It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Free Newsletter

matchbox's progress 2

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: matchbox's progress 2

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:23 am

Good luck with uni, Lexi. Even if you can't find time right now I'm sure once semester finishes you'll have heaps more time for exercise. I think training for a fun run is a great idea. Are there any running groups at your uni that you could join? Could you put a notice up asking if anyone there is interested in training with you?

I'm sure you're just as gorgeous as your boyfriend and you don't look out of place at all. If you'll have fun riding and kayaking next to him then do it and to hell with what you think other people are thinking! And remember: it's only what you think they're thinking. Other people are often far less critical of us than we are of ourselves.

On a more selfish note: it's great to see you back here! We've missed you!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby matchbox » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:31 pm

HOLY CRAP i just lost a HUUUUUUGE response argh!!! i will try and summarise since i'm far too stubborn to type the WHOLE thing again:

THANK YOU so much girls, i am so glad and grateful for your encouragement and support - you are both wonderful and i don't think i would have been able to get this far without your help! you girls rock :mrgreen:

I think i will go to the gym and do a bit of cardio for the next couple of weeks, then ask for a reassessment - and a complete 'show me how everything works since i have no freaking idea' kinda thing. i'm really embarassed though. but on the other hand i kind of hope they will yell at me and get my butt back into it - do you think they would do harassment calls if i asked? :P
i know what i have to do and how to do it, i did it before (healthily!) now just have to get back into ACTUALLY DOING IT!! (went on holidays and stacked on a few kilos - a few too many visits to the lindt and guylian cafes i think! :? )
i don't think i'll be able to keep up with D, i think he will have to slow down the pace for me anyway :lol:
Mandie - that's awesome about your 21st - i bet you looked and felt great! and i'm sure the pictures reflected that and how much of an amazing night you had - sometimes pictures cna turn out so much more beautiful than you thought because you were ACTUALLY happy and enjoying yourself! sounds fantastic! :D

Ali - i am so glad you're still around!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i missed you :mrgreen: *squeals* yes i am very very excited! hehe
thank you for the luck - i'm thinking i will be needing a lot of it the next few weeks - busy busy!! there's not much in teh way of that kinda stuff at uni, plus i live about a 40 min drive (each way) from uni which sucks - like this morning i had only one class..which ended up being only a 35 minute lecture! if i'd known i would spend more time driving there then actually sitting in class, let alone driving home in peak hour traffic, i wouldnt've gone!
thank you ali :mrgreen: i really don't think i can thank you enough! you are such a lovely, caring person and you just rock :mrgreen:

on another note - i didn't eat after dinner last night! i tried to keep myself busy, but it didn't really work :lol: so i tried to get my mind off it by talking to D as much as i could and reading up on some stuff - seemed to work :mrgreen: so i'm very happy about that since i considered the open bottle of coke in the fridge plus all the leftover easter eggs (they're evil!! :twisted: ) and... i even had BREAKFAST this morning :shock: :shock: :shock: i made eggs on toast, with some orange/mango juice - was yum, i wish i could do it every morning! they usually keep me full for a while too, which is good.
i'm thinking of making some mini crustless quiches to take to uni this week - will have to see how many eggs i have left! just need something quick and easy anyway, and it stops me from eating the crap at uni :roll: its yummy - but not health-friendly at all!

will make sure to keep popping in every day - knowing my procrastination skills it will be multiple times a day.

hope everyone is well!
xx
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:09 pm

just got back from the gym :mrgreen: 35 mins on the treadmill whilst reading notes for my test tomorrow :shock: haha dedication or what!!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby mindy32 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:45 pm

Hey Lexi,

You've lost stacks of weight before so I know you're going to do awesomely again this time! I can also relate to a lot of what you're saying, uni makes life difficult and busy for me, and I feel a bit the same next to my boyfriend too because he is ten times fitter than me! But I think we should remember that they like us for who we are so theres no point worrying what other people are thinking, its probably all in our heads anyways.

Like Mandie I lost weight before my 21st too, and although I was still heavier than my goal weight I felt great. And I too look back on those photos and love them because I was happy and I'd done the best I could. No matter what weight you are at your 21st you should be damn proud of how much you've already lost and feel great about yourself!

