It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Free Newsletter

CC is almost there!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CC is almost there!

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:50 pm

We sound alike CC, I have had a few thoughts about splurging on a chocolate doughnut the last few weeks but then I just say to myself that if I do then the exercise I have just done is wasted. I just have to keep thinking that I want to lose weight more than I want that blasted doughnut :lol: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby candycane » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:03 pm

thanks so much for the support longy and sue i don't know where i'd be without you two :)

i've decided that this week is one of those forget about weeks. tomorrow i'll be realistic, and yes i want to loose weight more than eat choccies (most of the time hehe) When i finish assessments i'll up my exercise. That might change my opinion about the food and keep me busier :)

Longy thanks for that recipe i'll definately be making it this week i love lentils and beans and pumpkin!!!! yummy. Thanks for the pm too :) hopefully it starts working again how bizzare!
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:34 pm

No worries CC, you do the same for us :) .

Shalimar

Postby court » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:24 pm

hey cc sorry i only just saw this! i have been a bit bad tonight too..had a few mini twirls after nibbles at my parents! But i said NO to drinks, and no to dessert so they are two things to be positive about for today i think!! I am the same..i dont NEED to lose much more weight, but god i WANT to!!
I think we are putting a bit too much pressure on ourselves.. Mum was saying to me tonight that i need to ease up on it a bit sometimes...whilst i dont 100% agree with exactlyt the way she put it i think i understand what she was trying to say..that we have to live..and if that means having a choccie once a week then im going to do it if it means more to me at that particular moment than anything else! (i get a bit mental for chocolate!)..it is almost ttotm and it is freezing cold as well so my cravings are bad bad! I am going to start living by the 80/20 rule soon i think because i am gettin really paranoid about food! :roll:
Plus i think we need to keep reminding ourselves about how far we have come!!! we all need to be proud of oursleves :) we will NEVER let ourselves go back to how we were :D and that is something we should remind ourselves ALL the time! :lol:
dont beat yourself up CC you are an inspiration to lots of people on here :D
court

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:45 pm

Court is right CC you are an inspiration to many here, myself included. I know you have lifted my spirits more than once of late :D .

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:15 pm

thank you so much ladies :) i never thought of myself of that way, occasionally i think i'm a little overbearing with the advice lol i need to take my own advice!!!

court my mum is the same. And i think you are right about the cold, ttotm isn't immediately due for me tho :oops: you are right about the pressure. Longy said i should put the scales away for a week or so, and i think she's right. I might just put them away for two weeks and try my best. Sue, the feeling is mutual hun :) in fact all you ladies inspire me so much

What have we learnt?

:arrow: even the best of us occasionally will trip up. When we trip it doesn't mean that we are failures, it means that we are human
:arrow: even Michaelle Bridges probably eats cake
:arrow: we deserve to achieve greatness, but there is no sense in trying to rush something that takes time
:arrow: there's nothing wrong with treating ourselves, and those treats probably save us from bingeing later
:arrow: we have all achieved a lot. Between us ladies we've probably lost a couple of hundred kilos. That's freaking massive. We should be so happy with that :)
:arrow: don't sweat the small stuff. If we can eat well and exercise 80% of the time, at the end of the day the 20% shouldn't make much difference.
:arrow: we are a constant inspiration to eachother :)

Big hugs ladies :) xxx
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:33 pm

I'm with you on ditching the scales, I have been thinking the same thing but then I feel committed to weighing in for the challenges I have agreed to take part in. I would love to be strong enough to be rid of them for a month and then to have a nice surprise when I did finally weigh in :P , hopefully :wink: .

Maybe I can make it my pledge for next month, not to weigh in for the month of June. Maybe we could both make this pledge together and anyone else who cares to join in of course. Definitely something to think about anyway.

I have never found you overbearing CC and I think we are all guilty of not taking our own advice, I know I am. I mean how many times have I told someone not to feel bad over a small loss and that any loss is a good loss and then get the hump when I have a small loss :roll: ?

Big hugs right back at you :D .

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:32 pm

yeah i committed to the 100 kilo goal but i havent lost anything in like 2 weeks lol, so i think i might just forget about weighing myself for a while.

