It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Free Newsletter

CC is almost there!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CC is almost there!

Postby candycane » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm

So true :) it's much more satisfying. Sue, i'll just weigh in when you do. We'll create a new thread closer to that date :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Thanks Longy, feel free to join us :D .

We definitely need the new thread at the time, I am so pumped to do this :? .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby candycane » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:45 pm

Yay :) your so close sue, its nice to try and make weight loss a bit fun rather than such a drain on your emotions!

Ok so today's eating plan slightly different, but haven't gone over my cals according to Ck

Breakfast - the same
Snack - same
Lunch - same - toast had a grilled piece of bega super slim slice on it
Snack - paradise light macadamia biscuits, and a yoghurt (over a period of a few hours coz my dinner isn't ready yet!)
Dinner - will be a roast

CK - estimates it at about 1390 so thats good, between 1300 and 1400 as planned. I might have a hot choc later too.
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:59 pm

I am just hoping to see the turn of a new decade come August the first, we shall see.

Your eating sounds great CC, I don't know how you can wait so long for your tea though :P .

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:01 pm

its because my mum is cooking and she always takes ages. If i cook i eat early, if mum cooks we don't eat til like 9 lol. That's part of the problem really, hence why i snack a lot at night! But its a roast, worth waiting for :)
candycane

Postby candycane » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:15 am

ok so i just had a eureka moment. So tonight my diet started ok, and ended badly. It made me realise tho that i am a stress eater which i didn't think i was, i thought i just love the taste of food :mrgreen: But i couldnt figure out why i want to eat so much over the last week - its because the essay i'm writing has been stressing me out majorly. The one before i loved writing, was totally in the zone and was challenging, but i enjoyed the research. This one is not as difficult, but comes with other problems and is boreing (to me anyway). The problems i'm facing are to do with the fact that i don't feel like i'm doing anything new with the topic i chose to explore, because its a relatively new development and there's not much academic comment on it out there, nor has it been applied in any Courts. :x

So, everytime i think about that fact i reach for something to eat! SOOOO bad!!!! With the other essay i had tons and tons of research and ideas and stuff. I stayed in my room chained to the laptop, and only ate what i had planned to eat. So now that i've acknowledged that i'm not sure how to tackle that problem. I don't want to get fat every time something stresses me out. I need to change my attitude. This semester is a write off anyway - still have 2 assessments to go, but i haven't even looked at them. I'll have to plan for next semester - maybe it involves better planning of my assessments? A different approach like exercise when i feel like eating? Who knows! :| :roll:

Ok that's my little waffle over. What do u guys rekon?
candycane

Postby longy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:33 am

nice lightbulb moment CC (ps why were you thinking about that at 1.15am????) :D It's great when you have those moments when you can start planning around problems!!! I'm a procastination eater- I'll eat if I know I'm putting something off!!! The crazy things our minds do....

What I've been doing is writing a list of 5 minute jobs I need to get done so when I feel like eating something that's not on the plan, I complete one of the jobs first, and then if I still feel like eating, I'll have a glass of water and then if I STILL feel like eating, I've had enough time to think of something healthy to put in my mouth instead of what I was hankering after in the first place. It seems to be working for me?

I think the exercise is still important though- and you can use the exercise time to think about the planning of your assignments and to get out the stress of them. So consciously use your exercise time as the stress realease, and you'll be less likely to reach for something later on. Hope this helps?
K x
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:02 am

At least you have gotten to the root of why you are eating and it can only get better from here. Right :wink: ?

I have never been a stress eater, in fact when stressed food is the last thing I want but I think I do suffer a bit from boredom eating, it hasn't been a problem for the last 18 months or so but it does surface every now and again, I just don't give in to it.

I understand the roast thing, I would love a roast one night but being from Yorkshire stock I have to have Yorkie pud with it and it's just not worth it right now. I'll just have to wait for maintenence for that one :( .

Must go for now, I need to get dressed and pack juniors lunch.
Have a great day :D .

Shalimar

Postby court » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:48 pm

i have realised i am a boredom eater..my idea to combat that is to KEEP busy! hehe As you can prob tell if i am not at work or riding my butt off i am at the gym or on here!! :roll: :lol:
I have only realised this in the last 4 months though... so i think it is great that you have come to that realisation C cos now you have tools to overcome it! Maybe before you sit down to study prepare healthy snacks and put them right in view in teh fridge, i.e. carrot sticks with some light tzatziki, stewed apple, hot chocolates! I mean they are all calories but nothing like if you go straight for chippies or chocolate! I am going straight to warm food at the moment :shock: so it is best to have some warm fruits prepped!!
I would have a bath but my new bathroom is freezing :cry: I am wanting OH to put in a IXLtastic or somethign like that so i can enjoy the bathroom!
court

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Stewed apples, now there is something I keep meaning to do :D .

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi everyone, i thought i'd start off with how i'm doing today. So i've handed in that assessment now, and i'm happy with it (well as happy as i can be lol) i don't think it's a HD effort or anything but i know i will at least get a credit.

Today's eating:

breakfast: yoghurt top coles muesli bar, 5 prunes, 2 dates, small bunch grapes and small mandarin (fruit i had at the hairdressers, was running late in the morn and he fed me lol) lunch: turkey and salad sandwich on wholemeal bread with about a tablespoon of avocado. Snack: regular lite soy cap. 2 salt and vinegar corn thins, jarrah hot choc. Dinner - mum's cooking rissoles with boiled potato (and prolly more steamed veg). CK says thats about 1200 cals. I might have a weight watchers dessert after dinner, or a cup of tea with 2 paradise lite bikkies or something which will bring the tally up to 1300.

