It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:08 am

Free Newsletter

Jordan's journey as a loser

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Jordan's journey as a loser

Postby Jordan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:24 pm

Hiya :)

I've decided that I''ve procrastinated enough and am going to make a fresh start in 2008! Having read some other people's journey I think this will be the best way to keep me accountable. Here's my stats:

Starting weight: 62.8kg
Starting body fat %: 30.5%
Goal weight: 52.0kg

I really really really want to do this by 31 May 2008. My husband and I are going on holidays to Singapore & Malaysia and I want to be able to wear bathers and have my photo taken without being really self conscious about how I look. So, 2kg a month is the way to go.

How am I going to do it?
- Going to the gym 4-5 times a week;
- Taking a lunchbox to work with my healthy food for the day in it;
- Writing down everything I eat;
- Minimise my intake of sweets, chocolate and alcohol; and
- Always having a bottle of water on me.

Wish me luck! I will update this post whenever I need to remind myself why I'm doing this. :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjK6k6m/]
[/url]
Jordan

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Sounds like a great plan Jordan!

It is certainly do-able by your holiday too :D

Looking forward to hearing and seeing your progress!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Juddy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:07 pm

Welcome Jordan!

Our unofficial slogan this year is Looking Great in 2008, so you can keep that in mind for the year :D

Going to the gym 4-5 times a week is fantastic! Just make sure you give recovery time (if doing weights or area-specific exercises)... this should be about 2 days.

So perhaps if your focus is on cardio, you alternate between types of exercises each session.
Juddy

Postby Jordan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:14 pm

Thanks Fiona & Juddy ... just about to head to the Gym now.
[/url]
Jordan

Postby shelbel » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:27 pm

Way to go Jordan, 2 kilos a month is a great way to go, slow and steady as the saying goes!

Best of luck to you and i look forward to hearing your progress!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Mandie » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:59 pm

Sounds very sensible Jordan, look forward to seeing your progress :)
Mandie

Re: Jordan's journey as a loser

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:26 pm

Hey there Jordan!

Those are fantastic goals, I'm sure you'll achieve them all at get to your goal weight by 31st May :D
Slow and steady wins the race, it's great that you're not putting too much pressure on yourself to lose a few kilo's a week!! Half a kilo a week is very sensible :)

Good luck, I'm sure you will do fab :D

Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Jordan » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:53 am

Thanks for the encouragement! I can do this.

Yesterday was a disaster eating wise ... first day back at work after the Christmas holidays and when I couldn't get into it I wander down and get a Bakers Delight Croissant and a Large Feel Good Iced Coffee for brekkie! Then 3 sushi rolls for lunch, followed by pasta for dinner. 3 diet cokes during the day and only 1 glass of water. eek! Luckily I managed to burn 500 calories at the Gym last night, however I don't think that was enough to cancel all the calories I ate.

Todays plan is:
- go to the shop now and buy a small feel good iced coffee and a 1ltr bottle of water to sip on whilst at work
- subway 6 inch veggie delight for lunch
- homemade pizza for dinner (wholemeal pita bread, tomato paste, olives, capsicum, ham, pineapple & lite cheese)

Lets see how I go ...
[/url]
Jordan

Postby grugwashere » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:26 am

Hi Jordan!

welcome to the forum! 2kg a month sounds great!

Good Luck see you round like a record
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby Jordan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:56 pm

Well I have had a bad week ... I have no willpower when it comes to food. I go to the deli to buy a yoghurt for morning tea and end up with a magnum icecream :oops: so something I'm going to have to work on is having healthy snacks available for the morning and afternoon tea.

On the upside I have excercised everyday this week so at least I'm burning what I'm eating. Plus I have been drinking 1.5ltrs of water at work during the day and at least another litre at home & the gym in the evenings.

Yesterday I got a letter from my dietitian (which I haven't been back to for about a year) saying that I can have a long consultation for the price of a short one. I think I will take her up on the offer to get me back on track.
[/url]
Jordan

Postby mimosa8 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:29 am

track with a diary and calorie count or "points" count

drink filtered water 2 + LTrs daily

Cut out alcohol and coffee for one week.

eat 2-3 cups of vegies every day

eat natural foods where possible
mimosa8

Postby sassi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:54 am

Jordan wrote:Well I have had a bad week ... I have no willpower when it comes to food. I go to the deli to buy a yoghurt for morning tea and end up with a magnum icecream :oops: so something I'm going to have to work on is having healthy snacks available for the morning and afternoon tea.

i'm kinda the same - so i buy my morning & afternoon snacks in advance when i'm feeling virtuous! if i leave it till i'm hungry then there's always a chance i'll buy something that isn't healthy - especially if someone else has chosen the non-healthy option.

good work on the exercise :)
sassi

Postby shelbel » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:07 am

Yeah i do that too! Like when im eating out, i'll be saying to myself the whole way there "i'll choose something healthy', then pizza comes out of my mouth when its time order :roll:

I agree with others here, bring whatever food you can with you, it does really help! And a food diary can really help show you just what you eat in a day as sometimes its easy to forget, or 'forget' as i sometimes do! LOL Also some foods that you might think (and seem) to be healthy, can also be very deceiving

Well done on the exercise water front! :D

You'll get there, sometimes it can take awhile to find your groove :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:31 am

Good luck Jordan! 2kgs a month sounds like a great goal, and upcoming holidays are always fantastic motivation!! Good work with the water and the excercise. That sounds like a good deal at the dietician as well :D
SarahC

Postby Jordan » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:53 pm

Yes, I'm still here. I've been finding it so hard to keep on track so am a bit embarassed to post that I'm still 61.7 kg which means I only dropped 1 kg this month :(

New strategy ... I've signed up for Bootcamp for February. This is 3 x 75 minute sessions a week for 4 weeks, starting Monday 4th February. I really hope this is the kick that I need to start some weightloss and get some more motivation for the gym.
[/url]
Jordan

Return to Almost there