It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:14 am

Free Newsletter

Tara is closing in on the goal!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Tara is closing in on the goal!

Postby candycane » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:24 am

woohoo! i start bootcamp next week. How exciting! I'm happy there's somebody 'doing it with me' :)

Awesome idea to take measurements. Thats what i've done and given the scales the flick for now. The good thing about bootcamp is it mixes up your training a bit to give ur body a suprise.

I'm also going to incorporate some more running into my routine, like 30 mins on the treadmill before a gym class or something. Its good for stripping fat.

Also im working on my carb intake again - make sure u eat it at the right time. Like some within 30 mins of a workout gets burnt up straight away and helps carry the protein to your muscles. Dont eat the carbs when ur not going to use them u know.

Ok your doing great. You'll have to post up your bootcamp successes! xx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Sussy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:11 pm

How'd you pull up for the rest of the week, are your musces sore the next day after bootcamp?

Still can't believe you're doing it, and not because YOU can't but because it's something i would NEVER do!! :D

How you going food wise, and are you still doing gym while at boot camp?

Sorry for all questions, nobody seems to be around very much anymore...just busy i know, me too.

Actually you were coming to Melb last week weren't you? How was that? We've had some good weather so it should've been nice.

Anyway just checking in with ya. :D

xoxo
Sussy

Postby MissMinx » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:25 am

CC,
So are you saying that after a big workout its best to eat food within like 30mins after? I usually eat about 1hour or 1.5hours later maximum. You think it will burn a lot faster if its closer to the end of the workout??

MMx
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby candycane » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:11 pm

thats right babe, u burn the carbs right up
candycane

Postby Tarz » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:48 pm

:x :( :x :( :x :(

Don't Quit! If you've just had an 'oops' moment, read this!
by zeedeveelgirl on Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:58 pm

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
when you feel like the biggest failure in town.
When you want to give up just because you gave in,
and forget all about being healthy and thin.
So WHAT! You went over your points a bit.
It's your next move that counts...So Don't you quit!
It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
I'ts part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
You're still going to make it, just stay in control.
To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
if you summon the will to get back in the race.
But, often the struggler's, when losing their grip,
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
And learn too late when the damage is done,
that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
but facing each challenge will help you grow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the bring, just refuse to submit.
If you bite it, you write it...But don't you quit!
Tarz

Postby Sussy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:27 am

Hey mate,

you okay?
Sussy

Postby Tarz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:38 pm

Sussy wrote:Hey mate,

you okay?

Yeah i'm ok, just in a bit of a slump. Sam's been away for a week and insteadof taking advantage of it in a good way my bestie came over for 4 days and we ate crap and drank like there is no tomorrow, had a blast but the aftermath has me feeling pretty bad. That poem the zeedevegirl put up is exactly whati need to be looking at and thinking bout. But i can't do much now cos i am in Melbourne now till Friday. Lucky me has a laptop for work ow so i am not totally detached from the rest of my world.
I hope everyone else is going well, i won'tget much chance to catch up on every one ecause were off to a pub for dinner shortly, and tomorrow night after a full day of confencing were going to gold class at crown censored, booked out the whole cinema and were having drinks and food during the movie, its gona be awesome to live like a star for an evening ad order whatever we want and as much as we want.
Anyway hope your all having a good night andchat soon.
Tarz

Postby Sussy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:10 am

Glad to hear you're okay and in my neck of the woods...hehe.

Sounds like you're having fun with all you're doing....now i'm jealous, i want to drink like a fish and live like a star. :lol:

xoxo
Sussy

Postby MissMinx » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:18 am

heheh its ok Tarz next week is a new week you will pick back up, you know you can do it!

In the meantime enjoy yourself in Melbourne and let us know how it all goes soon.

MM

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby candycane » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:14 pm

i agree tara, spend ur week having fun, you dont get to go away all the time. Dont worry about aligning it all back up until u get back to sydney and back to exercising and stuff, the eating will just follow xx enjoy yourself
candycane

Postby Tarz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:18 am

well i did have a great time down there.
Sussy wrote:i want to drink like a fish and live like a star.

