It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Tegan is almost there too

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Tegan is almost there too

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:53 pm

OK, so it's time to start another topic - my progress page one is getting a wee bit long, and to be honest, I feel like starting anew. I'm not going to be on this site every minute of the day though - sorry, but I have competing priorities so I'll just do what I can! I will try and post in people's pages from time to time, but if I haven't posted in a while it's not 'cause I don't like you!!!

Ok, so where am i??

A year on from hitting 35kg weight loss mark and I'm still hovering around 75kg, give or take a few kg depending on the time of day and how long it was since I last ate and toileted etc - though I do try to keep this constant. I have 4 weeks ish till the wedding and I've decided that I'd like to aim to lose at least 2kg by then. Then perhaps the other 3kg within 2 months following. I know I can lose more quickly safely, but my body has been in this spot for some time now, so I think it's best to start small.

I also need to make an appointment with my GP to get a medical assessment of my position and what her opinion is of what I need to lose because some people are telling me that I don't need to lose any more. Me being me, I'd like to just check in and be sure I'm not doing anything super silly!!

The other reason to lose a tad more is because I'm currently kinda mid sizes which gets a bit annoying, a bit too small for a size 12 and a bit big for a 10. :roll: It would be nice to be a clean size 10 I think.

How will I do this?

First I need to do an official weigh in - keep your eyes peeled for this on Saturday!

I need to got my eating back under control as I have relaxed a little. So no more daily treats. I am allowing myself occasional treats, but not a couple every day as was happening. And I am keeping up my cycling, plus as puppy gets older I will be doing more walking/jogging with him (bless his sweet little heart). Because I am not on here as often any more, I have enlisted a friend as a food/exercise diary buddy (she is also trying to lose weight so it's a mutual help) and I have a star system (which, up till now has not been very effective for me!!!!) I think I may have to revise my rules from being so general (only 2 serves of biscuits, chips, chocolate, lollies, cake icecream etc per week) and start with just one food item to cut out (biscuits seem to be the main culprit so I might change it to that!!).

I look forward to hitting my goal and heading over to maintenance!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Re: Tegan is almost there too

Postby Mandie » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:40 am

Sounds like a good plan!! You can do it Tegan :)

Look forward to seeing ya in maintenance!

And ooh - wedding is so close! Can't wait to see pics of the big day! :)
Mandie

Postby shelbel » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:41 pm

Hey Tegan, welcome to the almost there section! :D The last stop on the way to maintence LOL

You sure have a lot on your plate at the moment! And i reckon going to the GP at this stage is a great idea, check everything is functioning and all that.

Good luck with your goals, you can kick those pesky last few kilos in no time! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:57 pm

Thanks ladies! I know I haven't been on here as much and there are so many new members! It's good to know someone still remembers me!!

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby milkyway » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:23 pm

Hi tegan - you've got a great plan in place. It's a great idea going to see your GP re further weightloss. I've seen your pics hun and you look awesome :)
All the best with your wedding plans and organising and stuff. I didn't realise it was so close - only 4 weeks! Wow, that's come around so quickly.

Sounds like Nelson's bringing lots of joy into your life :) I just love dogs. Make sure you post some more pics of him when you get a chance. He's just adorable.

And welcome to 'Almost there'. A while ago I thought about starting up a new progress thread but after I read it through from start to finish, it was so great to review my whole journey of ups and downs that I got all sentimental and decided to hang onto it :P But maybe I should start a new one too... hmmm... ya got me thinking now!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shokoden » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:22 pm

All the best Tegan.
shokoden

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:37 am

Nelson is a wonderful dog, he really is. Had his first 2 nights inside and this morning he went all the way through to 6:00 before the bloke got up needing a pee and took him out - he'd held on all night!! Sooooo good for a pup his age.

Oh, and I officially weighed in this morning, at 75kg (which IS actually down from a week and a half ago when I was 77 :oops: )

heading in the right direction though! Gave blood yesterday too and felt absolutely FINE afterwards. Last time I went I was 102kg (they had it recorded) and felt all weak and crappy for ages afterwards, even walking 2 blocks was a struggle. I am naughty for not going more regularly, but it showed such a dramatic change in how fit my body is to rebound so much better - I was even able to help lift some free filing cabinets into the car and take puppy for a short jog round the block and no probs at all! That was also naughty, I know, but there's still no bleeding or bruising so i'm pretty good.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby molligrub » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:59 pm

Welcome to almost there! And no doubt soon it'll be goodbye as you get waved off to maintenance!!! :mrgreen: Hopefully it won't be too long and I'll follow ya over! I remember you from last year, don't you worry!! You're not forgotten.

