It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:02 am

Free Newsletter

mimosa

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: mimosa

Postby mimosa8 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm

more fat and less carbs.

added CLA to the mix and upped the exercise to 50 mins daily.

see what happens.

weight at the moment has plateau at 59.1. will see if this shifts this
mimosa8

Postby milkyway » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:29 pm

Good luck breaking through your plateau mimosa. Hang in there :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby mimosa8 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:19 pm

cals 1290

lots of protein and low GI.
mimosa8

Postby mimosa8 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:38 am

ive been good.

gym for most days. missed out friday too tired.

moved bricks for paving on sat.. whoa was that a workout! lifting weights aroud the house yesterday too..

will wait for the weigh in, gym closed today due to pub hols

im working this afternoon, great pay but id prefer to be at home with my partner.

cant believe how much exercise you do here. its amazing. 3rhs a day is a lot.

i find 40-50 mns is my limit at this point in time.

i am also listening to some hypnosis tapes at the moment. they seem to be helping, one of them is paul mcenna "i can make you thin"
listen to it most nights.

one day soon i will upload pics. they are too many pixels at the meoment to fit and i need to fuz out my face. i will keep it im mind. considering how brave the rest of you are for posting.
mimosa8

Postby mimosa8 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:36 pm

keep having to change my diet. playing with carb. 30, 60,80g and mixing it up 1200-1500 cals per day.
Never could work out calorieking. couldnt store my foods on it. the exercise is the key and i just am not consistent. workin earlys its difficult.

will keep trying.
mimosa8

Postby mimosa8 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:39 pm

havnt posted for ages. but still been around reading others posts.

I have moved interstate so my eating has been pretty much out of the window. I have maintained my weight though (I think) my clothes fit the same. seems i have stayed in plateau.

Unfortunately couldnt take the crazy fit machine with me so i have hired a treadmill.

I am getting back on track starting this weekend.

Just being more active in general helps.

I keep getting UTI s every few months. Its soo annyoing. I went to chinese medicine. She told me that I have low kidney and liver chi. so I need to warm the body and eat more warm foods. soups, ginger etc. I would like to have raw food but I have been told it is too cold for my constitution.

I have been having the herbs for the past 2 days and drinking heaps of water. I am taking it easy at the moment.

My diet plan is to eat lean protien some carbs and lots of soups/ warm stir frys.

Main thing now is to get into more of a habit of exercise.

I will be on my own for 8 weeks from tomorrow so I will see what happens with my diet.

I find that my partner is the worst temptation- he is always eating chocolate, chips and mcDonalds. I will miss him terribly but I will have less temptations and maybe I can lose this weight.

I really want to get to 56 kg. I am still 59/60kg.

PLAN
Write down foods/ cal count
Plan meals ahead.
Exercise.
mimosa8

56 kg!

Postby mimosa8 » Mon May 12, 2008 6:09 pm

made it to 56kg, the lowest i have been in almost 3 years.

doing low carb (20 grams per day) also just added 1-2 tbsp coconut oil to diet they say it speeds weight loss and also is good antiviral/ antibacterial, kills candida and gives more energy as it has medium chain fatty acids that dont act in the same way as transfats.

Never hungry. if i want choc I just have it on fri or sats and low carb/ diabetic stuff, or dark choc it hits the spot.

I am not missing bread or rice/ pasta. I eat heaps if vegies, have eggs most mornings and eat lean meat and some nuts now.

In a few more weeks will add berries/ yoghurt and legumes.

I have also been exercising for 40 + mins per day. it has helped.

New goal: 55 kg. Exercise aim for 45 mins per day. add weights.
mimosa8

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 12, 2008 9:16 pm

Great to hear you've been so successful with your weight loss. Well done! I'm sure you'll have that final kilo gone in no time. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:20 pm

Congrats on reaching 56!

I don't know how you can go low carb. I would literally faint if I cut out carbs.Do you think its something you could keep up for life?
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby milkyway » Mon May 12, 2008 11:58 pm

Congrats mimosa - good to see you're doing so well :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby mimosa8 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:46 pm

yeah I can do low carb for life. the thing I have done wrong in the past is not go through the 4 stages of it into maintenance.

Low carb can mean 100g carbs per day depending on my individual critical carb level..

That was I can still have brown rice, the occasional grainy bread, legumes etc. I dont really eat much friut anyway. I love berries and this diet is much like the southbeach and abs diet.

The first week I felt tired as i switched from glucose to ketones. they call it "induction flu" I have added coconut oil into my diet an dI have heaps of energy, not tired at all surprisingly.

I am just pretending that I am a diabetic. since I gain weight easily anyway i am prob a bit insulin resistant (syndrome x) where you put weight on your stomach (apple shape)

well to each their own.. stay away from transfats and eat natural foods.
mimosa8

losing

Postby mimosa8 » Sun May 18, 2008 12:49 pm

55 kg today!!

yay.. but my waist is still 31 inches. it is disproportianate to the rest of my body, somone my weight or even bigger has more fat on their legs bum and has less on their waist (28) usually or less.

So will keep working on it until I get to 25 inch waist at least..

I will get to 50 kg BMI -20 and I want low body fat.

once I get to 53 I will add more weights in..

ps I love coconut oil!
mimosa8

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun May 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Congrats on getting to 55kg Mimosa! I wish I could try low-carb but it's just not possible on a vegan diet.

I might try adding a little coconut oil to my diet to see if it can help me off my current plateau. I currently take flaxseed oil, but that's for Omega 3s and to aid my digestive system. I'd be interested to see if coconut oil helps in other ways. Thanks for the tip!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby mimosa8 » Tue May 20, 2008 11:20 pm

went shopping today.. everything in size 10 fit!! WOWOWOWOW

bought some a nice jacket, some jeans and a few dresses. Have a new handbag too..

I am never gaining htis weight back. this is now a way of life!

I feel soooo good, I dont miss sugar at all. I have my substitutes that work well and I am still losing weight.

I am going to see contours tomorrow It would be good to tone the muscles.

I love low carb. I am eating more vegies that I ever have before and my skin is glowing ? from the coconut oil.

I have just found vinegar.. amazing.. it has so many uses!

I have been soaking my feet in it. and use it as a toner on my face. I might wash my hair with it sometime
mimosa8

Postby mimosa8 » Fri May 23, 2008 6:52 pm

been craving choc lately.

must be that thing.

Been having small amount of dark no sugar chocolate. nice.

dont feel deprived.

I love the atkins bars but I eat them on site. !! cant buy more than one at a time!

offered cake, cheesecake lollies and choc today. said no to all. I feel good.

ate broccholi and tuna for lunch and chicken veg for dinner. eggs with cheese for breakfast. MVTS and the coconut oil in my coffee YUMMMM

I am still 55 kg

oh well. its about how it looks and feels more than the numbers on the scale.

I have been lazy lately with the exercise only doing incidental and 10 mins on treadmill. I must get it to 20 mins minimum EVERY day or more if I feel like it.
mimosa8

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there