It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Free Newsletter

CC is almost there!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CC is almost there!

Postby candycane » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:49 pm

really? how awesome. I really admire those people. They are like at the peak of physical perfection, but like you i don't want to look like a she woman. But they have such a low body fat percentage that it's good to take some of their ideas and incorporate it into your own weight loss.

It's not a tuna! (spoke like arnod scwartzenegger in kindergarten cop) hehe well actually it is. I love tuna, i don't eat it enough. When i was 'liver clensing' (probably the most effective weight loss diet i've tried. I just dont want to give up meat/dairy) i found that i loved tuna and avocado on toast. There was no limits on the amount of food you could eat, but it all had to be unrefined, and organic where possible. So basically you end up eating all wholegrain bread etc, fish, organic tins of tomatos and things (no sugar), no dairy allowed - so you eat soy products where possible, tofu etc. I felt so good but it's hard when a big steak comes along LOL :) i think its successful because the foods you are eating are so dense. Maybe you could have a look at borrowing it from the library or something? Dr Sandra Cabot. It has a lot of useful stuff about fats and things in it.

Yeah i'd love to do a nutrition course. I just don't have time, i figure when i finish law i'll do a couple of random interest courses, like english lit or nutrition :) :lol:
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:42 pm

candycane wrote:Sue, your exactly right. I can only move up! (or my weight can only move down!) thanks for shareing your own experience, i think boredom and stress eating are similar. It's nice to know the trigger! Are yorkshire puds fattening? My friends mum makes them but mine doesnt. Her mum used to tho i think (English background) or you can wait til your next bday dinner darl :)

I make them just with a teaspoon of oil in the pan, not like they do on tv with about half a cup of oil, I guess one would be ok but I don't know if I could stop at one :lol: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby candycane » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:14 pm

lol yeah i made a nice casserole with dumpling things and it is hard to limit to one!

Ok so eating now with CK's input

Breakfast: Porridge, 20grams of prunes, 1 tsp ww strawberry jam, 1 mandarin
Snack: Jarrah (60cal) chai tea latte, 100grams of grapes, fibre fix bar
Lunch: ainsley harriot cous cous, can of johnwest tomato and onion tuna, 200gram pack steam fresh veggies
Snack: banana yoghurt OR piece of fruit; protein shake after the gym
Dinner: Light evaporated milk boscaiola with 1/2 chicken breast, 1 slice weightwatchers rindless bacon, mushrooms, onion, served on steamed veggies.

Total: 1406 cals.

17.2grams of fat; 119grams protein; 180grams carb; 1613mg sodium; 21grams fibre.

I'd like more fibre but what else is heavy with fibre? Any ideas?
candycane

Postby candycane » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:28 pm

made a yummy dish tonight for dinenr thought i'd share

Ingredients:

Serves 3

1 can carnation light evaporated milk
1 tsp mustard
300-400grams chicken
shallots
1 onion
mushrooms
3 slices weight watchers rindless bacon
garlic
some flour (i used wholemeal)
Spray oil

Cut chicken into thin strips and coat lightly with flour. Chop up all veggies. Spray a pan with spray oil and brown the chicken. then put chicken aside and brown onions, mushrooms and bacon. add garlic stir through, Add in shallots, chicken, milk, mustard, stir through. Add cornflour too thicken sauce. Walla! It's like a variation of the prawn dish on the side of the can it was very yummy

I served it on steamed veggies. i also had a small low cal salad before hand. All together, 350 cals, 8grams fat, 2grams sat fat, 50grams of protein (apparently) 14grams carb. (with the veggies and salad) it's probably about 320 calories without the veggies etc.
candycane

Postby matchbox » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:58 pm

i had honey mustard chicken for dinner tonight too CC! yours sounds more healthy than mine though :lol:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Shalimar » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:27 am

That sounds great CC, I will give it a go. Would it freeze do you think as I am the only one that would eat it?

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby candycane » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:07 am

Hi sue, I should think so i actually put one serve in the freezer because i asked for a chicken breast (thinking about 200-300grams for two serves) and he gave me this huge as 300-400gram (for one breast!!) so that's why it ended up being three serves. I put one in the freezer to have next week. Other than that you could halve the recipe and use the other half of the can of evaporated milk in another dish. THey have other dishes on the nestle site too. My family tried the chicken dish and really liked it btw, maybe your family would like it?

Matchbox: it was seriously yummy you can make my version next time :)

Ok for today:

Breakfast: 20grams of prunes in porridge (skim milk) 1 slice rockmelon
Snack: 100grams seedless grapes and a nestle diet yoghurt
Lunch: Turkey and salad sandwich on wholemeal bread with 1 tb avocado
Snack: tzatziki and carrot sticks, small apple
Gym: step class; protein shake;
Dinner: baked lamb chops with onions and carrots and maybe tomato
Dessert: so good chocolate bliss icecream (2 scoops); jarrah chai latte

the good thing about soy ice cream is its good for you and its really quite strong flavoured, i feel like it's having wholemeal bread instead of white, it is more filling or something.