We definately did that!!!!! I swear at conferences they spend more on grog then anything else. The Tuesday we were at the pub til 1am, the next night 4 of us did an all nighter at crown censored (and why not when it costs $12 for a round of 4 drinks in the members area) and the last night i went back to the hotel at 12 cos i couldn't keep up with my boss who was out til 4.30am (and i hear a few of them then ran up a fair bill on the mini bar drinks). Considering all the late nights i didn't fair to badly at all, a few red bulls and i was right as rain. Although i didn't eat much when i was there, i was just never hungry! And suprisinlgy i have been eating less again since getting back! Also been a busy busy girl. Had to fly back to Melb this morning to finish of things for the project i'm working on, hopefully it will all be sorted while i'm here, no late nights this time, i don't have my trouble making mates this time so early to bed each night.
Anyway exercise wise - Haven't gotten to the gym yet. But did go to bootcamp monday. Lots of running, distance is getting further i can do 2km without stopping, yay (although thats nothing compared to Janes 10km!but i'm still estatic with myself) Will get more exercise this weekend hopefully.
But overall not to bad.
and now not regarding weightloss etc....i booked the church this morning for my wedding WOOHOO! and yesterday i won $265 on Viewed! I put $5each way in a spare of the moment desicion and it paid off!
Tarz

Postby MissMinx » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:13 am

Hey Tarz,
Yes most conferences and seminars end up splurging so much on alco...its just another free opportunity to hits the drinks!

Glad you enjoyed yourself in melbs! You werent overly hungry during your stay here in Melb - whats wrong with you Melb has awesome food ?!?!? heheh jk, well thats good I hope I feel that way in Bali lol.

2km is definitely a good start with running! I couldnt do 2kms when i first started...it all happens over time.

When are you getting married Tarz????

MMxo

MissMinx

Postby ali76 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:37 am

I LOVE the fact you're doing Bootcamp....everyone thought I was mad :twisted: :mrgreen: :P

Are you enjoying it? Getting addicted?

Now Missy...about this 'bad' week.....enjoy it!! This whole weight loss thing isn't about being good every single day. I think it's about being good the majority of the time. If we weren't allowed to have little slip ups now and again, I don't think anyone would possibly succeed!

How long until your wedding???? YAH!!!!!

xoxoxoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Tarz » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:12 pm

OMG this month is flying by, wait no this year is flying by!
I swear there is something out there trying to prevent me from getting to a weight i want to be, but i will not let it win.
I have been doing bootcamp every monday and wednesday morning and loving it until last week, we played a game of netball (i was the captain of my team and playing fantastic IMO :lol: ) and when i caught the ball i must have landed awkwardly on my left foot because the problem i had earlier in the year has flared up again. But this time instead of listening to my local doctor i have gone to a physio and been given some exercises and stretches that should help strengthen the tendon and help prevent this problem. So fingers crossed it won't last for any where near as long and will not happen again.
So at the moment sticking to light cardio exercise and mainly doing strength.

I think i need to go back to basics and focus more on my eating. I feel like i am getting out of my good habits. I have found myself getting tired and i think its from a lack of exercise and lack of fresh food. Also need to up my water intake, its gone down.

I gotta say, i am shocked at how many new people have suddenly popped up on the forum, where am i going to find the time to catch up on them all!
Tarz

Postby candycane » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:13 am

yay :) your back. This year has flown by!! Just keep on doing what your doing, and go back to the not many carbs at night rule, u just need to get abck into the swing of things hunny. You know what to do, u just have to be strict on yourself for a week or so until u get used to it! Have u tried swimming? I seem to be telling everyone to swim lately but its the best for when u have a bad back or any sort of injury really, plus it makes u feel all relaxed after and is great cardio. I've done two swim sessions at lunch time and am really enjoying it :)
candycane

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there