It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:46 am

Free Newsletter

CC is almost there!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CC is almost there!

Postby candycane » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:51 am

GOLD

How are you going hun ?

i'm (in the words of carrie) *fabulous* hehehe. I'm not sure why i feel so good. Could be because i fit into 32 jeans from Guess, and i also bought two tops and a dress there too (on sale). It was nice to purchase some designer things for a change (im back to affording clothes with the payment plan to my mum hehehe). Its nice to feel pretty and loved up in new clothes. Still need a couple of new suits, but i couldnt find anything suitable. The cut of the suits werent very good i think im inbetween a sizes at the moment too. Im also sad i forgot to go back to meyer to buy a country road tshirt for $20, im not sure how much it will be now :( it was really cute but the large was too big i meant to try on the medium and i forgot *sigh*

Anyways moving on down to business, yesterday food wise i wasnt *terrible* but not *great* either. I ate: fruit muffin (engligh variety) with honey for brekky, had a big lunch (i made mini low fat quiches, and low fat chicken/fetta sausage [from the fernwood magazine], then also bought some stuffed olives and greek salad and bbq chicken without the skin) it was for my bf and i's loungeroom picnic. So i didnt massively pig out, and i had a smaller brekky to compensate, plus the majority was low fat hehehe. Then for dinner i had a small plate of spaghetti (mum makes the sauce low fat, i dont usually have white pasta though) and a bit of low fat quiche. So yeah, it wasnt terrible in that the fat content wasnt high, but it wasnt great in that the carb content was still pretty high, and it wasnt all wholegrain and prolly too much olive oil in the greek and stuffed olives. I also didnt have my usual snacks, so i guess it all kind of balances out in the end.

Today:

Brekky: porridge with honey, skim milk tea, soy flat white, i have a yoghurt, museli bar and apple and orange for snacks today (need to eat more before the gym) and dinner not sure yet, depends if my mum cooks low fat tonight or not. If she doesnt, freezer it is. Oh soup for lunch as always hehe

Exercise this week is going to be tonight: spin class and fat burn, tomorrow: PT and cardio, wednesday: unsure (depending on whether i have stuff on in the night); thursday: probably circuit class in the morning and some cardio (because i cant do pump on saturday) and friday morning whatever is on i'll do depending on what time i can get up at.

Your mum sounds like a gem. My mum's been known to bail me out on the odd occasion, too

my mum is a very precious gem. She's got a heart of gold, but is extremely practical and clever and yeah. A great women :)

One more step to maintenence!

i cant wait for that time :)

xx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:01 pm

You're doing really well with your eating CC. Well done! Don't worry about forgetting to try on the medium shirt. If it's gone back up to full price you could always see if it's available on eBay. :wink:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby candycane » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:30 am

im very sad because the internet funked up and took away my post and i have to re-do it!

you could always see if it's available on eBay.

lol! i already have and i couldnt see it so i'll pop up to meyer on thursday night and have a looksy :)

Breakfast: museli bar and tea with skim milk (then training) yoghurt with cereal. Soy flat white, banana. Green tea. Lunch will be chicken and veggie soup with brown toast. Afternoon snack: apple, dinner: Chicken skewer kebabs with salad.

Last night we had 'chicken' rissoles (which were basically made from the left over chicken 'sausage' i made the other night from the fernwood magazine).

PT session this morning and did 20 mins cardio before hand. Went really well my PT is happy with my progress because shes continuously upping my weights and reps, and that means im getting stronger. Need to check what classes are on for the rest of the week though i have a few night things to do unfortunately!
candycane

Postby candycane » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:25 am

woohoo

I PASSED MY EXAMS!

was so thinking i'd fail but i havent failed anything yet and im half way through. Im so happy guys i feel like a massive cloud has been removed from my shoulders :lol:

anyways down to business

Food

(i steamed some carrot/broccoli and beans this morning before work)

B: Porridge skim milk tea. S: soy Flat white, mandarin, veggies L: chicken and sweet corn soup, medium brown roll; veggies. S: museli bar and banana and veggies. Before the gym: 1 small vaalia yoghurt. D: unsure.

Last night i had for dinner chicken skewers, salad and low fat potato salad. I also had a hot choc

Exercise

Tonight will be 30 mins cardio and spin class.

xx
candycane

Postby Strawberry » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:50 pm

Hi CC - found ya!
your going so well! Lucky you finding jeans that fit & look great on you. I had a terrible time on sunday trying different jeans on: none looked good on!
how tall are you? You are so close 2 your goal & your eating is great!
Strawberry

Postby shelbel » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:57 pm

Congrats on passing your exams!!!! Thats fantasic and i can imagine its a weight off your shoulders, good for you! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Cac33 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:00 pm

Hey missy CONGRATS for passing your exams!!!! Yay thats so good. Fingers crossed for your for the other ones your still waiting on.

Well done on consistant good food & lots of exercise! Your pt has trained you well :D
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby candycane » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:20 pm

ah thankya ladies :)

how tall are you? You are so close 2 your goal & your eating is great!

