It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:24 pm

Free Newsletter

matchbox's progress 2

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

matchbox's progress 2

Postby matchbox » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:22 pm

with 5.5kg to go i've moved over to the almost there section! :D

i've been doing this thing since late september/early october 2006. My 'lightbulb moment' if i can call it that was a shopping trip in mid september 06 to melbourne. there were so many gorgeous things, most of which they didn't have my size or i couldn't fit. one thing iw anted most was a guess tank top - but they were all quite small sizes and didn't go up to my size - the L even looked really small. so i was determined to lose my excess weight so i wouldn't have that problem. the pics also were horrible, i haven't shown them to anyone. it was a long time coming really - i piled on a lot of the weight when i was in yr 12 (2005) and a bit before that in yr 11. with the stress of TEE and not knowing what i wanted to do with my life. lots of assignments + stress = MAJOR overeating.

i was a bit of a chubby kid, but in yr 9 or so grew out of it a little, only to put it back on a few years later. food was always a reward, and i never knew how to deal with stress apart from eating. it's still hard sometimes but i just have to tell myself that that chocolate or icecream isn't going to fix anything and it isn't going to make me feel better about myself. so i started really getting into this thing. i've lost 2 jeans sizes already, and gone from a XL top to an M. I'd still love to go down one more size, but i'll see how it all goes :)
the main change i made was with my eating - less junk food, watchin what i eat, and really not eating so much crap just because its there or cos im at uni and there's nothing else. i also used to drink lots of coke and eat things that were quick and easy.
Since coming back from greece last july, i've been put off take away. i spent a month there and learnt how amazing food can be - why have maccas or hj's or something gross and full of fat when in 15 minutes i can quickly make something that is so much better for me and tastes so much better too. so i don't really see the need for take away. although i must say i do love some chips or chinese as a treat :P

hoping to start up with the exercise again soon - i've got a gym membership - just got to start using it again :) also, i'm kind of calorie counting using calorie king but on and off - sometimes i find it works better without counting or just eating a little more. i'm hoping to lose the rest and tone up a bit - even if i don't lose it all and get some more muscle and definition - just want this flab gone!

i want to do it by my next melbourne shopping trip - most likely in june or july on my uni break. i want to be able to go and buy whatever i want and not have to worry about whether it's too tight or if i look fat or whatever.

i'm feeling much more confident since i've lost most of my weight - i feel so much better and i think i look much better too - i love getting comments to know that i do look different and that i'm doing something for ME instead of for everyone else. i also now have a very lovely boy - we've been together almost 11 months now and he makes me feel like the most beautiful girl every single day :) he keeps telling me how i don't have to lose anymore and i'm perfect the way i am - but he will support me if i want to lose more. he's such a sweetie :mrgreen:

sorry this is so long, just wanted to get it all out there :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Re: matchbox's progress 2

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:24 am

Koukla, you are going to lose your last 5.5kgs and be smashing ! Then we'll have to marry you off to an old man in the village to save you from all the younger "greek" gods that will lead you astray ;) :lol: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Although I havent been around for the beginning of your progress, I've seen your determination and amazing transformation through your pics. You've done an incredible job and I have every faith in you that you will reach your goal !!

After all, its all about GUESS is it not ? :D

Big Hugs :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Tarz » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:03 am

I have no doubt you will smash it by your next shopping trip if you have that much motivation.

matchbox wrote:i also now have a very lovely boy - we've been together almost 11 months now and he makes me feel like the most beautiful girl every single day he keeps telling me how i don't have to lose anymore and i'm perfect the way i am - but he will support me if i want to lose more. he's such a sweetie

awwww, you'll need to start planning that 1 year anniversary!
Tarz

Postby Cac33 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:00 am

I just checked out your photos in the other thread & can I just saw WOW!! You look amazing, you can see the weight has shifted & you look so much happier too! Good on you & congrats moving over to the "Almost there" section!!
Can't wait to see your goal weight photos.

PS You have excellent style in dresses!
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby matchbox » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:13 am

thanks girls :)
helen, if you're going to fine a greek boy, may as well be a nice one :wink: you'll have to fight my mum though, she's sussed it out already :lol: :roll: haha
thank you so much :) and yes, it's definately about guess, too stupid to make "bigger" sizes - can't wait til i can buy one and show them :wink: hehe

thanks tarz :) yep i plan to kick some serious butt, lets hope it all goes to plan :wink: haha

thanks cass, hehe :oops: it's taken so much hard work and i've given up like a hundred times haha, but i'm still going at it lol. about the dresses, hehe thanks, my mum helps me pick them sometimes too :wink: i love review dresses! will DEFINATELY be checking out the stores over in melbourne, i'm so excited!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:37 pm

i'm at uni and completely bored :roll: missed my first class cos it was raining so much and everyone was driving so slowly it took me nearly an hour to get here!! and then we had to run from the car to uni and got COMPLETELY SOAKED - so going to chemistry at 9.30 in the morning was pretty much the last thing i wanted to be doing. then i was naughty and skipped my next class too :oops: oops. got a break now then a lecture and then a 4 hour chem lab, ergh. i hate chemistry!! lol.

