It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:59 am

Free Newsletter

Shelley's Trying Again!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Shelley's Trying Again!

Postby Cac33 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:58 pm

Hey Shel sorry to hear you are so busy at the moment & those annoying last few kilos are sticking around. I'm sure it will even out soon just stick with it.

Hope you had a good weekend & destressed a bit. Take care missy
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:58 pm

Hope all is going well for you gorgeous and worky isn't working you to hard.

*hugs* xoxo
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby lng86 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:56 am

How did shaking everything up a bit go?

Hope you are well!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby shelbel » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:50 pm

Thanks guys!

Work is still silly busy and ive been shuffling between branches and running the show at my normal work place, im all over the place! Now as a added bonus, the boys father and step mother are staying with us for a week or so while she has her back fused (ouch!!) So who knows how my eating will go there as im so not cooking separate meals! Im not really fussed about it, i'll try to behave but its not the end of the world if i dont. I ended up putting on 1.3kgs, so i was happy about that, which sounds strange!! :D Now i'll simply relax for the next week or 2, then get back into it.

Oh and something exciting happened on my walk yesturday! I thought id make the most of it not raining and walk by the river. I saw up abit futher there was a disturbance in the water and thought it might be someone swimming (yuk!) But no it was 2 dolphins!! They were playing right by the egde of the walkway! I crept up closer to the edge and watched them for ages, one was swimming back and forward right in front of me and it was throwing its fish up in the air and all! I was mesmerized, it was so much better then at Monkey Mia! There right in front of me with the city in the background were 2 dolphins! Then of course some dimwit woman comes running full tilt shouting 'its a dolphin' and it scared them away :evil: I watched them a bit longer as the headed further out the river towards the city and they were doing little flips. I had the biggest smile on my face for the rest of the walk, it really made my day! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Mandie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:14 pm

Awesome about the dolphins Shel! I fed a dolphin a fish when I was a kid at Monkey Mia.. but I think seeing them "naturally" playing would be SO much better than the trained ones, you know?

Shame about putting on a bit but sounds like you had a lot going on and I'm sure you will lose it again soon :) Keep it up!

Damn flu season.. how about I try to work harder so you are less busy?? :)
Mandie

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:34 pm

Who cares about a slight weight gain - you got to see dolphins in the wild! How utterly brilliant! That must have been the most amazing experience. I am so jealous! A pity about that dimwit running up yelling and frightening them away. It's probably for the best though, otherwise you could still be standing there hypnotised by them! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sassi » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:23 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Who cares about a slight weight gain - you got to see dolphins in the wild! How utterly brilliant! That must have been the most amazing experience. I am so jealous! A pity about that dimwit running up yelling and frightening them away. It's probably for the best though, otherwise you could still be standing there hypnotised by them! :lol:
i agree - that is sooooo cool!

are you going to the game on sunday? :)
sassi

Postby SarahC » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:04 pm

Wow, that is so cool about the dolphins.... in the river!!

I'm a bit lucky, saw tonnes of dolphins whilst in the navy. Sailing around queensland, nearly every day there were some around the boat. They are so beautiful :)

Hope you can shift off your plateau soon!
SarahC

Postby candycane » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:40 pm

hey wow i wish i could see some dolphins randomly. What a random but awesome event! Goodluck with shifting the kilos. Im sure the lil bit extra will come off quickly anyway :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby matchbox » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:56 pm

dolphins?? cool! i didn't know there were dolphins in the river!

sucks about work though. enjoy your relaxing, i've been doing that too oops :oops: gotta get back on the wagon! lol
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby shelbel » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:16 pm

Yeah i couldnt believe it either! When i got home and told the boy he said he had heard something on the news earlier in the week about it. Ive heard there are bull sharks in there too, glad i didnt see one of those!! :shock:

No footy for me this weekend Sass :cry: The boy wont go even tho he's a dorkers supporter (he doesnt want to pay money to see them lose!! :P ) and none of my friends can go. I was thinking of going by myself!! But also its suppose to rain and a choice between sitting and watching it in front of the tv and staying dry and warm without having drive anywhere is kinda appealing!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

shelbel

Postby sassi » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:06 am

shelbel wrote:Yeah i couldnt believe it either! When i got home and told the boy he said he had heard something on the news earlier in the week about it. Ive heard there are bull sharks in there too, glad i didnt see one of those!! :shock:

No footy for me this weekend Sass :cry: The boy wont go even tho he's a dorkers supporter (he doesnt want to pay money to see them lose!! :P ) and none of my friends can go. I was thinking of going by myself!! But also its suppose to rain and a choice between sitting and watching it in front of the tv and staying dry and warm without having drive anywhere is kinda appealing!!
:lol: those dorkers supporters!

i don't like sunday games much - it just seems like the wrong time to be at the footy & i like to be at home on a sunday arvo!
sassi

Postby Tarz » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:57 am

Hi Shel, Thats awesome about the dolphins, I've only ever seen them at the zoo, that would be so awesome to see them in a river some where! I can understand why you would end up sitting there mesmerised by them. Damn woman for scaring them off!
shelbel wrote:So who knows how my eating will go there as im so not cooking separate meals!

Understandable, i wouldn't want to either, but they might really like your healthy meals. Make some yummy stirfries or bake some chicken and have steamed veg. But take some time out while their here and relax for a week or 2, but keep your head about what your eating.
Then as soon as that R&R time is over, back to it, chop chop!
I hope you had a good weekend.
Tarz

Postby sassi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:57 pm

i hope you got to watch the game - how good was it??? :D
sassi

Postby shelbel » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:16 pm

Sorry for my absolute tardiness lately when it come to updating and supporting around the forum, im just so busy and tired lately i dont know if im coming or going!!! But here i am! Weightloss front i am as of this morning 68.3kgs, so im back where i was and having another crack at the rest of this weight. I dont really know how i managed to get back here as i havent been making a effort to track my food or exercise lately, but oh well, i'll take it!! I will get into it again this week, although not hard core as i have alot of overtime coming up this week, so exercise will be taking a back seat.

Went to a hens day/night on saturday so needless to say i spend much of yesturday in bed! Cocktails are so yummy and way too easy to drink! My poor head....and stomach! But it was a fun night. And the wedding is this sat, im most excited!! :D Um what else? Nothing, all i do is work!!

So that concludes my boring and rather uniformative update! Ive got today off (hooray) so im going to catch up on the forum!

See ya!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there