It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Free Newsletter

CC is almost there!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CC is almost there!

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi CC, I had noticed your absence and am glad you'll be back next week. It's funny you haven't been on much and neither have I . Maybe there's something in the air :lol: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby candycane » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:42 am

lol must be sue :) i'm just trying to get all my uni stuff done which the semester is finally over for me thank goodness i can be a real person now!!

Back to square one im afraid tho. Am planning on takeing up a couple of different things tho, professional boxing coach (i.e. not in a ring, but as in a coach who is a boxer lol) with a girl from the gym. Need to find out more info, and maybe doing running as well. We'll see :)

Today:

Breakfast: porridge (skim milk) 4x prunes 1 tsp strawberry ww jam. 1 slice of toast with 1 tsp extra light spread and slice bega super slim cheese
Snack: vive light mini bikkies
Lunch: Home made pumpkin soup, 1 slice bread
Snack: banana
Dinner: lean cuisine/weight watchers meal (whatever is fast!)
Total: 1350cals

I figure over the next few days i'll ease back into normal eating, n by monday i'll be able to hit the gym and good eating pretty hard :) i'm pumped to loose the last 10 kilos. Now that uni is over i can get into a routine.
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:46 am

Hi CC, I just set up our no weigh July thread, we'll see if there are any takers :D .

Shalimar

Postby Czarina » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:06 pm

You''ll get there CC, we both will! :D
Czarina

Postby MissMinx » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi stranger...well I've been the stranger as I've been sick..all is good now thank god.

You must be over the moon about uni time-out! you can exercise any time of the day! what are you going to end up doing? mornings, day or night time? combination?

Your diet always sounds great to me! mine is so boring and simple whereas yours has nice variety.

I was bad on the wkd CC in terms of my diet. I started exercising on Friday and Sat did 10kms both days...my body was killing me cause I've been out for over a week. I had 4 glasses of wine on Sat night and last night I baked home made scones :( my bf loved them and as a matter of face so did i!!! lol! I feel pretty terrible today, Im hanging to get home from work tonight and start exercising at 6pm to get this guilty stuff out of my head and body!!

Anyways I'm gonna stop sooking and get on with it ;)
Take care. MM.
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby candycane » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:56 pm

Yum MM Scones!! i love them :) the main thing is you enjoyed them!

It feels weird being on uni holidays. I am enjoying some time out. I work full time tho now so sometimes it feels like im still busy all the time lol.

I might be house sitting in a couple of weeks which will change things up for me, i wont be able to go to the same gym for one, but i'll figure it out!! There's a fernwood near there i can go to. It'll be good tho to be cooking what i want and not having a bunch of temptations staring at me! That's the only problem living at home. My bf will be happy to have someone cook for him so he won't be so concerned.

SO as far and diet and exercise is concerned things are normal i.e. not bad and not good, just plodding along steadily. I still go to the gym at night and sat mornings, i couldnt fathom trying to get up at 5am to get to the gym in time!! When i'm house sitting i'll be able to because my bf will get me up in the morn he works early.

Diet is pretty good, slowly weening myself of refined carby foods LOL i.e. even the low fat desserts.

Food:

Breaky: porridge made with skim milk 1 tsp honey, one piece of toast with a tsp nut spread
Snack: A few nuts (i have 20gms mixed nuts and 20gms chic nuts for the whole day) and a pear
Lunch: Subway today!! (my 'fastfood' treat) roast chicken all salads.
Snack: A mandarin and the rest of my nut mix
Dinner: not sure yet i usually see what mum makes then decide if i can eat it or if i need to make something else.
Dessert: microwave baked apple with some fat free natural yoghurt OR a choc 'protein bar'.
Drinking: maybe a glass of pepsi max, green tea, and over a litre of water

I made the 'chocolate' protein bars and it seems quite nice very dense. Its the one from the recipe section. I think i need to incorporate more protein rich foods tho into my diet. Maybe some crackers with turkey as a snack or cottage cheese. I am supposed to get up t 150grams but i can usually only get to 100-110. I cant eat tuna as happily as before!! Altho i might be able to have a can of plain tuna on ryvita in the morning *ponders*

Training: usual, i try to get to the gym 6 days a week, and i'm doing PT twice a week. One day i might start running for a change.

Ok hope you are all well. Take care!
candycane

Postby candycane » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:46 pm

Oh no! and i always thought i had a decent sized frame. Looks like i am small jointed!! hehe

Taken from 'burn the fat feed the muscle, Tom Venuto' (reading at the mo, so many reccommendations on bodybuilder forums from people who have gone from having kids to body sculpting comps) and its for us girls who want to tone up and lose body fat %. I've already bought some body fat calipers! hehe

4. Joint circumferences
People may be either large boned, medium boned or small boned. Many people complain
of being “big-boned,” citing that as a reason they are overweight. Joint size affects the
way your body is shaped, however it has nothing to do with your ability to lose body fat.
The simple test for joint size is to wrap your hand around your opposite wrist. If your
thumb and middle finger overlap, you are small jointed (usually 6-7 inch wrists); if your
thumb and middle finger touch, you are medium jointed (usually 7-8 inch wrists); if your
thumb and middle finger do not touch, you are large jointed (usually 8 inches or more in
wrist circumference).
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:08 pm

Just popping in to put the link in for the protein bar I made :D .

http://www.calorieking.com.au/recipes/B ... 01NjE.html

I worked them out at a lower calorie content (around 75 cals) than they say but I may have used less protein powder as the recipe calls for 2 scoops and to me that is a bit subjective so I just used 20 gms.
I also made my own apple sauce and I used baking paper in the tray rather than cooking spray and flour. I figure by not using the flour and oil it would save a few cals.

