It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:27 am

Free Newsletter

can't believe it!!!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

can't believe it!!!

Postby nutzy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:37 am

I can't believe that I have actually under 10kgs left to lose - I am now 8.7kgs to goal weight and my bmi is about 25. It certainly feels that it has taken yeeaaarrs but in fact 7 months to lose a total of 12.3kgs. How long is that? And I stuck meticulously to the diet as well! But anyway, here I am, with under 10kgs to go. I will be in 7th Heaven when I only have 5kgs to go - which will probably take another 7 months - groan!!! - as I am only losing a couple of hundred grams a week now instead of the usual 2.5kgs that I was losing in the early months. :D

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Re: can't believe it!!!

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:47 pm

Hi Pam.

Wow, you certainly did have big losses early on in your weight loss. I was the complete opposite, losing little numbers and them some weeks not losing any at all. Now that my focus has changed to my running and not my weight surprisingly the weight is just coming off, and I'm eating more to boot :D , more of the good food around 15-1600 cals per day instead of the 1340cals calorie king had me on.

Try not to be too hard on yourself for not losing the weight any quicker. This is not a race. You want to to be a permanent loss so the longer it takes to lose you will know it won't come back on just as quick. There is some debate amongst practitioners, nutritionist and dietitians that we should aim for a 1kg loss per month. This is good as its pure fat loss and not water and muscle loss and results in permanent weight loss.

Try not to worry buddy, even if it does take you longer than expected everything you will be doing in the process will be helping your body, which it will be thankful for :D.

Good luck with your last 5kilos.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Re: can't believe it!!!

Postby nutzy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:42 pm

7kgs to go! The grams are adding up - or taking away, which ever way you want to look at it! This week I have been eating a bit more "normally" and less "diet" coz hubby has had it up to the eyeballs with the diet food. Not that he's eating tuna and lettuce at all, but I have been cooking from the diet recipe book and it's not really his taste. He doesn't like spicy or very herby tasting food, and says that everything is bitter, so I've gone back to normal to give his taste buds a break, poor lad. :D

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Return to Almost there