It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:36 am

Free Newsletter

matchbox's progress 2

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: matchbox's progress 2

Postby matchbox » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:25 pm

i passed all my uni stuff!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby ali76 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:34 pm

Hey! Well done hun! Now you can chill out and relax over the Chrissy break....yah!!!

PS - smarty pants :mrgreen: :lol: :P

xoxoxoxoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:56 pm

Congrats, Lexi! I hope you have a nice relaxing holiday from uni. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Shalimar » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:19 pm

Congrats and well done, now it's time to chillax a bit :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby matchbox » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:10 am

thanks girlies :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

had a fantastic day today - spent the arvo/night down a the beach, :mrgreen: then went to the marina for icecream, then went back to the boys place for a bit and i met his family quickly :) so nerve racking but had such a good day :) so tired now though, and i have to get up in like 7 hours for work yuck! not looking forward to it :( working heaps this week so won't get to see the boy as much unfortunately :(

but otherwise all is fantastic :mrgreen:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:56 am

it's been a while! life is great at the moment - working a little and going out lots - living life! it's fantastic. for the first time in a very very long time i am genuinely happy and enjoying myself. i'm starting to find out who i am - and it's not who i always thought. i'm not that shy, quiet girl who doesn't like going out. i'm smart and love laughing and going out with my friends. i love going to the beach and sharing cake with my best friend. i love lazy days spent in pajamas. i'm doing things i never thought and never expected i would do – doing sporty things, just being stupid in general, going out and meeting new people and having fun. i love going to parties! i'm not always so shy - i'm becoming more confident. not completely, not a whole lot - just a little more. and i know that will happen slowly as i work it out, and work out who i am, and finally become comfortable with myself.

looking back at the year - parts have been great, other parts have been terrible. but in the end it's all about learning and moving forward, which is what 2009 will be for me - a year to learn about myself and try and move on from the bad things that have happened in my life so far. i just have to remember, they may have shaped who i am, they may have changed me as a person, but THEY DON'T DEFINE ME. i'm not that girl. i'm not the girl i was 6 months ago or a year ago or 5 years ago. i'm different now, and i'm here NOW and that's what matters. not the past. the past is in the past.

2009 is going to be different because i am going to MAKE it different. everything i do will be what i want to do. i don't want to hold back when i know it's not what i want. for the past few weeks, i've been doing exactly what i wanted - NO REGRETS. i think that will be my 'thing' for 2009. no regrets. i've come to learn, although it's taken me a while, and i'm STILL learning it - is that life is too short for regrets. and it's not worth it. i want to be the kind of person who is fun and spontaneous and doesn't worry about what other people think. i want to be the girl who lights up the room. the girl who can feel beautiful in the daggiest clothes. i want to have FUN and LIVE and ENJOY and LOVE. i want to do stupid, spontaneous things and just be an idiot.

i don't know if i should post this, and i may delete it soon. i don't know yet. most of you may not even read it. i'm going to post it for the moment, because i set out here to write this - not quite this, not quite so much or so in depth, but it's out there in the open.
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Gordz » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:20 am

great post Lexi =) Is always great to see someone happy, and you've given me a couple of ideas for a direction I should lead next year. Thanks for sharing =)
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Jisgone » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:23 am

i think you should be very proud of yourself!!
youve taken the good with the bad and made it out the other side
and youve hit your goal!! congrats :)
its great that your finding yourself and setting your own path, doing things your enjoy and learning who you are
keep it up and i hope you have a great christmas and 09 :)
Jisgone

Postby milkyway » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:16 am

Hey Lexi - long time no post, eh? It's good to be back :)

Congrats on reaching your goal, passing all your subjects and developing into the beautiful woman that you are. What a year you've had, highs and lows and taking away the best of both. with your attitude, I'm sure 2009 will be amazing for you. The world is yours, hun - go for it!!!:D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby matchbox » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:17 pm

well unfortunately i am back. i went away for 9 days and ate whatever i wanted in whatever quantities - we out out for every meal and i have since stacked a few kilo's back on. i have never really been the kind of person to notice too much when i put on weight, but this time i can feel it - on my stomach and my arms. weird that it's on my arms, but i can see and feel it! (plus i noticed in my pics from last night the dreaded double chin is making a tiny bit more of an appearance :evil:

also, i've been eating like a complete pig. and i've been drinking again. so i'm sitting on about 60.5 - 61kg i think, haven't weighed for a few days, plus its TTOTM soon so i know that means i will weigh a lot heavier if i way soon.

so, plan of attack:
:arrow: drinking ONLY on special occasions (max 3 drinks)
:arrow: no takeaway/crap food
:arrow: take lunch to uni as much as possible
:arrow: take snacks to uni
:arrow: eat breakfast!
:arrow: start back at the gym at least twice a week (to begin with)

i KNOW what i have to do, i've done it before, but this time i want to tone up. i don't mind if i weight 60 or so kg as long as i feel the fat coming off and being replaced by muscle - ie cm's not kg's.

