It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:34 pm

Free Newsletter

CC is almost there!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CC is almost there!

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:46 pm

Congratulations 4 passing your uni exams! Back in my uni days I would wait till the very last minute 2 open up my uni results. Not know was better than knowing.

That's great u r fitting into smaller size clothing. You must be tiny already to b fitting into sz 10. I can bearly fit a small over my head lol.

have fun on your weekend away!
Strawberry

Postby milkyway » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:59 pm

Hope you enjoy your weekend away CC and congrats for passing all your exams. The clothes you bought on sale sound grand :) It's such a good feeling to pick up clothes in a smaller size, eh? :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Booties » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:58 pm

oh you moved sections!!!! i am soo out of the loop. And it seems i had fallen off our bandwagon, i hope the band is still playing :p And is it nice up there on the wagon? hehe can i catch a ride again?

Good on ya for continuing on :p i seemed to have kinda not done that and i am very impressed with you and how much you have done :) go you, now i gotta try and catch up :)

hey, you don't look like you weigh as much as your ticker says!!! You look fab, i dont remember where i saw pics, maybe facebook, maybe not, but you are hot :p

Hows the gym? (hehe)

Take Care dear friend :p

Rach

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby candycane » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:27 pm

thank you for all your positive comments. I am very happy to have such a great support group on this site.

I've decided to step back a bit over the next couple of weeks, mostly because i'm spending wayyyy to much time on here instead of working, but also because there's lots of stuff i need to reevaluate in my life other then weight loss, so i have a little list which is made up of a budget and things i need to do for work and home. Maintaining weight loss is going to be the hardest thing, and because im getting so close to my goal, i want to make sure i've managed the other parts of my life as well to make it easier.

So if im not around as much its only because i have a whole lot of other stuff to get done. I'll still be lurking just not as much :)

ok much love guys xxx

PS: weekend was fantastic, just what we both needed. Food for today was good, food for the weekend was terrible! *but* as i've said before, acknowledge and move on. Its not about removing entire foods from my diet, its about moderation :) xxx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:28 pm

i seem to spend way 2 much time on here too. this forum is very addictive. Hope u get your other things sorted out.
Strawberry

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:34 pm

I hope you get all your stuff done CC and everything works out well for you. I look forward to seeing you around here even if you're not here as often as you used to be. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby candycane » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:28 pm

hey ladies,

EWQ and strawbs thanks for your replies.

Things are going well diet and exercise wise, but i think i need to take measurements, its the week before ttotm and i weigh like a whole kilo heavier then normal. This is really uncool because even though when i was away i didnt eat well, apart from that i feel like i've been really good. On an average day i eat up to 1500cals, 40grams of fat or less (only 9.7 saturated) and my percentages are roughly 15% fat, 62% carb and 23% protein. The fat is usually less (i just reevaluated my diet today to include 30gms cashews/almonds to up my protein and fat). I'm pretty strict through the week with what i eat, very rarely do i stray from whats usual.

I work out between 4 and 6 times a week (and the only time i went under 4 times is because i was studying for a week). Each session is between 1 n 1.5 hours (or more) so i burn probably between 400 and 600 calories per session.

So unsure why im not loosing weight unless its because im whacking on a load of muscle. But that should burn fat anyway so im entirely unsure! this is why i hate scales and never weigh myself :)

i hope your all doing fabulously. Life is normal, i'm getting heaps of my work done which is great, i've given myself some goals to complete for this week which are going pretty well, cant believe its friday :)

x
candycane

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:44 pm

i could just be water weight due 2 TOM. it could also b muscle gain - i read somewhere u can't build muscle & burn fat at same time: this doesn't sound right so could just be a myth. :? good idea on taking measurements, also take monthly pictures if u don't already do, visually u'll see the change.
another thing 2, as u lose weight u have 2 adjust ur calorie intake as u require less. i can't remember the last time i jumped on the scale have been avoiding it, jumping on them tomorrow. wishing us both luck for good readings on our next weigh in.
Strawberry

Postby candycane » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:11 pm

hey strawbs thanks for your reply :). Well i would adjust my calorie intake, but to maintain the weight im at i should be eating around 2000 calories, im concerned that if i eat less then what i do now i might be eating too less? and i know to loose a pound of fat you have to eat about 3500 less over the week or do that much in exercise. Hmmm, its all so confusing. I have an eating thing free with my fernwood membership maybe i'll book one in with my trainer n see what she says.