Cheers, Molli.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnqxaGD/]
[/url]

I am gonna exercise my butt off!! Literally!!
molligrub

Postby Yogi-Bear » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:09 am

Heh, what's this 'almost there' new thread. Dawn, your place is in the personal progress section where we need your sensible comments. Why not pack on a few kg's and come back :twisted:
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Sas » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:13 pm

Hey Tegan,

Sounds like you are going well. Not long now till the wedding!! I know when I got to a couple of weeks out I was totally over it all and just wanted it to happen already!

good on you for giving blood... I'm such a slacker. I haven't given for ages :oops:

Hope all is going well :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:13 pm

Hi Yogi, LOL. If this week and my stress-induced chocolate binges are anything to go by, I may well be back there! LoL
And Sas, I am TOTALLY over the wedding thing. Completely.

I ended up with tonsilitis, and on anti-b's, (yay, not) then the inevitable thrush happened. Even more yay. Wedding in 2 weeks, classes start this week, work has introduced a new information management system this week that involved a heap of business rule changes and had me in tears at the end of Monday, I've had to find time to fit in the alterations to the dress that wa supposed to happen Thurs/Fri but now can't due to classes, my sis is coming down and my hens night is this Sat which is also when our new heat pump is being plumbed in (at least the evening stuff at my place will be warm), still organising stuff for the wedding...

Sigh.... it never rains but it pours.

Mind you, I went for a 3hr walk with Nelson on Saturday at Weilangts forest near Hobart and it was lovely. It was longer than I thought, but pup held up so wonderfully, he was such a little trooper despite 3 leech bites (I got 1). When we got back to the car he flopped down and looked at me as if to say "mum, can I PLEASE go home to bed now?"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Yogi-Bear » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:20 am

Hey Dawn,

Glad you laughed, sometimes my sense of humour can be a bit off. Gawd, that wedding c%$p we go through. I was freaking a.stressed out/b. burned out/c. tired/ d. completely confused/ e. all of the above. And then you will have some kids which puts the s#$t-o-meter into uncharted territory!! But at least the species gets to survive....Good luck and we are all counting on you....
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby lng86 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:59 pm

Hope you are well!!!

Xx.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:39 am

Hi All,
Thanks for thinking of me!

Well, wedding is done and dusted. The day was beautiful, perfect weather, I looked beautiful, my sister the bridesmaid looked beautiful, happy guests, nice service, good bit of time in between to relax, then a nice relaxed reception with some swing/jazz music good cake and a 'waltz' to 'lets do it, let's fall in love' te he.

I'm still in the process of collecting photos off family and friends, but I have a couple I can share! I'll put them below. As far as my weight, well the organising business in the last couple weeks up to the wedding made cycling impossible, then I went to Melb for my sis's graduation and puppy has broken his toe (more on that later) and let's just say the chocolate monster paid a little visit :oops: . I'm up 2kg, but as of TODAY, my friends, TODAY, not tomorrow or next week, TODAY, that is changing. No more eating for the hell of it, and SOME exercise at least each day. Yesterday I did the 50 min return walk to the shops twice LOL.

Anyway, to pup. The day before the wedding we had people around dropping Allan off after his bucks night (now THERE'S a story and a half. Let's just say the boys learned a lesson about buyer beware when paying for a lap dance from the 'dominatrix'. The bloke still has marks on his bum LOL). So... puppy.. day before wedding, he was running around like a mad thing because there were people around and apparently he hit his toe on a rock. It swelled up and he was limping, but I thought I'd give it a day or two to see if it resolved, but as of Tuesday it still wasn't going down (but he had stopped limping and was jumping around as per usual) so I took him to the vet to be sure. They didn't think it was broken - he was walking on it, no limping and not overly distressed when you touched it. Then we had him fixed this Tuesday and while under the anaesthetic they had another look, did an xray and low and behold if his toe wasn't completely snapped through. In two bits. Poor brave puppy. So now it's all in a splint and bandaged to allow it to be still enough to heal and I have to make sure he doesn't get it wet. Or chew it off. And now he has a bucket on his head to stop him licking the stitches in his 'bits'. :lol:

Anyhoo, that's enough from me. Here's some pics!

Being given my bouquet by almost hubby

During the ceremony

Afterwards with hubby

With friends - I haven't uploaded a photo of the full group yet

Bubbles!! One of my fave photos

With my sis

The 'waltz'

Oh, and I don't think I posted any from the hens night
Lazer skirmish (awesome fun)

Dinner was a horse theme. they dressed me as a cowgirl LOL

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Yogi-Bear » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:50 pm

dawn,

you sure are a looker. in some photo's you look so vulnerable, in others that almost handsome intelligent strength...

have you got a bit of celt in your blood

best wishes from canada. i have some good shots and will try and work out how to post them. good luck and none of that
; i have my man now i can let myself go. i know you wont..
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Next

Return to Almost there