It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:08 am

Free Newsletter

Tara is closing in on the goal!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Tara is closing in on the goal!

Postby Sussy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:06 pm

So thats where you've been hiding.....

Can you believe it, only 5 weeks till Christmas. :shock:

Good to see you back mate....we'll keep you on the straight and narrow. :wink:
Sussy

Postby Tarz » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:26 pm

CC - I haven't done swimming in ages, unfortunately my gym doesn't have a pool, i'm considering leaving my gym in April when my 1 yr membership is up and joing Sam's gym which is bigger, has pools, tennis courts, squash courts and spa & sauna. It has so much more and he's paying the same as me also if i join there i will be able to get him to go more, he keeps complaining he's too tired to go but its just that he hasn't got anyone to go with anymore.

I went to a music festival called Trackside down in Canberra this weekend and it was fantastic (getting warmed up for home bake then Big Day Out!). I keep finding bruises all over me from the mosh pit!

i am learning to not eat for the sake of it. I was so tired when i got home last night that i said no to having dinner, poor sam only made it because he thought i would be hungry after the 4 hour drive.

But today has been straight down i have my 1 litre bottle of water next to me on my desk and i have had a small bowl of fruit salad plus lunch will be the stir fry sam made last night.

My foots doing ok, i have been doing the stretches and exercise the physio gave me and it's doing suprisingly well, although its making my calves hurt so if i keep the exercise up i might end up with killer calves :lol:

Anyway, i hope every one had a great weekend!
Tarz

Postby ali76 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:56 pm

Tarz wrote:i am learning to not eat for the sake of it.

HOW?!?! Please teach me too!!

It sounds like you're so motivated and doing so well!! I think going to the same gym as Sam is a great idea, then you can encourage each other!

Look after that foot of yours :D

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Tarz » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:31 am

I don't know why but yesterday i was really morivated and i took advantage of it. I went to the gym to see how my foot would go and i did alot! i was there for nearly 2 hours! i got home at 8pm and thought wow!
And good news is that even though i did miss some bootcamp sessions i am allowed to do catch up sessions with another group so i am doing bootcamp this evening and tomorrow morning and i am allowed to go thursday night if i am not to sore.
Foot held up well, i wasn't able to jog for too long, it wasa bit sore at the end of it all but i think that was because i finished with the exercises i was given by the physio and was told it would be sore after doing them anyway.
Tarz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:40 am

That's a massive gym session. Good on you! That's good news about getting make-up sessions for boot camp as well. Sorry to hear your foot is still sore. I hope it gets better soon.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:44 am

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW ............................ 2 hours ! Holy Crap !!!!!!

Good on you hun ! Glad that the foot held up :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby candycane » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:28 pm

yay you gym head your just like me! I'm thinking of going twice a day now :oops: once in the morn once in the evening depending on my work load at any given time. Other than that i usually do like 2 night classes in a row. Its good they let u catch up, i'm the same :)i had to miss two for study.

Keep up the great work hope your foot feels better mwa
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Tarz » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:25 am

Well i went to the bootcamp last Tuesday night but i think the uneven ground is bad for me cos i woke up with my foot feeling a bit tender so unfortunately i have officialy quit bootcamp. I have been going to the gym still so in my defence i have been defeated by laziness but by my foot. I'm doing bigger sessions at the gym, on monday i did another long session, i went to a dance class then felt i hadn't done enough and did the body attack class. I was pooped by the end but so happy cos i did 10 pushups on my toes during the class! Thats big for me, i can never do more then 2 on my toes and drop to my knees.
I was going to do a cycle class last night but plans got changed when Sams family turned up unannounced... i hate it when people just turn up, they don't call. Our place isn't the cleanest and i usually like to do a quick tidy up if people are coming.
ANyway gotta run.
Tarz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:19 am

It sounds like the gym suits you way more than boot camp. And it's not like you're missing out on exercise!

I'll echo you in hating when people arrive unannounced. I'm too busy to clean half the time so the place looks like a bomb has hit it. It's great that my relatives have that much free time than they can do hours of housework each day and still have time left over to swing by without calling but others among us have busy schedules!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sheena » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Congrats Tara !
sheena

Postby Sussy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:26 pm

I hate it when people just turn up too, i like to have everywhere looking nice when people come over (I thought i was strange and that it was just me like this, so this is a relief :lol: )

How was Home Bake? I saw it on the news, looked like awesome weather and a tonne of fun....bet you're recovering... :wink:

Sounds like you're pumped and totally motivated again, that's great, don't worry too much about the boot camp (I could NEVER do it) like everyone else says you're still going to the gym so i'm sure that more than makes up for it anyway...and if you're going to concerts etc, i'm sure you're working up nice big sweats partying and dancing.

Keep up the good work mate. :D

Suse
xoxo
Sussy

Postby Tarz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:25 pm

Unfortunately i didn't end up going to homebake. my best mate who i was going had some stuff happen and could no longer go so i gave my ticket to my bro's missus, she was so happy to go , she was feeling left out cos she didn't get a ticket.
So i eneded up shopping on sat in the city with my mum The sun was beautiful, we walked around all day, had fruit salad from the djs bar for breakfast, yummy! i opted for a club sandwich for lunch, we walked from shop to shop then down goerge street to paddys market then up goerge street again. Had such a good day, didn't buy anything but had fun. Mum was telling me about some comments that my brothers made. They have both commented that i am getting too skinny. This comment really annoys me. I am only just in the healthy BMI, i still wobble, and i am not happy with myself. Why can't people just be happy for me and not say crap like that. Apparnelty one says i am too boney when he hugs me and the other said he doesn't like skinny girls. They may think they are being nice but i don't like it.
Anyway not much else to tell, apart from yesterday i haven't been eating to badly (yesterday i pretty much grazed all day on crap, popcorn, super doopers and i even had a dagwood dog at the markets :oops: - and it was really quite yucky so i won't do that again)
Tarz

Postby candycane » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:49 am

How's everything going tara? Foot feeling better? :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Sussy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:43 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS TARZ!! HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TOMORROW. TAKE CARE! MWAH :D XOXO
Sussy

Postby milkyway » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:24 am

Hey Tarz - how's it going? How's your foot healing? I've been out with an achillies injury for a few months myself.

The 'skinny' comments people make could come from any number of motivations - jealousy, feeling a lack of control over you/adjusting to your new physical appearance, your weightloss draws attention to their lack of weightloss, or they could be genuinely trying to be nice :?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there