Goodluck with your weigh in i know you'll be great :))
candycane

Postby Cac33 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:19 pm

Hey CC

Thank you for your kind words on my thread, it was a very uplifting post & just what I needed to read I think. So big thank you!

I'm not really sure what to suggest about your situation but I suggest you take up the offer on the fernwood food thingy. It can't hurt & they may have some great advise for you.

Have a great weekend girlie!
Cass xox
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby candycane » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:02 pm

it's my pleasure cass i'm glad it helped you out :) it was all true. We all have moments of thinking we're not going to get any better or that we can't do something but that's when we need friends to jump in and say woahhh you are so not going down that train of thought girlfriend :)

So i've bascially found a website which has solved my weight problems and explains calories *thank god* i swear it is sooo informative on fat protein and carb calories. anyway i'll let u know how it goes. Im going to cut back by 250 calories per week to ensure more weight loss and work based on the method this dude suggests. I'll let u know in a couple of days what i come up with.

thanks again girls :) xx
candycane

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:26 pm

I always gain a kilo the week before TTOTM so I'd wait first to make sure it's not simply water weight! If you're unsure of how many calories you should be consuming check out calorieking.com.au. They will give you a good idea if you need to adjust your intake because you've lost weight.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Strawberry » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:32 pm

definitely take up the free food advice from ur gym.
as u get closer 2 goal u either have to decrease calorie intake or u don't want 2 do that u have 2 increase exercise- in vs out.
have a great weekend.
Strawberry

Postby candycane » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:18 pm

hey girlies,

ali i use calorie king (its great isnt it?) so i dont eat anything with hidden nasties, but generally speaking i try to eat mostly whole foods anyway which i make myself into something. I feel though CK generally overstates my daily amount of calories, for me personally.

Strawbs i know what u mean! Spoke to my trainer about it. She thinks im doing really well and anything i take out replace with protein so i dont get hungry.

So now instead of removing heaps of calories, im merely sticking to protein n veggies for dinner and not having much carbs (such as rice, pasta, potatoes etc). Last night i made a curry with no rice which was still really nice :) i guess we're just conditioned to have some form of filler with these meals. i hate ttotm weight! i hope thats what it was!

For desert i usually have natural yoghurt with some strawberries a few sultanas (not too many though stupid little carby things) and a little honey rather then weight watchers ice cream or somehting like that.

So my now day is generally: breakfast is oats with honey, lunch is homemade soup (no more rolls), dinner is lean meat and veggies. I have two pieces of fruit through the day and steamed veggies (today beans, pumpkin, broccoli and carrot) i also have my natural yoghurt thing and/or a hot choc made on low fat soy. I also have cups of herbal tea and two skim milk teas and one soy flat white. And pleanty of water :) gym is 4-5 times a week. I also have atleast one extra form of protein per day (which i havent started yet, but will probably be either an egg, handful of nuts, can of tuna, or a banana) - so lessen carb calories and increase protein calories.

Can't wait to have summer arms and belly!! everyone is noticing my weightloss at least, just the scales :P i'll let u all know if they change next week from my eating plan.

xx
candycane

Postby candycane » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:16 pm

well i think i've shifted my plateau, my weigh in isnt til next tuesday (or wednesday) so i wont know officially til then. apparently the gym scales (which coincide with my scales) were weighing people 2kgs heavier, so i might be 2 kgs lighter! but im not sure yet hehe. On the upside everyone keeps noticing now my weightloss which is really bizarre, i must have shrank in the last week or something. I think its because i've lessened my carbs - so to all u people reading my thread, carbs are not evil, but they should be limited to times in the day where u will actually burn them off, and to natural carbs rather then nasty ones.

all ive really done is upped my lean protein and veggies at night and taken out carb extras (like the wholemeal roll with lunch, and brown rice/potato with dinner. For lunch on the weekend i'll have a sandwich but through the week mostly soups or salads)

ok so i'll let u all kno how the weigh in goes. xx
candycane

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there