Total calories: 1380

Fat: 32; Sat. Fat 10; Protein 103.2; Carb. 172.5; Fibre 23.1; Sodium 1455

Tomorrow i'll have to look at finding some high protein snacks. My carbs are up and my protein is down, probably i need to have a can of tuna in the arvo on crackers with some avocado or something *ponders* :)
candycane

Postby candycane » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:21 am

Ok planned tomorrow - much better breakdown

Breakfast: 20grams of prunes in porridge (skim milk) 1 slice honeydew
Snack: 100grams seedless grapes and a nestle diet yoghurt (200gms)
Lunch: home made 'mustard chicken'
Snack: 2 corn thins, 1tb avocado and 1 tin tuna in springwater
Gym: aerobics class; spin class (1.45hrs); protein shake;
Dinner: 150gms grilled perch; 1 zucchini, 1 carrot and 1 squash (steamed)

Fat: 22.1; Sat. Fat: 5.2; Protein 155.9; Carb. 152.3; Fibre 18.9; Sodium 970mg 1411: calories

Sue does that benefibre stuff have much calories?
candycane

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:42 am

You're doing great, CC. Good on you! Your determination is really inspiring. :D

As to the Benefiber question, I have a container in my kitchen so if Sue doesn't mind I'll be able to jump in and answer. Each serving has 8 calories. It's very low in calories because it's mostly soluble fibre which can't be digested by the body. It just forms a gel which keeps your stomach full for longer and slows the absorption of other sugars in your stomach. It's worth noting that it's not insoluble fibre, which helps scour out your bowels. You need other fibre sources for that.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby candycane » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:46 am

thanks ewq! I've actually had a bit of a bad couple of weeks in terms of weight loss, i think due to stress really but i've finally got my mojo back :)

That's interesting so it doesnt so much add fibre, it just helps you feel fuller longer? Doesn't help in passing food?

I wonder if there's any vegan body builders. It must be hard getting the protein up being vegan/ I'll have to look for you ewq :)
candycane

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:13 pm

There are actually a few vegan body building websites out there! I had a look at some when I tried lowering my carb intake a while ago. It takes even more dedication than regular body buildling, IMO, because you're so restricted with vegetable protein sources. So I decided to pass on that weight loss and fitness option!

Benefiber adds a different sort of fibre than the one we're used to talking about. Bran and other insoluble fibre passes intact through the digestive system, restoring the pH balance of the bowels and scrubbing them out. Soluble fibre fills the tummy, but it also bulks up the stools which makes them softer and easier to pass. Apparently it can also help with irritable bowel syndrome.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby candycane » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:40 pm

i might get some of that then,. thanks heaps for that info ewq its really informative. I wanted to know what the difference was :)

Ok anyone looking for high protein low cal snacks http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/367050 really good thread. I'm going to try a couple on the weekend, sundays eating plan is:

Breakfast: 20grams of prunes in porridge (skim milk) 1 slice honeydew
Snack: 150grams of tofu, marinated and baked; 100gms jalna natural yoghurt
Lunch: Turkey and salad sandwich on wholemeal bread with 1 tb avocado
Snack: 1/2 low fat cup cottage cheese, 1tb strawberry weight watchers jam and some cinnamon, mixed and warmed; 100gms jalna natural yoghurt
Gym: boxercise, 30mins cardio; protein shake;
Dinner: 150gms grilled chicken; 1 zucchini, 1 carrot and 1 squash (steamed)

1445 calories - Fat - 28.5; Sat. Fat - 7.8g; Protein - 141.2; Carb. 156.7; Sodium 1770mg

So slightly over with cals, but my protein levels are awesome, and only 6gms over my carb intake. Sodium slightly higher but still under the reccommended 2500 serve per day.

I have a greek wedding on saturday so i better make sure i go to the gym early and eat very light in the day :/
candycane

Postby candycane » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:57 pm

hey guys another yummy recipe!!

http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2006/ ... ecipe.html - roast pumpkin soup (even u can have it ewq just omit the cream/yoghurt at the end, its creamy without cream :) )

the only different thing i did was use natural yoghurt to put in it for serving. It was a bit fiddly making but i really like it :)

Breakdown - 1.5 cups

cal: 260; kj: 1085; fat: 8.7; satfat: 2.5; chol: 0; protein: 12.6; carb: 33.1; Sugar: 23.9; Fibre: 6.8; Sod.: 750; Calc: 72

very filling. Had for dinner tonight yummy :)
candycane

Postby longy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:06 am

ha CC just comparing your dinner cals with mine- I think we eat opposite for the day!!! I have under 300 for brekky, about 350 for lunch and usually about 400-450 eating at night (whether its dinner dinner/dessert/snacking all night) 260 would never be enough for me! I'd be hungry by 10pm. I wish I could do it your way!

Pumpkin soup sounds delicious though. Tonight I've got steak, some small potatoes, and brocolli....i'm going to have some raw red capsicum too just because I love it and it's good to snack on instead of cheese and bikkies before the footy tonight.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Postby candycane » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:00 pm

hi guys just popping in to say hello and that i've been busy so i'm kind of awol at the moment. GOod to see everyone is doing well, i'm a little relaxed in my approach at the moment :oops: but i'll be back to normal next week i'm sure when i go back to working full time :roll: at least then i will have *gasp* a routine!!!

Ok talk to you soon xo
candycane

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there