Im approximately 175 cm tall or 5'9. I really think as you get further down the track of your journey it gets easier eating the right foods, im fairly strict but at the same time allow myself the occasional treat, i wont buy a large bag of chips because there's a temptation to eat the whole thing, so its really about moderation and good choices.

thanks shel :)

xx
candycane

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:43 pm

Good on you for passing your exams! You must feel like a load has been lifted from your shoulders. :D

You're doing really well with your food and exercise, CC. Keep up the good work!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:52 pm

congrats on passing your exams!! :D

what an awesome idea about steaming the vegies & taking them to work. i might have to borrow that idea as well!
sassi

Postby candycane » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:53 am

thanks so much ladies :) its good to be able to focus on next semester in a couple of weeks knowing i havent failed anything and that i can concentrate on future subjects rather than other ones. I need to study more next semester to get the best out of my schooling though i put too much pressure on myself to get to work.

So im heading to newcastle this weekend with my brand new clothes i have 3 new tshirts - (got the country road red one from the city meyer for $19!! and in a size small!) a purple size 12 kenji tshirt and a size 10 black kenji tshirt, all for under $20 each (all on sale) i got a pair of cargo pants in size 13 from jay jays for $15, and my new guess jeans so i'll be all clothed up for my weekend (plus my new dress :) ). :D

This means im a whole size smaller! because before i was a tight 14 in pants (depending on the make - 14 got too small for a while there) and a tight large to xlarge and now im a loose 14 or 12 in pants and a small or medium in tops. Its very exciting for me because i dont think i've ever fit into a size 10/small ANYTHING before. Im keen to try on old clothes in my closet when i pack tonight.

Food

B: porridge with honey; skim milk tea. S: steamed veggies and a mandarin and green tea L: chicken and sweet corn soup (home made btw) with a small brown roll and veggies; S: museli bar; veggies and green tea; before or during the gym a piece of fruit D: not sure yet (usual depends on whats going).

Last night i had chicken stir fry with a mashed potato (i know it sounds weird but i decided to have 1 mashed potato instead of white rice - i made it with about 1 teaspoon of devondale spread and some skim milk and salt and pepper). Half a small dinner roll and a weight watchers ice cream for dessert.

I also baked chick peas for a snack theyre rather yummy i think i'll just buy them next time though for ease LOL :) i basically need something to munch on before dinner which is low in cals because i like snacking and im usually famished after the gym and want to like demolish the kitchen.

Exericse:

last night i did 20 mins of cardio then the spin class. Tonight i'll do 20-30 mins cardio then the boxing class. I need to do strength today or tomorrow also, probably do it tomorrow morning because it'll be my last chance to exercise before Monday (because i'll be away) i guess if the hotel has a gym i could use that but i dunno how happy my bf will be about that hehe. When he does his 'reading' (tafe/work) i might run and jump on a treadmill or something.

ok thanks for listening and supporting guys. I cant wait to reach my goal :) it will probably take a couple more months but its rather exciting. I just need to get rid of the thighs and belly mostly *grr* hehe :)

xx
candycane

Postby candycane » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:02 am

Good morning guys.

So i'm feelin loved up this morning. Im just excited to be going away with the boy for an entire weekend :) i told him he could go see his friend by himself if he wants (and that way i'll get a chance to use the hotel gym 8) ) but we'll see what happens. I really want to work out tomorrow though because i didn't this morning (had to pack).

Food:

Last night i had a piece of steak and massive plate of steamed veggies for dinner (corn, beans, broccoli, zucchini, potatos) my mum went a bit psycho with the veggies (still not entirely sure why but im not complaining!). I couldnt eat anything else because i was so full! Not even my hot chocolate :)

I also had a cup of tea and three arrowroot biscuits at my bfs house before dinner.

B: porridge with honey, natural yoghurt with sultanas (i was hungry this morn :) ) S: currently munching on my roasted chickpeas i made (sos one of the dudes from work he's loving them) L; chicken and sweet corn soup (i also want to buy a salad to make up for the veggie defecit today - nothing left to steam this morning!); S: fruit and museli bar; dinner: not sure because i'll be in Newcastle!!

Exercise

Last night i did 25 mins cardio, then the boxing class. I felt great, im getting a lot stronger then i was before with ab work (i have weak abs from an operation) so thats exciting. I want to try get to use the hotel gym tomorrow when my bf has coffee or whatever with his mate, or i'll go for a really long walk (i want to see my friend anyway she said it was a 20 minute walk to her work from where im staying so maybe i'll do some strength work at the gym then walk to visit my mate :)

i hope your all well. I'll have to post some recipes.

xxx
candycane

Postby Cac33 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:33 pm

Enjoy your weekend away chicky!!! If you don't get to exercise don't worry you're on holidays, just take time out, relax & enjoy time with your boy ;)

Keep the recipes coming, I love reading what everyone has tried & tested.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Tarz » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:17 pm

Enjoy your weekend away, although i'm sure you will. Well done on being so determined to still exercise while your away but don't get stressed if it doesn't happen. Enjoy yourself!
I'm thinking i will have to try the roasted chickpeas! They sound like a good snack.
Also well done on the smaller clothes, they sound like bargains!
WELL DONE on your exam!
Tarz

Postby candycane » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:47 pm

thank you ladies :) i will enjoy myself. I know its not the end of the world if i dont exercise, i just kno i'll be eating lots of yummy bad foods so i'd prefer to do *some* even if that means just mainly walking around rather then using the car.

I hope you all have lovelly weekends too xxx
candycane

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there