today is already going to be a write off - pancakes for brekkie, no idea what lunch is going to be, but then dinner we're having friends over so: wood-fired pizza, cheese platters, chips and dips, cakes/pastries etc. my main goal is not to go overboard and eat so much i feel sick.

also... MY STOMACH HAS EXPANDED AGAIN!!! i am SO angry about that, so another major point will be - PORTION SIZES!!!

i have joined the march challenge and am aiming to lose 2kg - totally won't happen but it would be nice so i will aim for that!! will weigh in in a few days :cry:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:09 pm

well haven't been going great at all. have been doing pretty terrible. it's been TTOTM which meant i ate everything in sight, in large quantities, as well as everything not in sight too! my boy has been sick all weekend so didn't get to see him, which made me even more miserable :( i'm disgusted, but i ate 3 pieces of cake yesterday :oops: :oops: it's just disgusting. oh AND on top of all that i have a million things to do for uni and i'm sick!! so i'm feeling pretty stressed out and miserable and sorry for myself :cry:
sitting around 61kg, TTOTM is ending soon (hopefully) so hoping it will go down to 60. also, had plans to get back to the gym yest and today, but i'm just not up to it which really sucks because i want to go! i hate being sick :cry:
*end sulk*
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:38 pm

Sorry to hear things are so stressful for you right now, Lexi. Once TTOTM is over I'm sure you'll feel a lot better. Not only do I find it makes me crave inappropriate things and retain fluid like no-one's business, I find it leaves me poorly equipped emotionally to deal with weight issues.

Hang in there!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Annie.J » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Hey Matchbox!
Our situations seem really similiar right now
- Our goal weights are nearly the same
- We're both Uni students! :S
- We're both sick :(
Anyways hang in there and keep your head up! Hope you feel better soon.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNrFX3J/]
Annie.J

Postby matchbox » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:03 pm

hmm so that last attempt was a big pile of fail. i'm wanting to get back into it and get into shape and looking HOT. yep, mostly purely for vanity :roll: but i think after looking and feeling like crap for so long i'm allowed to! i'm actually itching to get back to the gym right now, but being a public holiday over here, its shut. so i'll go tomorrow after uni :) and kick my ass around. i think i might ask them to do me a new plan and to show me all the machines again - but i'm so shy!! i don't quite know how to, and i'm incredibly embarassed about the fact that i didn't stick with it the first time, so so long ago now, and have prety much been paying to use the gym for nothing, and not even going :cry:

it's my 21st in a little over 6 months - i want to look GORGEOUS. i want to be loving the attention not trying to get away from it. my bestie's 21st is in a little over 4 months - i want to look pretty damn hot for that too! i want and need to prove to myself that i can do it and that i can kick some ass. it's going to be a bit tricky with uni as well - but i'm hoping that the exercise will mean i can be more focused even though i am taking time out to go to the gym and exercise. i've heard that it has good effects on energy, memory and motivation, so here's hoping! hopefully my marks will improve then too. i finish the semester in about 5 and a half weeks, so hopefully whilst i'm on holidays i won't be working too much and will be able to go to the gym more often. i'm also thinking about possibly doing a fun run in october-ish. still unsure though, i would like to have someone to train with or something so i don't know.
also, the boy wants to go bike riding around rotto/down south for kayaking and i want to be able to do it without making a COMPLETE AND UTTER fool of myself! he's really fit and muscly so i don't want to look like a complete retard next to him, huffing and sweating away while he does it all so effortlessly. he is absolutely gorgeous and i already look completely out of place standing next to him - i don't need to make it worse by giving everyone EVEN MORE reason to think so. :cry:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Mandie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:15 pm

Sorry to hear you'd fallen off the wagon for a while, but I am glad to hear that you are ready to get back into it!

Recently, I went to my gym and asked for a reassessment and a new program - most gyms will give you a new program for free after 6-12 weeks - just tell them you are getting bored with it and you want a new one.. trust me, they are VERY used to people disappearing from the gym for a while. If they are good, they will try to find out why you dropped off and will work out with you some strategies to prevent it happening again.

Don't get discouraged - fitness can improve quite quickly with exercise, I reckon you will be keeping up with your boy on your holiday no problem if you start tomorrow!

And there is NOTHING wrong with wanting to look hot, as long as you get to that point in a healthy way!

I had lost quite a few kg before my 21st (back in 04) - I was probably still 125kg but was down from 140kg, and you know what? I felt fantastic... I was loving the attention and I _still_ like the pictures from that night, because I look like (and I was) I was having so much fun! I guess I'm trying to illustrate that even if you aren't at goal by your birthday, knowing you are well on the way can be fantastic for your self esteem and confidence!

Go out there and get back into it!
Mandie

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there