I think you are right about July challenge - to NOT weigh ourselves for 1 month :) i like that pledge :) it would be hard but it might be empowering also. We should take measurements too, and try and set some mini goals for each week. Like, vegetarian for tuesdays or fish fridays. Just little things to help us stay focussed. Well help me anyway :)

Yeah me too, i say dont worry at least you havent gained anything, then i worry coz i havent lost anything! The bad thing is i have an assignment due TOMORROW which i havent really been writing (its an essay, the research has taken most of my time) so i think i'll be pulling an all nighter some how :roll: i feel a bit ill tho from the choccy binge before. And TMI but my tummy was yuck and it kind of passed through me pretty fast lol :lol: :oops: yuck.
candycane

Postby longy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:45 am

How are you feeling this morning CC? Hope the assignment went /is going well- assignment time is NOT the time to be thinking about being good food wise- especially when they're all due at once....I'd go through a bottle of red writing mine the night before it was due- the red gave me magic language powers....never got a good mark without it!!!! so would have written off all of my calories each time!!!

Hope all is bright and shiney today and you feel good about the assignment and about hiding the scales for a bit. They need a time out on the naughty step, they're not behaving well :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:05 am

candycane wrote:I think you are right about July challenge - to NOT weigh ourselves for 1 month :) i like that pledge :) it would be hard but it might be empowering also. We should take measurements too, and try and set some mini goals for each week. Like, vegetarian for tuesdays or fish fridays. Just little things to help us stay focussed. Well help me anyway :)

I was thinking about this in bed last night :roll: , I am definitely going to do it. I will weigh in on the last Saturday of June, as usual, and that's going to be it until July 31 then I will post my hopeful loss. Little mini goals sounds like a great idea, I should do a no chocolate Tuesday or something :P . I will put a thread up when it gets a bit closer, but I am definitely in.

Shalimar

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Hey CC, I've been doing somemore thinking, the 31st of July is a Friday so I am going to weigh in as usual on the Saturday morning which is the 1st of August, perfect timing I think :P .

Shalimar

Postby longy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:28 pm

I'm so impressed by your planning Sue!
[/url]
longy

Postby candycane » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:54 pm

yay i'm excited sue :) for sure that sounds like a great idea. I'll make my 'last' weigh ins on Saturday July 4th too, then have my weigh in on Aug 1 :) Sue, what we should do is try and start off small, like 1st goal - no choc on tues, vegetarian wednesday, and build up so we have 'four' mini goals the following week, 6 mini goals in week three, and the last week we'll have to complete 8 mini goals :P

Longy you'll my assessment is due today and it's HALF done. Hopeing for some miraculous language skills, maybe i need to grab a bottle of red :lol: Hopefully it'll be ok. I was up til 4am writing, i think today might be harder tho. I don't have to hand it in til 6pm tho, which means i miss out on a PT session that i'm not happy about. I'm also ignoring the scales, it feels good to be ignoring them. I will concentrate on sticking to my goals of eating well and exercising, and that's all that matters. Thanks darl :) feelin much better.

The other thing is, because i've been doing so much strength, i haven't been doing as much cardio i think. I would like to try add some more cardio for fat burning over the next couple of weeks :) I'm going to try set myself a mini goal each day to stick to i think.

Today planned food:

Breakfast: porridge made with 1/3cup of skim milk, weightwatchers mini tub of apricots, and one piece of wholemeal toast with 1 tsp of extra light spread and 1tsp of ww strawberry jam
Lunch: continental cup-a-soup and a piece of wholemeal toast and a piece of fruit
Dinner: hopefully chicken stir fry. If not there's some weight watchers meals in the freezer.
Snack: morning tea - mandarin; afternoon tea - not sure; after the gym if i get there - protein shake.
1st personal mini goal - No DESSERT tonight!

thanks so much ladies i really appreciate the support you guys have been giving me :) xo
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Thank you Longy, I tend to over think at times I think :P :lol: .

Sounds great CC :D , I am going to make my last weigh in the 27th of June, that way I am off the scales for the whole of July.
I love the idea of building up on the mini goals, it will definitely break the monotony a bit. I can't wait :D .

Shalimar

Postby longy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Mini goals are so good- they're so much easier to achieve, which gives you the high of achievement and motivation to go even further!!! I think you girls are so good at this stuff- such planning and focus!!!! No wonder you've come so far already!
[/url]
longy

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there