It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:56 am

Free Newsletter

Ella is 'Almost There'... AGAIN!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Ella is 'Almost There'... AGAIN!

Postby loveat116 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:19 am

Weight This Morning: 56.1kg
AFTER breakfast
AFTER my morning walk.
NOT GOOD.

I really need to get in control of my eating again.
I just feel so out of control... I am binging on whatever I can find and its not good.

I have gone from 53.9kg to 56.1kg in 2 weeks.
I need to get back under goal!
SO!
I am going to go hardcore.
I am going to cut out ALL JUNK. ALL CHOCOLATES. ALL LOLLIES.
I am going to stick to WHOLE FOODS.

I want to feel comfortable again!

Today's Food
Breakfast: Crunchy Nut Cornflakes + Milk (last day for this.. must get back into my oatmeal) 7am
Lunch: Mixed Vegetables - Pumpkin, Broccolli & Carrot + Newmans Light Honey Mustard Dressing 1pm
Snack: Cucumber & Carrot Pieces with Balsamic Vinegar
Dinner: Meat and Steamed Vegies

Today's Exercise:
45 Minute Walk - 179 Calories Burnt

I am keeping everything on an excel spreadsheet, precise calories in and out, calorie defecits, my weight every day... I really need to get organised and not let my eating get out of control!

My weaknesses (and oh my there are many)
Cadbury Creme Eggs
Terry's Chocolate Oranges
Choc Chip Hot Cross Buns
Chocolate of any kind
Lollies of any kind
Takeaways (maccas, kfc anything)

I seem to not know when to stop.
I am going to my doctor today, I have had sleep problems for over a month now.. I am thinking that might be why I have an increase in appetite? Will find out...
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Re: Ella is 'Almost There'... AGAIN!

Postby loveat116 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:44 pm

UPDATE:
I have decided I will not be eating ANY junk until Easter Sunday.
I have an easter breakfast on Thursday morning for work, I have decided I will have a choc chip hot cross bun (people will start asking questions if I dont eat) and that shall be my breakfast! (they are about 250 cal by the way)

And then on Easter Sunday I can eat SOME chocolate. My mum and dad are getting me one of those casket things with the egg and chocolates (not much which is good), so I am thinking I will just keep that aside and eat the choccies from the boy.

FOODS THAT ARE GOOD THIS WEEK:
Vegetables! I can bring these to work in a container and heat them up
- Carrots, Pumpkin, Broccollini, Peas, Corn, Potato
Then add a low cal cheese sauce to them. I tried light Honey mustard today but didn't taste nice...
Vegetables as snacks! Carrot & Cucumber with Balsamic Vinegar is sooo yum!
Cup-A-Soups & Canned Soup. I always go for a reduced sodium variety. These fill me up heaps.
Grilled Meat and Salad. Put seasonings on the outside to give it a bit of taste!
With salads... I bought a French Dressing spray on salad dressing, only 1 cal per spray! And I really only like french
Tinned Tuna on Cruskits - not very filling but tasty and a good source of protein
Grilled Chicken with Slice Free Cheese, with tomato pasta sauce (i read that on here)
Fruits! And fruit smoothies.
Coffee and sweetner are OK, but only one per day
Diet Desserts (like the creme brulee at 328kj!) and Caramel Le Rice (yes they are sweet... but lower in cal)
Probably more but thats the gist of it!

QUESTIONS!! PLEASE HELP:
I need better ways to cook vegetables! Steaming them really doesn't taste nice... or im not doing it right? Pumpkin especially tastes bad steamed... maybe I should get an actual steamer?

loveat116

Postby Tarz » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:12 pm

Hi Ella,

One way you can cook them is cut them into small cubes (all your vegies) and cook on a frypan with a little bit of spray oil. cook pumpkin and potato first they take longer. If you want brocolli in there steam, it or blanch it first then add to the already cooked vegies. I love doing this, i also add a bit of chicken if i want a bit of meat and drizzle sweet chilli sauce overtop.
You can also roast them, stick them in a baking dish and in the oven, no spray oil is needed. And don't forget stirfrying them. Hopes this helps. Stirfrying will probably keep the most nutrients.
Tarz

Postby Sussy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:12 pm

Hey Ella,

don't be too hard on yourself, i'm the same though, Easter is my weakness...all that chocolate (sigh)

Goodluck, you've done so well, i'm sure you'll be back on track and back to your goal in no time.

Doesn't it suck how hard it is to lose the weight, but how easy it is to gain it. :evil:

Cheers mate

Suse
Sussy

Postby loveat116 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:30 pm

Tarz wrote:Hi Ella,

One way you can cook them is cut them into small cubes (all your vegies) and cook on a frypan with a little bit of spray oil. cook pumpkin and potato first they take longer. If you want brocolli in there steam, it or blanch it first then add to the already cooked vegies. I love doing this, i also add a bit of chicken if i want a bit of meat and drizzle sweet chilli sauce overtop.
You can also roast them, stick them in a baking dish and in the oven, no spray oil is needed. And don't forget stirfrying them. Hopes this helps. Stirfrying will probably keep the most nutrients.

I might try that actually. Potato and Pumpkin just taste so eeew when you steam them!
And also I am going to be reheating them, so this will be OK to reheat???

loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:31 pm

Sussy wrote:Hey Ella,

don't be too hard on yourself, i'm the same though, Easter is my weakness...all that chocolate (sigh)

Goodluck, you've done so well, i'm sure you'll be back on track and back to your goal in no time.

