It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:58 am

Free Newsletter

Tara is closing in on the goal!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Tara is closing in on the goal!

Postby Tarz » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:01 am

So I have been on here for about 3 months and have lost 9.5kg which is great but I can feel my body saying "hey you have run me ragged for ther past 3 months, feed me crap and let me sleep!" SO I need a shake up because otherwise I am going to lose motivation and I don't want that. Here is my progress so far:

Week 1 - 88kg
Week 2 - 86.7kg (-1.3kg)
Week 3 - 85.5kg (-1.2kg)
Week 4 - 84.3KG (-1.2kg)
Week 5 - 83.5kg (-0.8kg)
Week 6 - 83.0kg (-0.5kg)
Week 7 - 80.3kg (-2.7kg)
Week 8 - 80.2kg (-0.1kg)
Week 9 - 80.5kg (+0.3kg)
Week 10 - 79.5kg (-1.0kg)
Week 11 - 78.5kg (-1.0kg)
Week 12 - find out this saturday.

Goal is still 70kg, then when I reach there I will reasses. At the moment i still feel I have a lot to lose. I know I will always have a big butt, but if thats the case I would like a Beyonce butt! I will be a white Beyonce! Minus the boobs and the fantstic voice and ability to dance sexy :P

I started my gym membership on Tuesday so have come up with this exercise routine:
Monday: 30 minutes cardio 20 minutes strength
Tuesday: 60 minutes cardio
Wednesday: 30 minutes cardio 20 minutes strength
Thursday: Hockey training so 60 minutes cardio
Friday: Rest - will most likely go out :D
Saturday: 30 minutes cardio 20 minutes strength
Sunday: 60 minutes cardio

I will see a personal trainer in the next 2 weeks to get a good strength schedule. Can't afford to see one all the time, its $400 for 10 sessions.

Eating has been good so far, portion sizes are being controlled. Have eaten breakfast everyday, increased my meat intake because iron was low. and been drinking close to 3 litres of water everyday.

Going to go to the doctors next week to get my blood pressure checked (I have always had slightly high blood pressure), get my iron levels checked, get the dreaded girly test done (I am 21 and never gotten it done even though I am long over due for one - just scared and embarrassed) and try to get the cervical cancer needle (I hate needles too).

I think that is it. I have decided I am going home at lunch time to get my horrible before photos, and I will take one of myself and post them today. I am doing it. I am halfway to my goal! I have less then 10kg to go! I am lighter then I ever remember being! I am taking the pressure of the scales!
Tarz

Re: Tara is closing in on the goal!

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:36 pm

WOWZERS ! :shock:

So many people are nearing their goal weight !! You should be so incredibly proud of yourself hun !! I can't wait till I only have 8.5kgs till I reach goal !!

YOU ROCK :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby electrongirl » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:07 pm

you have done so well! And you are really taking care of yourself too! Fantastic!

You have great willpower and determination!! Got any to spare?? haha

Seriously you sound very mature in your approach to this and thats awesome!!

And don't worry about the girly test, its not that bad!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Tarz » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:20 pm

Okay so I went home over lunch and dragged off two recent photos of myself (and they are horrible!) and I also took two more photos of myself to show the difference.

Photo 1
My face! This photo was taken when I went to Dubbo in October. I had gotten engaged 3 days before hand. This photo really made me disgusted at myself.

Photo 2
My face again. Just took this about 30minutes ago.

Photo 3
The full body shot.
Took this photo on the Australia day long weekend when I went camping so it is pretty much when I officially started to lose weight. I can't belive I wore those shorts in public! Its disgracful!

Photo 4
The full body shot I took 30 minutes ago. Put the same shorts on as the last photo to show difference. Take note of how much looser the shorts are! :mrgreen:

And the final photo I had to put on. This is me and my fiance Sam about a month ago. A friend of ours did photography at the Sydney art school and took nice photos for us for my birthday (even though my birthday was August last year!) I really like this photo.

