks girls :D

Yes Sarah, i'm LOVING pilates, very relaxing with all the breathing and stretching type stuff and I can really feel it working in my tummy. After I finish my stomach feels really hard without me flexing, but then goes soft again 20mins or so later :P I'm really hoping it will shape and tone my stomach as that is my main fatty area, but might I say it was looking quite flat this morning :D

Fiona25

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:37 am

You Rock Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:17 pm

Woo hoo, well done on the great loss girl! Sounds like you've been working hard! The hot water with fresh lemon thing is interesting.. it would definitely satisfy you, and what it actually does is level out the acid levels in your tummy to "settle" it. A lot of people drink it cos it they can't eat brekkie in the mornings because they feel nauseous, and this remedy helps!

Good luck for Martial arts, it'll be loads of fun!

And good luck for those 10 hr days, doesn't sound like fun at all!!

Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:26 pm

I forgot to mention that we're going on holidays up at Kira Beach from the 18th of next month with hubby, his ill Mother and his Brother and I REALLY want to have a bikini body by then - I hope I have one!!!

Thanks Em! The 10hr days are at the vet clinic where i'll be filling in for the full time nurse who is on holidays, and I LOVE it there, so it works out well - getting paid for something I love doing, can't ask for more than that :D

Fiona25

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:57 pm

Definitely sounds great then, Fiona :D Can't lose!!
zeedeveelgirl

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there