It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Tara is closing in on the goal!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Tara is closing in on the goal!

Postby Sussy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:28 pm

See. :lol:
Sussy

Postby Tarz » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:42 pm

Went to the gym again yesterday - Yay did my running and then some cross trainer but wasn't able to stay to long becasue they were having a low fat cooking demo and made pancakes that smelt so good that it was hard to concentrate and my stomach started to get hungry. So packed up to leave and tried a piece of pancake on my way out and it wasn't very good!
I'm still trying to cut carbs down at night, only had a very small amount of pasta (only becasue Sam insisted we have some pasta with the chicken) but i made sure i piled my plate with veg.
Everything seems to be going pretty good for me at the moment (knock on wood).
I realised the other day that in 19 days was when i originally said i would like to be at my goal of 70kilos, i may not be at it but i am pretty damn close and happy about that. I think i want to be at my end goal by March 20 next year. That gives me 7 months to get to a point that i am really happy with my body. I chose then because its one year out from my wedding and i can start dress shopping then. :mrgreen:
Tarz

Postby candycane » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:51 pm

your doing really well lovey. Keep up the exercise n the last 3 kilos will fly off (and they shall be pure fat!) its always those last few hey :)

xx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby ali76 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:57 pm

Ooohh....wedding dress shopping! How exciting!

I'm so proud of you for the decisions your making...you can see that this is definately a life style change for you and you'll never go back - and isn't that the whole point of this?!

The way you're going you'll be at goal in no time...and doing it the healthy way! :mrgreen:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby hippy_shake » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:49 am

That must be such a great feeling of setting a goal and being well on your way to achieving it!! :D Go you!
Any idea what kinda style of dress you'll be looking for? Never too early to start :P
Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!
Love, Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:40 am

Good luck with cutting down your carbs in the evenings. If you find any tips that work for you feel free to pass them my way!

You're doing really well Tara. Keep up the good work!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Tarz » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:07 am

Okay so i had just written a post and when i went to look back decided it was way to long! SO i will give a quick run down of what happened over the past few days:
:arrow: Friday exercised at lot in the arvo (increased run) came home to cook dinner and nearly passed out :oops:
:arrow: Recovered after eating and went out, trodged back home at 5am
:arrow: slept al sat morn 8)
:arrow: bbq at parents, lots of wedding talk, lots of yummy bean salad, avoided sausages but could not avoid delicous home made lemon tart :twisted:
:arrow: did nothing all day yesterday, even played sims
:arrow: made curried lentil stew for this weeks lunch and its yummy!
:arrow: having issues with foot again :x will see how it goes tonight at the gym

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Good luck with cutting down your carbs in the evenings. If you find any tips that work for you feel free to pass them my way!

I have avoided potatos and rice like the plague! And its working so far.

hippy_shake wrote:Any idea what kinda style of dress you'll be looking for? Never too early to start

Not to puffy - i don't wanna look like a mirangue. I actually have no idea what i want and will have to wait till i start shopping, but i will be looking for something completely different from my bro's missus dress - they decided to get married 5 months before us.

Enjoy your monday everyone.
Tarz

Postby Sussy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:56 am

You'll know when you try it on which one you want and it might even be not the one you think you would ever go for.....what a great motivator though...was for me!!!

Sounded like a busy last few days, i envy your sleeping in all Sat morning....ahhh i remember those days, and even going out till 5am...ahhh i remember them too hehe. I think you earned your Sunday off....
Hope your foot is ok.

Suse
Sussy

Postby candycane » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:48 pm

lentils stew? from the fernwood magazine?