Doesn't it suck how hard it is to lose the weight, but how easy it is to gain it. :evil:

Cheers mate

Suse

Thanks!

I believe easter is worse for me than christmas. Especially with my cadbury creme egg addiction!

Well its 4:30 and i haven't eaten any junk yet! Must be a record for me lol.
I had a vanilla yoghurt (80 cal for 200g!) as a snack... that has filled me up hopefull until dinner!

loveat116

Postby electrongirl » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:23 pm

I bake my veges with a drizzle of olive oil as we have to have some form of pouring oil everyday. And they are yummmm!!

I bake sweet potato, baby potatoes, garlic cloves, baby onions, zucchini, baby squash etc
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby loveat116 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:12 am

No lollies yesterday!

I had a deli roll from maccas last night (was 1600kj though!) but I thought that was a good decision. Had a diet creme caramel too.

GOOD DAY!

Today:
Pre Walk: 3/4 Serving of Crunchy nut with a dash ofmilk
Breakfast: Oatmeal
Lunch: Pasta & Chicken Soup
Snacks: Diet Vanilla Yoghurt + Cucumber and Carrot with Balsamic
Dinner: Unsure...

Exercise: 40 Minute Walk 4.5km!

loveat116

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:02 pm

Ella, you will get back to your maintenance goal.

Your plan of action sounds great and very doable!

Lucky I hate those cream-eggs, for some strange reason I always associate them to eating a raw egg :lol: :roll:. I'm so lucky my parents and family don't believe in giving easter eggs as presents over easter so I don't have temptation of all that chocolate around. I am weaked willed when it comes to chocolate :lol:
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby loveat116 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:14 pm

HappyBella55 wrote:Ella, you will get back to your maintenance goal.

Your plan of action sounds great and very doable!

Lucky I hate those cream-eggs, for some strange reason I always associate them to eating a raw egg :lol: :roll:. I'm so lucky my parents and family don't believe in giving easter eggs as presents over easter so I don't have temptation of all that chocolate around. I am weaked willed when it comes to chocolate :lol:

Me too! I have absolutly NO control when it comes to chocolate!

On a healthy note. My pasta & chicken soup is yummy! Its a country ladle ready to serve soup and its delish! rare for a canned soup

loveat116

Postby SarahC » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Hi Ella. Sorry to hear that, but welcome back! Good on you for getting straight onto it and getting things under control. That is a really great ability to have, to recognise when things are going off track and fix it straight away. You'll be back at goal in no time :D
SarahC

Postby loveat116 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm

SarahC wrote:Hi Ella. Sorry to hear that, but welcome back! Good on you for getting straight onto it and getting things under control. That is a really great ability to have, to recognise when things are going off track and fix it straight away. You'll be back at goal in no time :D

Thanks Sarah!

I really dont want it to get out of hand and ruin all teh work I have done!

Hopefully some of the weight is water weight from TTOM. Cause you just don't gain a kilo overnight!

Its nearly 4:30pm and I havent touched a lolly! Despite a massive bowl of them sitting right outside my office. I dont even crave them! I had my yoghurt (i love how its onlu 80 calories!) and that gave me a little sugar fix. Thats low GI so that should get me through to dinner. Not sure what dinner will be yet. Might fix something up when I get home from tafe tonight.

Bought the sweetest dress to wear to a film festival this thursday!

I just dont know what to wear over it! I might wear a little tshirt underneath actually... thats what the model was wearing in the store. Them i dont need a jacket. Opinions are welcome :D

loveat116

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:40 pm

loveat116 wrote:
Me too! I have absolutly NO control when it comes to chocolate!

OMG me too hehehehehe.

The great thing that's happened though is that I haven't found myself wanting any, which doesn't mean I don't like it, I love the stuff :lol: . So not wanting any = not having any :D . Only time know is during TTOM and I allow myself to indulge (not go overboard). I find it so hard to believe when people say 'I hate chocolate'. I'm such a chocolate lover!

Sarah - that's really good advice. It's definitely good to be able to recognise and put a stop to things before the become to out of control.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:45 pm

Love the dress Ella.

If I was wearing it, I would wear it with opaque tights and killer hills with a cute little clutch.

Would the t-shirt be under dressed for a movie premier? OK I'm thinking some glamorous do hahahaha. But if its just your regular movie premiere then definitely wear it with a t-shirt. I do that with my strapless dresses. It looks so cute and funky. And with a nice pair of flats and big bag.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

HappyBella55

Postby loveat116 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:24 pm

HappyBella55 wrote:Love the dress Ella.

If I was wearing it, I would wear it with opaque tights and killer hills with a cute little clutch.

Would the t-shirt be under dressed for a movie premier? OK I'm thinking some glamorous do hahahaha. But if its just your regular movie premiere then definitely wear it with a t-shirt. I do that with my strapless dresses. It looks so cute and funky. And with a nice pair of flats and big bag.

Its a short film festival showing, then drinks after! So its not a huge glamourous thing! Its at a little cinema, will be a small event.

Here is a pic with the tshirt

Here is one without - BUT HAVE NO JACKET GRRR

loveat116

Next

Return to Almost there