Next time I will try some light and tasty cereal rather the sultana bran to vary it a bit.

Shalimar

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:55 pm

I don't trust any theory that bases weight loss on people's frames to be honest. I have tiny wrists but wide shoulders and hips. I have big boobs and 'generous' thighs no matter how skinny I've been. 'Small frame' simply doesn't take all of this into account. If you base it just on frame I should be aiming to look like Kate Moss or a teeny little Russian gymnast. My wrists may look like theirs but by god the rest of me never will! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby candycane » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:07 am

Yeah the book says the size of your joints have nothing to do with your ability to lose fat, it was basically pointing out the differences between different body types, and ways in which to figure out what body type, or rather 'blend' of body type you are. So it basically tells you different characteristics of each body type, one of the characteristics being joint size :)

its just like the whole 'you need to be this weight' or 'this bmi' the author pretty much says no to that as it doesnt account for the fact he's a body builder and weighs about 90kilos at 5'8 putting him in the 'overweight range' but its all muscle.

He advocates working out your body fat percentage, and figuring out a goal from that percentage. I think he reccomends the avg woman being between 16 and 20%, or lower if you want to be a body sculptor or other type of athlete. But also talks about not lowering your body fat % too much because it plays around with your ability to reproduce and your hormones etc.
candycane

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:36 am

Ah, that's fair enough. I agree with the 'blend of body type' idea. There are so many factors to consider that many people don't sit neatly in one category of the traditional small frame/medium frame/big frame, ectomorph/mesomorph/endomorph models.

I think working out your body fat percentage is a great idea. If only there were an easy way to do it at home! From what I've heard the only accurate way to measure body fat is with calipers, and you have to be trained to know how to use them properly.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby candycane » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:59 am

Yeah the problem is there is a lot of variables among the different methods of measuring body fat, even the scales aren't completely accurate, so what this author says is you try and take as many measurements as possible, and then if it all is dropping then it means that your method is working. If you aren't seeing any results then you have to change your method, it isn't about 'failure' but it just means that a particular method is not giving you results.

I think the main reason for explaining the different types was to illustrate that what works for one won't necessarily work for another, particularly with nutrition and stuff. And when you reach a plateau u can look to what works and doesnt work for your body 'type' and adjust it. If that doesnt give u results adjust again!

I like the whole there is no failure, there is only methods that give you results and methods which don't.

I've bought myself some digital calipers ($40 incl postage off an american site) http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=806

i noticed on ebay you can get non digital for $9.00 or a different digital set for $24.95 + postage. Or you can get the one's i bought off the american site for $70 + postage.

http://beauty.shop.ebay.com.au/items/Be ... ec0Q2em282

I've read through a lot of body building sites and they tend to reccomend using calipers, so once i get them i'll go through the instructions, as well as looking through the book (has a whole section on how to do it yourself) and also have a look online i might ask my PT to do it :) i also want to take measurements and i may have to weigh once to see where im starting at (sue i'll still be doing the challenge tho! it'll just be for a starting pt)

:D
candycane

Postby candycane » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:22 am

Food for today:

M1: wholemeal toast with 10gms nut spread, 100grams gippsland organic no fat natural yoghurt, 30gms strawberries, 15gms mixed nuts
M2:100grams gippsland organic no fat natural yoghurt, 1T carman's untoasted museli, 1xryvita cracker, 50gms shaved chicken
M3: wholemeal bread with tinned salmon in springwater, salad and 20gms avocado, 1xpear
M4: 25gm chicnuts, 1xryvita and a tin of tuna in springwater, 1/2 mandarin
GYM: Aerobics/spin classes (1.45hrs); M51/2 cream cheese choc protein bar 1/2 mandarin
M6: 100gms perch (grilled); salad; 1x boiled egg; 20gms bega tasty cheese

Total: 1512 calories, 15% fat, 39% protein 46% carb which is pretty good as i'm trying to follow the books guidelines and it's reccomended: "If fat loss is your number one goal and you want to achieve it the healthy way without losing muscle or energy, then you can't go wrong with 50-55% carbohydrates, 30% protein and 15-20% fat as your starting point." as "These numbers are not intended as a rigid prescription;" hehe

I kind of lowered my meal calories to include 6 meals, M5 is because i wont get any protein etc til my dinner and i need a hit directly after my workout, with some carbs (the 1/2 mandarin).

This book is quite interesting :)
candycane

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:17 pm

Tell us how you go with the fat calipers. I'd be very interested to know if they're a reliable measurement tool for home use! Good luck with the six mini-meals. I hope it gives you some good results.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby candycane » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:28 pm

thanks ali :) so do i! As long as i'm happy that's the main thing. And i'm not happy if i drop my calories too low, i feel good and full of energy at the moment so i must be doing something right.
candycane

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there