It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:07 pm

Free Newsletter

mimosa

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby mimosa8 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:06 pm

had a few drinks yesterday. Tried really hard to like it. Taste like syrup and very sweet now I have been sugar free.

had 3 over the whole night.

My cals today are 1350.

add protein shake as one of my snacks.

im yet to go to the gym and weigh myself. only had measured.

My partner now wants to do the persoanl training course. so that will help..

Drinking water is important. last 2 days not been drinking 2+ Lts and it makes me feel sluggish, tired.

Green tea is refreshing, I never used to like it. but I still find that if you leave the tbag too long its too strong.

Tempted yesterday to have chip sandwhich but partner didnt end up buying one.
We came home and made eggs, cheese, capsicum, mushroom, avacado.. felt better for it.

Still feeling confident and believe that i will be slim toned and fit.

I will make it happen, inch by inch its a cinch.
mimosa8

monday 21st Jan

Postby mimosa8 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:46 am

well worked today. so walked around alot more than I usually do.

Ate well for most of the day

CALS 1493.

Still need to GO TO THE GYM get some sun, fresh air, drink more water.

Hardest thing today was have the taste for chocolate and sugar athe the moment. Since yesterdays chocolate mousses and white bread roll....

Hmmm gateway foods? addictive .. i think for sure.

Cant have coffee anymore. its so strong

Enjoying the green tea more and more..

Didnt want to have my protein shake at work, so had 2 toast, not too filling.

Note to self.. make meal to take to work with vegetables, brown rice. can make chicken or fish to go with it or add tuna tin.

strawbs and almonds work a treat.

Thinking of having eqivalent cals worth of hazelnuts to have with strawbs instead of almonds. would be devine with the low cal choc mousse.

Need to go shopping tomorrow.

still motivated.
mimosa8

tuesday 22nd Jan

Postby mimosa8 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:29 pm

I think I have PMS at the moment. craving sweets yesterday. feel a bit bloated.

Been stretching daily and lifting the 3kg weight behind my back and above my head and doing reps for my bicep.

Feels good to grow your muscles. I think my legs have toned especially my upper thighs, just cant see it now very well because of the layer still there.

nails stronger, skin smoother, hair more body.

Must do cardio more. must treadmill, bike and cross train, more incidental exercise. Stand tall, shoulders back.

burn off the fat. tone the muscles. get fit. energetic, strong.

Get certain and visualise the new you, every time you see yourself, tell yourself positive things, encouragement to the self. Praise.

See your new self, before you fall asleep, picture your new body and you walking around in it. your face, hair, how you walk, picture where you are or what you might be saying.

I can see myself in a skirt and top, pretty feminine, quality, elegant. natural hair and make up, polished looking, pretty shoes
heels..long nails, confidant, stand tall.. getting out of my nissan z convertable silver.

hmm..

or

Sipping a cocktail on the beach with my toned abs and gorgeous bikinis, looking out to see .. listening to the waves crash in softly...

On a
mimosa8

Tuesday 22nd January

Postby mimosa8 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:10 pm

went to the gym today, did weights and some cardio.

Weighed in at

*** drum roll****

59.3kg

YES in the 50's..
mimosa8

Postby shelbel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:40 pm

Well done on getting into the 50's!! That awesome news, you have worked for it! You'll be sipping cocktails by the beach in no time! LOL ( i liked that one better because im a booze hound! )
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby milkyway » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:40 am

Wow! that's fantastic mimosa :) Congrats!

great that you can see so many other positive changes, other than just the scales.

Keep it up :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby rivenriver » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:50 am

Woo! Well done!!!
rivenriver

Postby mimosa8 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:18 pm

thankyou so much!!

It s a great feeling having it all under control and staying on track with the numbers going your way.
mimosa8

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:25 pm

In the 50s! That is utterly fantastic! I'm so happy for you. You must really be feeling that all that hard work has paid off!

I love your use of positive visualisation. It must be really easy to do now you're so close to looking like that cocktail-sipping bikini babe!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby mimosa8 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:20 pm

thanks .. yes I have that image in my head..

Im thinking more exercise is needed to get that trim toned look..

An update for today. had my hair coloured and cut... makes a difference.