Well thats me, nice to meet you all face to face :mrgreen:
Next lot of photos I post will hopefully be of a skinny me being able to wear shorts and make them look goooood!
Tarz

Postby electrongirl » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:33 pm

wow! You look fantastic! Don't you love it when clothes start getting too big!! Love it!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:29 pm

Wow Tara :D You look great!

You've had losses every week. Great going girl!!

Doesn't it feel great knowing your old clothes are too big :D .
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Tarz » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:14 pm

Just a quick weigh in.

79.0kg, what the hell! WEIGHT GO DOWN NOT UP!!!!
Tarz

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:37 pm

:( try not to stress darl. 500gs, it's probably fluid retention or something. If its not you'll kick that 500g in the butt and then some :D

Have a great weekend. :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Tarz » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:44 am

I'm not gonna stress about it because it is in the past, you can't changed what has happened but you can change what will happen so i am gonna look forward to next Saturdays weigh in.

Had a big blow out on Saturday! Was not impressed with myself. It involved, full fat yogurt for breakfast, chinese for lunch (love the noodle bar at DJ in Sydney) pizza! and chips with gravy and a cheeseburger and small fries at about midnight! But i made up for it. Even though i didn't get to bed till 3am Sunday morning i forced my self up at 8:30 and went to the gym. Did an hour of cardio sweated so much! plus strength and walked to and from the gym (about 1.2 kms each way) and all day all i ate was toasted tuna sandwich for brekki, protein shake after the gym, subway at the footy and my first taste of sushi for dinner just one roll (wasn't real fussed)and a billabong as a before bed treat.

When i woke up this morning i jumped on the scale and am happy to say i am back down to 78.8 but i will be adjusting my ticker back to 79 when i get home because thats what my weight was saturday.

I have my indoor netball semi final tonight. We did not expect to make it but apparently we played better then we thought. So hoping to have a blinder of a game tonight.
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:04 am

We won the semi final last night!!!! 24-21 and are playing the grandfinal next Monday!!!! But i can't play :x I have already made plans for Monday night that i have been so excited about!!!!! I don't know which to do, my friend suggested i flip a coin. But its more of a case of i want to do one more then the other but feel obligated to do the other! arrggghhh! Well i better make my mind up soon!
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:11 am

So i made my decision. I will not be going to netball next Monday. I shouldn't feel obligated to do so. I have been looking forward to what i had planned. Plus our team was breaking up and we never expected to get there, why should i feel obligated to go when half of the team wasn't turning up during the comp? (i'm still convincing myself that i have made the right decision)
Having trouble with my left foot, started on Thursday last week and has been getting worse everyday. It feels swollen but actually isn't and i think its just the muscle in my ankle. I have been powering on through the pain at the gym which probably isn't helping but if i can keep going until i go away to Fiji it can rest there. (if it does get worse i will rest it before going i just really want to reach 75 or 76 kg before going) This morning i found it hard to walk on properly but as soon as i put my heels on, the pain disapeared! Only could feel it when stretching my foot out. Guess i'll just have to keep wearing heels!
I did a step class at the gym last night and the instructor said i kept up really well considereing it was my first class and i did what everyone else was doing but didn't feel as tired as everybody else looked. I was sweating like crazy but didn't feel tired! Does that mean i am getting fitter or not doing it properly?
Tarz

Postby Cac33 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:40 am

Congrats on moving over to the "Almost there" section. Must feel good!

Watch out for your foot, maybe just do some lighter exercises for now & incorporate upper body stuff so your still burning cals. You don't want to over do it & cause more damage.

In regards to the class I think you must be getting fitter, I think the instructor would have told you if you were doing it wrong rather than congratulating you on keeping up.

Hey Tara its so good to finally put a face to the name. Well done on the shorts & your legs look much more toned!
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Tarz » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:29 am

I need to vent!

