It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:54 am

Free Newsletter

Tara is closing in on the goal!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Tara is closing in on the goal!

Postby Strawberry » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:10 pm

i'm jumping in with the happy belated birthday :) hope u had a wonderful day.
Strawberry

Postby ali76 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:52 am

Tarz....I'm getting a bit impatient waiting to hear about your birthday!!

Where are you?!?!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby candycane » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:07 pm

she's sleeping it off!! hahaha
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Tarz » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:07 pm

candycane wrote:she's sleeping it off!! hahaha

I hear that way to often, anyone would think I was an alco! :lol:

Just been super busy lately and on top of that can't go anywhere without tissues because i have been struck down with the flu AGAIN! Seriously i think i have gotten it 3 or 4 times already this year! I never use to get sick, why do i now when i eat properly and should definately have the vitamins i need!

Anyway, birthday was good, nothing amazing, actually was pretty much a normal day, plenty of work to do. We didn't have much food in the house so sam made curry (which is pretty normal) and we didn't have enuough money to go out because we spent it all on the weekend drinking :oops:
So apart from my phone constantly going off and the "you don't have to do the dishes tonight" it just felt like a normal night. I bought myself dessert but, strawberrries and frushe, yumm, so much nicer then cake (which i had earlier in the arvo at work)

Sorry to everyone for not being able to catch up on threads, i haven't got much time to even scratch myself lately, i'm off to a meeting this afternoon that won't finish till five when all i want to do is go home to bed with my tissues. Then off to the football tonight cos its the last home game for this season (only because we won't make it to the finals) then tomorrow i will need to mentally prepare myself for the next 24hours, its my brothers engagement party and all my family will be there and there will be lots of alcohol and lots of really off jokes and big hangover on Sunday which should do great for how i am feeling so i am predicting a sickie on Monday, if that happens i will catch up on everyones threads.

Apart from that have a great weekend everyone and hopefully i will be at home on Monday *cough cough* and catch up properly with you all then.
Tarz

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:45 pm

Happy birthday Tara for last week! Sounds like you had a nice quiet one :)

How did the engagement end up going? How did you manage your drinking and food intake? hehe events are never healthy!

Cheers
MissMinx
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Tarz » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:56 pm

Well engagement party was intersesting. I don't know why but i had people coming to me all night with their problems! Don't understand why they chose me, sorta brought my night down abit hearing about so many problems, but i did keep the mood up by getting the fun songs going (nutbush, macarena and 5,6,7,8) I even had a dance off with one of my brothers fiances gay friends. He was a hoot!

Here are a few of the comments i got: Where did the rest of you go? you look like a telegraph pole :? :shock: you lost your bum etc

Anyway, won't be updating in this thread much during September, i will mainly be in anothere thread called Tara is gonna show September whose boss. Its me attempting to get back into it, gonna write everything that i eat down, even if i have a tic tac its going down, i'm gonna shame myself back into exercise.
Tarz

Postby hippy_shake » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:55 pm

Hey I don't know if you use calorie king but theres a challenge on their forums at the moment called 'Burn Baby Burn- September Challenge' where we're recording our minutes of exercise and calorie expenditure for the month- for anyone with a competitive streak its fantastic and has made me do at least and extra hour of exercise so far and its only been going for 3 days, but anyway its worth checking out if you need some motivation for september.

Those are great compliments...lol where'd your bum go :) must have made you smile!
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Strawberry » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:09 pm

good luck with ur september challenge!!
you can do it!!
Strawberry

Postby MissMinx » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:19 pm

All the best Tara!!!! Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Sussy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:35 am

What section is your new thread in?
Sussy

Postby Tarz » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:01 am

I hope this works

http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15603

If that didn't work i think i put it in the daily exercise section.
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:04 pm

Well time to dust off this thread while it has its month off in hybernation.
As i said, Sept was a success, had its ups and downs like evry other month but i came out happy because the morning staff at my gym now know my name.
Also am getting into the Sunday monrning habit of going to the markets to get fruit and veg. I currently have a fijian Kava bowl filled with mangos, banana,s kiwi fruit and apples. MMMM yum.

I'm gonna have a goal for October. My goal is to continue on with going to the gym 4 mornings during the week plus 1 evening minimum. To continue eating properly obviously and if i do stick to it, i am treating my self to a pamper day. I'm thinking a massage and nails done or massage and hair dresser trip for a colour. If i don't stick to it i will either make myself do bootcamp or get a few pt sessions.
Tarz

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:25 pm

Nice work Tara.

Yum I love fruit and especially mangos!!

The only thing with my diet currently is that it contains no fruit, maybe 1 apple a week..only bec of the sugar content im steering away from fruit for now until i reach my goal.

Xoxoxo good luck with Oct!!

MissMinx

Postby Tarz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:31 pm

Are you sure steering away from fruit is a good idea? Maybe stick to low gi fruit like pears rather then high sugar fruits like watermelon and pineapple. Fruit is packed with so many vitamins and the fibre is very much needed. Maybe one fruit a day and in the morning to help rev you up each day. Its your choice but i couldn't give up my fruit, especialy in summer! I'm gonna have trouble limiting myself to 2 a day when peaches, apricots, mangos, dragon fruit all become readily available.
Tarz

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:46 pm

Hey Tara,
I was like this with my last diet I hardly ever ate fruit on it... I know what you mean tho...maybe I'll get some pears and have one every second day.. ideally i would love to eat it but i get too scared sometimes with the sugar levels.

We'll see I'll add some in, thanks heaps!

MissMinx

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there