It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:20 am

Free Newsletter

Shelley's Trying Again!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Shelley's Trying Again!

Postby shelbel » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:06 pm

Hello lovely people!! :D

Starting a fresh thread to chart the trials and triumphs of my weightloss. After my fall from grace i really needed to let go of the past and the troubles that were haunting me. Im still amazed at the things that come out when you lose weight, i mean the emotional things that you really had little idea that were there because you surpressed them with food! I really see why i yo-yo'd so much, well basically almost all of my 20's ive been losing and gaining the same 10-15kgs over and over and nothing has been changing, but this time i will get there, even when i was off the wagon and away from the forum i always knew i would come back eventually, its like my home! :D So the state of play is that i am now (and still at) the lowest weight i have ever been in my adult life, so yay for that! I'm follow Jenny Craig after switching from weight watchers as the point counting was leading to an unhealthy obsession and also i wasnt eating a balanced diet despite being on weight watchers! See what happens when im left to my own devices! Jenny Craig really forces me to eat vegies and fruit, something i was skipping in favour of bread and wine! (well if its good enough for jesus!) Also i have the added incentive to reach my first goal of 65kgs as my partner has plegded to cut back his smoking to social occassions only when i reach there. And has said he will quit altogether if i reach 60kgs, but i dont know about that, id love for him to quit, but im not sure i want to go to 60kgs, ive never wanted to be thin, ive always wanted and loved having curves!!!! :D

Thanks for reading, catch ya around the forums! :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Re: Shelley's Trying Again!

Postby Tarz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:16 pm

Hi Shelly,
Its great to see you've got the motivation to keep going. Its also great the your partner is supporting you but don't aim to lose more then you want to. If you want to keep your curves then do thet, lose the weight you want then focus on strngth to tone those curves. I know i still want to keep my curves - its what makes a woman!
Good luck on getting to your goal of 65kg!
Tarz

Postby lng86 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Hey Shelley!

You know I think you are fabulous already! Best of luck reaching your goal. I know you will do it!!!

JC will keep you accountable - and the maintenance aspect is absolutely amazing. Also - there are some new Winter foods out Monday... And they're yummy!

You can do this! I have all the belief in the world that you will.

Love,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:07 pm

Hey gorgeous girl.

A fresh start is great :D I have a hundred percent faith in you doll face that you will kick these last 5kgs in the butt.

YOU ROCK TOO!!!

Is the JC food like lite n easy? I mean gets delivered to you?
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby lng86 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:58 pm

No... You pick up JC food from the centre, Bella.

We (consultants) have to pack it!!!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby shelbel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:33 pm

Thank you lovely ladies for stopping by! :D And thanks for the faith in me!

My poor JC consultant must think she's doing a bad job with me cos ive only lost 1.5kgs this month overall! But its been a great month behind the scenes and im happy with my progress as i havent binged once this month! So yay for me on that front, yeah ok so ive drank too much and over eaten here and there, but i havent had a go for broke, eat a family block of choc and large bag of chips in one sitting session! I wanted this month to be about getting myself back on track and my head in the right place to try and lose this last bit of weight and i think ive done that. So next months challenge is to cut back on the booze. Alcohol has always been a part of my life so i wont be cutting it out altogether, but no more drinking 3-4 nights a week anymore and not just for the hell of it either! Another reason is i believe i might have been well on the path to becoming dependant on it. Not an alcoholic as such, but needed it relax/wind down or to have fun or whatever, and thats not what i want in my life! Plus its making it hard to lose weight! :D So id like to keep it to once a week having a few low alcohol wines or something and not having it any other time. Then the month after that, i'll work on the over eating! One thing at a time! :D

Thanks for listening to my blabber, have a nice day! :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

shelbel

Postby ali76 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:34 pm

Hey Shelley!

Sounds to me like you're definately in the right head space!! I think tackling one thing at a time is such a great way to go about things. Alcohol was first on my list...now I'm onto ice cream - which funnily enough is harder in winter?!?!

1.5 kilos in a month is really good - slow and easy wins the race!!

Can I ask you a silly question?? How tall are you? Only asking because we have the same goal weight!!

Best of luck hun!!

xoxox
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby shelbel » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:13 pm

Hey Ali! Im a shortie, 160cm :D I tend to carry my weight mostly around the thighs and behind, im hoping the next 5kgs come straight off there! Haha

How tall are you????
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:17 pm

Snap! I'm 160 cms too (but unfortunately also 102.8kg :( :( ) BUT, not for much longer!
Welcome back, Shelley :D
Sharon
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wG1T5nI/]
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Postby shelbel » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:35 pm

Here's to us vertically impaired folk! LOL

Thank you for stopping in! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby ali76 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:59 pm

I'm 168cms :P

I was thinking for a while that I wanted to get down to 60 but think I'll stick with 65...I think I'll look a little sickly lower than that. At this stage it's hard enought to get under 69!!

Keep going hun!

xoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby shelbel » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:16 pm

Tell me about it!! Breaking back into the 70's is proving a bit tuff!
:roll:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:55 pm

Oh god, I know! If my scales would stay until 70kg each day for just a week I think I'd die of happiness!

(Bloody thing is reading 70.4kg today. Grrrr.)
EvilWombatQueen

Postby lng86 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:32 am

Hi Shel!

Just popping by to say hello.

Hope you are doing well!!!
lng86

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat May 03, 2008 8:37 pm

Shelley you are well and truly back on the horse girl - YAY for you :D

That's a great loss for a month. Anything is better than nothing and slow losses means permanent losses in my book :mrgreen:. That's a fantastic idea about tackling one area at a time. Booze will always be my downfall too. I'm such a binge drinker when I decide to let my hair down and make a night of it. Funnily enough I haven't had many of those occasions pop up now as I bypass drinking so I can be refreshed for my runs - now that's nuts....whats happened to me.....hahahahaha.

Hope you have a great week chickie :D

Much luvvvv :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Next

Return to Almost there