soooooooo bored!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:51 pm

3 WEEK CHALLENGE

i've got 3 weeks to fit into this gorgeous skirt that is a tiiiiiny bit too tight - i'm sure it doesn't look like it but i'd feel a bit more confident in it. so i've got just over 3 weeks to look and feel gorgeous in it :D

the plan:
:arrow: lots of water!
:arrow: stick to cals apart from 1 high cal day per week
:arrow: try and take lunches to uni
:arrow: gym minimum 4 times a week

i need to do this not only to look gorgeous :wink: but i wanna be ready for winter :D

bought some awesome knee-high boots too - my first ones ever!! :D soooooooo excited! i need some gorgeous new jeans to go with them. as well as with all the tight, high-waisted skirt's i've got :D i'd love to be under 60kg but if i've just lost cm's then i don't mind :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:14 pm

was pretty good with eating yesterday so i'm happy with that. got a test today though, so i'm freaking out. might have a turkish delight choccie later - i think i'll need it after all that thinking and stressing! :P will try and work it into cals.

today's plan so far:
B: 1/4 of frittata and glass OJ
L: teriyaki chicken with small bit of rice (homemade)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:10 pm

back again! finally finished my chem assignment too - can't wait til i can go hand it in when i get to uni! it's taken that bloody long i just want it out of my sight haha :lol:

been a bit naughty with food lately - i really thought about it (mostly), but really - i'm 19 i wanna live a little! if that means having ice magic on my icecream, then hey, that's ok sometimes. i don't smoke and i hardly EVER drink, so i think that's ok. plus, i really enjoyed it :P

also, went shopping last night as i really needed some new jeans - i've been wearing jeans a size or 2 too big for me and well, that's not the best idea nor is it flattering. finally got the size 12's i needed :D (2 sizes smaller than when i started this thing) and they were looser than when i tried them on a couple of months ago!! Also the biggest shock............ I BOUGHT SKINNY JEANS!!!!! AND THEY LOOKED GOOD TOO!!!! i was like omg theyr so little and tight, showed my mum (my shopping buddy, awesome taste in clothes) and was like like "OMG YES, you HAVE to get them!!!' so i figured for that reaction they had to look pretty damn good. i just got them so i could wear my boots on top but i might even wear them without my boots :D just gotta get them taken up.
ALSO, i got the most gorgeous pair of ankle boots i have ever seen - little black review ones with a bow on the side :D they're too cute!! got a couple of little tops and things as well, but the shoes n jeans were the most exciting purchases :P just have to go change the boots for a diff size (they didn't have my size and had buy one get the 2nd half price, so we bought them yest and i'll go swap them soon)

i am so so SO excited. i NEVER thought i'd wear skinny jeans. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

got a frittata for lunch again - YUM - i'm so addicted :D
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Cac33 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:34 pm

Wow skinny jeans!!! Thats so awesome! You should take a pic with them & your boots on & post it in your photos thread.

Well done, so proud of you Lexi
Cass

Cac33

Postby Tarz » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:37 pm

so sos o so so jealous. I'd lov to wear skinny jeans... and i will ... eventually. Well done on the shopping! I love review clothing as well alot of it is cute and quirky - shame i don't fit in it ...yet!
Tarz

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Hey Lexi,

Thanks for sharing your weight loss story with us all. I'm sure you've probably written it before but I've never read it.
Yay for almost reaching your goal. Not far to go.

Your purchases sound fab! I luuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvv skinny leg jeans. I was wearing them at my highest weight, probably not a pretty sight *shrugs* still loved them hehehehe.

I believe you can have anything you desire. Its portion control and moderation that are the key, so don't deny yourself yummy treats if you feel like eating them :D As long as everything balances out you'll be sweet :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby matchbox » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:24 pm

thanks so much for the comments guys, feeling a little flat atm - been such a busy week with so many assignments and a test too. got my test mark though - got a HD!!! yeah!!

cass, that's a good idea - gotta get them taken up first though (i'm short!) but when that's done i'll take a pic :) i'm so excited hehe.

tara - i'm sure you'll fit them soon! and when you do i wanna see pics :wink: hehe

thanks bella, i've never written it down like that before, so it was a first for me too :) and i'm sure they looked great on you! :) yeah it is definately all about moderation, it's not like im going to eat it every day so thats cool :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Cac33 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:32 pm

[quote="matchbox"]

cass, that's a good idea - gotta get them taken up first though (i'm short!) but when that's done i'll take a pic :) i'm so excited hehe.

quote]

Don't worry I'm a real shorty too! My Mum isn't even 5 foot :shock: & my dad isn't very tall either so I didn't have a chance!

Skinny jeans will make you look taller though! Make your legs look longer!!! God I'm so jealous!
Cass

Cac33

Postby matchbox » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:56 pm

hehe true!! gosh can you tell i'm bored! i'm tryin to think of ways to entertain myself until the boy gets here lol.
i don't know what happened but im a shorty (bout 163cm) and my brother is over 6 foot 1 :shock: just a tiny bit unfair i think haha.

i rekn at goal weight u could pull a pair of them off! that'd be cool, we could both have them haha :P i never thought i would buy them until my mum and a pushy sales assistant made me try them on haha :P but really, 1 pair of jeans wasn't going to be any good for all of winter! lol
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Next

Return to Almost there