I haven't told many people at all that I am trying to lose weight mainly because I hate the word diet. But there have been a select few I have told. Mum, fiance, room mate and a co-worker cos she is trying to lose weight for her wedding at the end of the year. But I had two things happen in the same week that I did not like:

On Tuesday one of the guys at work commented that I looked different and that it wasn't my hair and my co-worker that I had told her I was trying to lose weight heard him and commented at the top of her voice that I am on a diet! In front of EVERYONE!!!!! I couldn't believe it and now anytime I mention anything like chocolate I get told I can't do that if I want to lose weight. What I do is no one elses business! There are some things i like to keep private. I don't want people talking about me on their lunch break! "Did you hear Tara's on a diet?" :x

Then Wednesday evening I was having a look around on the forum at home when my fiances brother came over. They were out on the balcony so I wasn't worried about anyone looking at what I am doing. (Fiance knows about the forum but he and my roomate know do not look over my shoulder and read what I am looking at or I will scream at you. I hate people being nosey. its my business not theirs) well his brother suddenly came inside again (I didn't hear him) and he looked at the screen and laughs really loud "Weight loss forum hahahahahahaha, your on a diet hahahahahahaha" :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x
Sam and our room mate froze and looked paniced at what i'd do. And with as much restraint as possible I told him off and I think he really regreted what he did and disappeared pretty quickly. I do not deserve to be laughed at because I am making myself healthier. I shouldn't feel embarassed about it either. Its people like him that have made me hate the word diet. I feel like I am being laughed any time there is mention of that word. It makes me feel censored that I got to the size I was.

Has anyone else had this happen to them or feel the same? And how do you handle it? I can't go off at every person that mentions diet to me and I can't let it bottle up in me cos I will get to a point were I will go and binge eat!

Sorry had to get that out it has been building up. Now to finish on a good note because recounting it has gotten me fired up again.
Hockey traing went well yesterday, my coach has decided to focus on me which is great because my last coach would only focus on his son or the star players! And my first game is on Saturday! woohoo.
Also I think my portion problem is getting better. Last night we had pasta bake (which I love) and I had a cereal bowl with one serving spoon in it. and I picked out all the sausage cos I just couldn't stand it. What I ate last night was less then half of what I used to have!. So from now on no big plates and pasta bowls just small plates and cereal bowls. :D

Alright feeling a bit happier. But still feel like slapping Sams brother! :twisted:
Tarz

Postby Cac33 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:29 am

Oh Tara I think I would have slapped both of them especially Sams brother! Well done on having the self control not to. I know what you mean about keeping it to yourself & not broadcasting that you're trying to loose weight. It's up to you who you tell & who you don't. Try not to worry about your work collegues they will soon have something more interesting to talk about than you eating healthily. Also I don't think Sam's brother will ever dare to say another bad word about it again.

Chin up matey & you can just prove to them all by your shrinking body then everyone will be asking what you have been doing differently.

On another note its good that a guy noticed the change because boys are hopeless & usually don't notice a change even after it has been pointed out to them.

Thats great that the hockey coach gave you more attention & one last thing well done on the pasta bake portion size!! You're going great.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:36 am

Sorry to hear you're surrounded by such negative people! I'm lucky that most of the people I know are also on diets, have been on diets in the past or know people who are dieting so it's no big deal to them.

Maybe rather than keeping it as a secret you should treat it as no big deal too (at least after people find out). Whenever someone tells you off for having some chocolate point out all the research that says that having treats in moderation that are factored into your daily calorie intake is actually better than cutting them out completely. That way you're less likely to binge and you can look upon your diet as a life-long change that you can live comfortably with. Treat it in a non-value-laden way. If someone were to ask me why I don't use ventolin regularly for my asthma I'd point out the reasons in an informative way. Perhaps by treating your diet simply as another health issue that people are often misinformed about it will stop people casting judgments on you. You might even be able to turn this into a positive situation if you can recruit your workmates into a support network or cheer squad!

Of course that will only help if you're surrounded by people who aren't absolute jerks.

Above all I'm sorry someone let the cat out of the bag at work. If you prefer your diet to be a personal thing then it must be hugely irritating that people now know.
EvilWombatQueen

Next

Return to Almost there