Anyways, enough rambling, just thought I would try and be encouraging haha.

<3 Belle
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby MissMinx » Sat May 02, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi there,
Wow I havent been on here for a while now and just read some of your posts and I'm really stoked for you and where you're at with your weight! You must look amazing!!! that is where I want to be too and it will come again one day...I was there yrs ago and feels so close but yet so far.. just have to be patient and keep motivated ;)
Nice work anyways!! Congrats to you.
MM
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby matchbox » Wed May 20, 2009 2:43 am

thanks so much girlies :)

sorry i havent been on much lately - life has been very hectic and busy and crappy lately! I was going ok but had a car accident about a week and a half ago. ot my fault, my car got written off, and i spent the next week in bed in pain. its a lot better now but my shoulders still really hurt. i'm starting to get back into the food side of things the past 2 days but do't want to start exercise yet because i dont want to aggravate anything before exams. its bad enough i live a 40 minute drive from uni, i also have no car, and not much money to buy a new one. so i will be working lots on the holidays to make some money towards it. not to mention i deserately need some witer clothes and also bras/underwear that actually fit!! not to metion wanting to go out a little on the holidays, not drinking but just doing silly things, going for icecream, eating out etc. i'm going to miss having that money to play with unfortunately. plus i havent been working for most of the semester (too much uni work!) and i still feel incredibly behid i that too. plus i was supposed to go to bed 3 hours ago but the boy kept me up :roll: :evil:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed May 20, 2009 10:55 am

Sorry to hear about your car accident. I hope your shoulder pain goes away soon. I had a sore back for weeks after our car accident earlier this year. I found red wine and hot baths helped a lot! It's a bugger that your car was written off, again I feel your pain on that one. It's not much of a consolation, but at least the end of semester isn't too far away so you'll only be relying on public transport for a few weeks. Then you can work during the uni break to get money for your new car.

It might be a cheaper option to have your clothes taken in by a dressmaker than to buy new clothes. Bras are a bit more problematic, but I've found some cheap ones on eBay in the past or at Dimmeys (if you have a Dimmeys where you live).

I hope things start picking up for you! *Hugs*
EvilWombatQueen

Postby matchbox » Wed May 27, 2009 3:58 pm

thanks ali! you are a gem :mrgreen: are you feeling better after yours? how long did it take? my back barely hurts now but i still don't want to do any exercise because i don't want to aggravate it, especially before exams...

I've already had a heap of clothes taken in - although going from a 14/16 to 10 or XL to M doesn't really work very well. plus its mostly jackets - i have 1 blazer and a trenchcoat which somewhat fit me, but are still really big! plus i have a big pile of things to be taken in. the bras i have been looking around online stores for and have found a good one i think (40% off RRP for the ones i like!) unfortunately ebay doesnt help as i have a weird size that noone makes anything in :roll: (10E, at least it is down from 10F!! even more impossible) I don't know what DImmey's is lol we don't have that here.

as per my other thread, bestie is pretty much no longer bestie, well girl bestie neways, D has taken the place of bestie and girl bestie i think :lol: poor thing doesn't know what he's gotten himself into! :lol:

8 more days until exams are over and i am so happy but SO scared - i am DEFINATELY not ready yet!! food has been crap as my mum thinks its a good idea around exams to buy me sweets - firstly cupcakes, then italian sweets, god knows what she's going to bring today :lol: i do love her to pieces though! (and the cupcakes were good :wink: haha) it takes me 4 days to get a lean piece of steak but then i can get cupcakes without asking??? lol. also i'm going into uni this afternoon to try and beg for more marks :lol: i think he made a typo on one of my marks, and the other i feel i should've gotten higher than i did (really, it kicked MAJOR ASS) so D is going to go and take me to see him this afternoon (no car argh!) poor boy, running around after me :lol: :roll:

wish me luck!!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed May 27, 2009 4:33 pm

Good luck with your negotiations for marks at uni. I'm sure he will be kind and give them to you.

My back is a lot better now. Mind you, it was bad before the accident so it really only just exacerbated an existing injury. Unfortunately my bad back is from sitting at the computer all day - something that's not avoidable in my line of work! I've found regular stretching, walking, running and red wine are helping. I hope your back gets better soon.