First, thank you all for replying to me with your own similar experiences, and ideas. I cannot express how much it helps having all of your support and knowing im not the only one in this boat. Second, my other lightbulb moment, was that i USED to smoke, i quit over a year ago, but my assessment periods havent been as stressful as this one (twice as many subjects). So, before i used to do all my brilliant work with a cig hanging out of my mouth, now i think another part of my cravings is that i don't smoke anymore.

Longy: i know, wtf was i doing on the forum at 1am??LOL it's because i was up doing my assessment. I do most of my brilliant work between the hours of 10pm and 4am :) so i usually try to work on stuff during the day, and end up doing most of it at night. I think it has something to do with the lack of distraction. At that point i think i was looking for something to snack on.

I like your 5 min job idea, i think i'll try cleaning my room when i want to eat lol that should cure it :) i became kind of obsessive about cleaning when i quit smoking, so it might just work. This time i'll be quitting food that doesnt nourish my bod. It does help :)

Sue, your exactly right. I can only move up! (or my weight can only move down!) thanks for shareing your own experience, i think boredom and stress eating are similar. It's nice to know the trigger! Are yorkshire puds fattening? My friends mum makes them but mine doesnt. Her mum used to tho i think (English background) or you can wait til your next bday dinner darl :)

Court: do you think JC helped you come to that realisation or yourself? I think having a consultant in some ways is probably a good thing. Your right, i jhavent been shopping for a while so i should probably stock up :) what's an IXL tastic??

Stewed apples is on my list of things to make too!! yummy.

Thanks ladies *big group hug* :)
candycane

Postby candycane » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:04 pm

Oh btw my hairdresser said i look the best he's ever seen me. My arse looks great and i look all toned :D that was lovelly of him hehe
candycane

Postby court » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:44 am

Hairdressers are great hey cos they tell you it like it is!! :lol: :lol: So you KNOW its true!!
Umm i think to be honest JC has helped in many ways - I dont really tell my consultant that much - she only really asks proper questions if I maintain or PUT ON weight... But it has definitely make me think more about everything I eat... She is not a qualified dietician and if I wanted the JC job they have told me I would be GREAT at it! (and i have NO qualfications!!) So really, i am there to learn portion sizes, food group choices etc not so much for the conusltations..but it is great to be accountable to someone! And this forum has taught me HEAPS and just my general research!! But JC got me started - I thought I was just oen of those unlucky BIG BONED people! :roll: :lol:

You sound so much more positive today (yesterday?) what is teh eating plan for today like?? :D
court

Postby candycane » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:00 pm

i feel much more positive court. I guess at JC they like having people who have had success with weight loss too, so you could say look what i did you can do it too! Would you think about working there? :)

Geez CK is taking so long, i want to figure out what i'm eating today :shock: :lol:

So far, planned without CK

Breakfast: Porridge, 20grams of prunes, 1 tsp ww strawberry jam, 1 mandarin
Snack: Jarrah (60cal) chai tea latte, 100grams of grapes, fibre fix bar
Lunch: ainsley harriot cous cous, can of johnwest tomato and onion tuna, 20grams light tasty grated cheese, some veggies
Snack: tzatziki and carrot, maybe a couple of corn thins.
Dinner: possible that i will make a recipe on the carnation evaporated cream tin. I thought i would make a variation of it, using the evaporated milk as cream, like a boscaiola with some weightwatchers rindless bacon, mushrooms, onion, and serve it on grilled chicken and steamed veggies.
Sogood chocolate soy icecream for dessert (if i need it :D)

Last night i spent some time browsing body builder sites. They can be really informative i highly reccommend taking a look :) i was reading about this one guys weightloss and it reinspired me.

I think i've been eating too much refined foods, so i'm going to try eat less refined food, more veggies and fruit etc. More protein and fibre. He suggested lots of low cal sauces fruit, veggies, white meat etc. So I went shopping today and bought lots of yummy fresh stuff (cost a fortune tho). I'm going back to my limit carb rule to times of the day when i work it off. Fact of the matter is i have fat on my belly and thighs. Yes i fit into a size 10, but i still have flab i want to rid, and i know with determination i will be able to do it :)

I took your advice court and bought some tzatziki and light dip - individually portioned. I love individual portions it makes things lots easier. I also bought lots of pumpkin, beans, lentils, chickpeas etc so i can make some soups.

I also need to drink more water i havent been drinking much water lately.

And i didn't binge at all last night so i've improved already! hehe :) just drank cups of tea instead :)
candycane

Postby court » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:33 pm

I dont think i would work there...not sure..might be somethign i would consider down the track PT if i have kids??

we are both having tuna! :D What is the soy ice cream like yum sounds good!

So talking of body builders i found out a girl i went to school with does it and her sis! they are pretty high up in it too...interesting..there is so much science behind it though hey...wouldnt be a bad idea adopting some of the principles for weight loss..those women are a bit scary looking though! :shock:

Im with you on the refined foods..i am keeping away from lots of packaged stuff (obviously not the JC food though :lol: ) but when i finish the program I am going to try and be as natural as i can be - additives, even the word soudns bad hey!!
I need to drink more water atm too..i am finding green tea is helpng!! Man i want a real coffee i just asked mum to pick me one up cos it is pouring and she said NO :( dam!
court

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there