You sounded like you had a massive weekend. I agree puffy dresses are uncool!

summer in only 15 weeks :/ i'll have to let the bf kno (he's put on a little and i think he's concerned about it lol i dont care) how's your man with the wedding preps? Are you going to have a traditional wedding in fiji (is it?) as well?

you go girl with the lack of carbs. Im great through the week, come the weekend i go bad :oops: hehe take care lovey
candycane

Postby matchbox » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:36 pm

hey tara, how's it going? hope all is well. good to see you resisted those evil sausages :evil: but they're so yummy! hehe. you're going so well and you'll be at goal in no time :) congrats chikki :) keep kicking butt :wink: (oh and don't stress about the tart - i'm sure it was good!!)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Tarz » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Sussy wrote:i envy your sleeping in all Sat morning....ahhh i remember those days, and even going out till 5am...ahhh i remember them too hehe

I don't think it was very helpful sleep, between the cat playing with my feet or sniffing my face every 10 minutes checking if i was still alive and the phone ring every hour it was very broken sleep. I just love the feeling of being able to stay there and not get up at all.
candycane wrote:lentils stew? from the fernwood magazine?

You sounded like you had a massive weekend. I agree puffy dresses are uncool!

summer in only 15 weeks :/ i'll have to let the bf kno (he's put on a little and i think he's concerned about it lol i dont care) how's your man with the wedding preps? Are you going to have a traditional wedding in fiji (is it?) as well?

not from the fernwood mag, i left the mag at work so i couldn't make it. I posted the recipe on the forum, its soo yummy and has lots of veg. So easy and so tasty!
Sam pretty good with wedding preps. He puts in his 2 cents and i say no (joking) i told him he gets full choice over the car but it can't be a terana, holden VLs, ugly, pink, has to have a top and i get the final yes or no..... i guess he gets some say over the car then hehe. We chose the reception together, i am taking charge of all ceremony stuff cos thats my thing and the rest we are doing together. We are doing a second ceremony in Fiji that will be hindi. I will be wearing a sari, everyone will be speaking in hindi and it will take 3 days for it all to happen. That will be a week after the wedding here. Lots of my family are coming with over to Fiji for it.
Should be exciting.
Tarz

Postby ali76 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:45 pm

I'm really envious of your traditional wedding in Fiji Tarz...it sounds gorgeous!

Good on you for resisting the snags...I don't like much red meat but snags on the barbie....yuummm...!!!

I think I'm going to go and have a look at your soup recipe...I've been getting into cooking lately (SO unlike me!) so I might cook some up for my lunches too...something nice and warm and healthy!!

Oh yeah - is your boss back yet?
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby candycane » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:57 am

Oh tara that sounds absolutely amazing :) i remember how great you looked in the pics from sam's families wedding. You will look beautiful :) how fun to have two weddings! i don't env the planning though. I think i'll delegate that to the mums if i get married (i should say when shouldnt i hehehe).

i hope that everything goes great. im off to check out the lentil recipe, i saw your mini meatloafy things which looks yummy as so i want to make those too :)

xx
candycane

Postby ali76 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:59 am

How goes it my lovely? Whats the update? :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby Tarz » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:09 am

No real update, had a really shite week so exercise has taken a back seat. Eating i have been doing my darndest but people have sabotaged it (yes i am blaming other people for bring white choc into our apartment and chips etc) But i am confident that as my mood improves so will exercise and diet, i've just been in a slump all week.

Gotta say i bought a pack of the Hamish and Andy gravy chip yesterday and i don't see what all the hype was about, i don't think they tasted like gravy, i thought they tasted like chicken chips....

candycane wrote:Oh tara that sounds absolutely amazing i remember how great you looked in the pics from sam's families wedding. You will look beautiful how fun to have two weddings! i don't env the planning though. I think i'll delegate that to the mums if i get married (i should say when shouldnt i hehehe).

i hope that everything goes great. im off to check out the lentil recipe, i saw your mini meatloafy things which looks yummy as so i want to make those too

We don't have to plan the Fiji wedding, Sams grandad will be doing that but sam does want to go over in Oct bnext year to see how organising is going.

The curried lentil stew is YUMMY! i bought more ingredients for it yesterday to make again. and Sam loved the meatloaves, he took them to work and all the boys loved them too. I was shocked cos they were healthy!!!!!!

I have my hockey semi final tomorrow, most likely our last game - i don't think we will win but i will play my heart out, i'll be inspired by the hockeyroos and kookaburras cos they are both on fire! I'm loving the olympics (even though it had me up till 12 watching the hockey last night).

Have a great weekend all.
Tarz

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there