Good luck with your exams!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby matchbox » Wed May 27, 2009 4:54 pm

thanks so much ali! i still got a really good mark, but i was expecting a little higher - if he explains why i lost the marks then that's ok - but i reall thought i would get a big higher than i did. fingers crossed! sorry to hear about your back but im glad its feeling better now! unfortunately i'm not a wine drinker, so that ones out of the window :wink: haha
thanks heaps!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Thu May 28, 2009 2:03 pm

all my effort yesterday was wasted... after waiting around at uni for ages my lecturer DIDN'T EVEN SHOW UP. so i'm meeting him *again* this afternoon. i hope he feels bad about it, i told him its a 1.5 hour round trip for me. and i put in SO much effort into looking absolutely SMOKING yesterday!! now what am i going to wear! :lol: yesterday's eating was ok, untill about 8pm when i still hadn't had diner.. we ate a lot of prawn crackers on the way home :roll: luckily D can eat a lot faster than i can so he took one for the team :lol: the i had dinner when i got home at like 8.30 lol was a lot of fun though, even if we did no study! hopefully today will be more productive!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby candycane » Thu May 28, 2009 11:25 pm

lol i love when my bf eats on my behalf also. We're both happy ;)

i know how you feel about exams. i had an exam and speech this week, a 4000 word essay due next week, a 2500 word essay the week after, a 2500 take home exam, and a 2500 essay the week after that the other essay (the take home is due inbetween) makes me very very sad.

I find planning snacks and trying to have healthy snacks on hand, of course that doesn't help when there's ice cream in the freezer :oops:
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby matchbox » Fri May 29, 2009 2:18 pm

hey CC, haha yeah i know its great isn't it? my boy can eat soooo much so it works out just fine! hehe.
WOW that is a LOT of work! last week (last week of semester) i had 6 things due :shock: assignments, tests, oral presentations, lab reports.... i thought it was never going to end!!! now tomorrow i have my first exam (but i'm on here procrastinating of course!! im so screwed eek!) - 3 in 5 days and then i'm done! so come next thursday and i'm going to sleep aaaaaaaaaaall day!!

i too love icecream - "luckily" there's none at home right now, but my mum thinks its helpful to buy me loads of sweets :roll: lovely, but not really helpful! lol. so i've been eating too many cupcakes and chocolate :oops:

got on the tready for 5 mins this morning - yes how sad that's all i could muster up this morning unfortunately - i'm in such a weird mood! must be the exams - i cant WAIT until they're over!!

i think i'm going to have a leftover roast toasted sammich for lunch, yummmmm!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby candycane » Fri May 29, 2009 9:01 pm

that does sound yummy :) i bought lots of sweets for the class presentation to hopefully bribe the teachers :twisted: i'll have to bring some tea, coffee and hot chocolate too. And milk! hmmm as long as i don't eat one i won't get the taste :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby matchbox » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:41 pm

haha awesome. hope the bribe works!

well 2 exams down, 1 to go! thank god because i don't think i can handle much more! i am looking forward to my break SO much!! i have SO much i plan to do - doubt i will do it all but it would be nice! lol. lots of reading, dvds, and FINALLY hanging out with D - it feels like its been so long since we've actually just hung out with nothing to worry about! also i want to make a dress - i've seen a pic of one i like and want to try copy it. i've never made a dress before even though i'm not too terrible with my sewing machine so i'll try it out! i'll buy cheap fabric first though :lol:

in bad news, my back was really playing up today, which sucks majorly - it was so hard to sit in the same spot for 2 hours in my exam! hopefully it'll be better on wed since i have a 3 hour exam!

also, once exams are over and i've had a couple of slack days, i'm going to get back into it - there's just over 5 months until my 21st birthday and i want to have nice arms and be toned and GORGEOUS!! and i want everyone to be jealous :lol: and i want my boy to not be able to keep his hands off of me :wink: hehe. so after exams (most likely start of next week!) i'll write up my plan of attack and go from there. right now i need sleep!

talk soon my lovelies
xx
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there