But have TOM soon I think so PMS lurking. had mint slice choc busc today and half a cappucino.

Coffee makes me feel aggressive, its really weird, i feel all wound up and angry.. WOAH.. get the coffee away from me.. lol

On a positive note. im not in a bad mood, bit disapoined that had choc. didnt like it much.

Makes my cals high again for today.

Think i will do some more exercise. want to stay on the 50's side of the fence.. dont want to go back anywhere in the 60's. I am short so any weight gain shows in my face and gives me a double chin!!

RRRRRIGHT<

200 cals left for tea taking me to 1300 for the day.

I am liking the hazelnuts in my cereal and mousse, but will have to have then 1-2 times per week instead of every day as they are high cals. 200+ for handful. Almonds are a better choice.

More vegies are needed. especially broccholi. Cmon..

I think my weight loss will be less this coming week due to my higher cals and pms.

** please dont let me go back into the 60's ***

I am finding that keeping a food diary is VERY helpful.
Not too much emotional eating from me.

* I will do this*

Wonder if I can get to 55 by my birthday 8th feb.. I am 59.3 so thats 4.7kg to lose in 2 weeks. not going to happen that fast.. OWH......

So lets hope I can get to 57kg by then.. 58 by next week?

C'mon body.. get rid of this extra layer. it is no longer needed.
mimosa8

progress

Postby mimosa8 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:15 am

Last few days have been hard as I have been working and temptations everywhere. still managed to count all of my cals and refrain from the junk there. but I do think that it is like a drug, the more you slip the more you want.

We had macdonalds yesterday afternoon. I didnt wat it but there were no other choices at the time.So I just had a cheeseburger, my parter had all the meal deal and a big coke.

Must say didnt feel to great after, its not the same as when your eating healthy lean foods.

I plan now on tightening up this diet again. I know I really like gluten free bread and real peanut butter waaay to much, may have to eliminate for a while.

I am thinking of doing 45- 60 mins of cardio per day. this will increase my weight loss. At the moment it is falling off but i think it has slowed down this week.

Its hard at the gym though because I had a personal trainer there once for 3 sessions, whenever I go he is usually there. Stares at me , as if to say.. you have copped out. The other thing is that I cant afford it. and secondly he puched me too hard in the initial training sessions when I was very unfit and doing the atkins diet... no carbs = exaustion.

I am thinking of 2 meals being shakes and 1 meal normal.. maybe do this for 2 days until have these cravings in check.

Keep up the water intake, it is really important to reducing no hungry eating.

I am also going to listen to my hunger.
mimosa8

weight loss stress

Postby mimosa8 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:34 pm

having a bad day today. feel worried and I have period pain woe is me...

My partner is not working at the moment as he is on a sponsorship visa and they have underpaid him by 5,000, and now they wont pay. He has had to resign as they tried to blackmail him.

It is a long story .. but basically we now have no money. he is earning 0 and cant earn any until he gets a new sponsorship. I hope immigration makes them pay him.

Its not fun having 0.01 cents in the joint account.

We cant live on my casual wage. So we were in the city today to have a drink and we couldnt even afford that! we had to share a cappucino with our spare change...

Its not fun.
mimosa8

Re: mimosa

Postby milkyway » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:14 pm

OMG - that's terrible! that is so low of that company to take advantage of someone on a visa and then screw them over. People like that make me sick!!!
I did a whole lot of research and writing last year for the state government about employment rights and can I suggest that you get in touch with Job Watch asap? They are an independent, free and confidential service who will tell your partner what he can/needs to do and who can help him further. http://www.job-watch.org.au/
Good luck!
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

job watch

Postby mimosa8 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:47 pm

Thanks for that.

I have just looked them up.
We went to the workplace ombudsman and the couldnt help..

hoping we can get some answers tomorrow.

Thanks again. I know that was off topic. Its just so frustrating and effects everything.
mimosa8

Re: mimosa

Postby milkyway » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:01 pm

Let us know how you go.

Other place to try would be the Office of the Workplace Rights Advocate (an office Bracksy set up in response to the fed govt's industrial relations change)

Workplace Rights Information Line
Advice about entering into a workplace agreement or to dicuss concerns about unfair or illegal employment practices
1300 882 648

Good luck!
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there