It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:54 pm

Free Newsletter

CC is almost there!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CC is almost there!

Postby candycane » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:04 pm

hey strawbs :) i didnt find not eating bread hard. I mean i used to love bread, but i just dont eat it now, i didnt really think of it as being easy or hard not to eat it, if that makes sense. I still eat it, but usually only lunch time on a weekend or breakfast.

I thought about buying some rice wraps, but i don't eat it enough and i'd waste the packet. Just so if i feel like a sandwich i can eat something with less carbs in it. I might still buy it.

I eat more protein if im still hungry. i find when i eat bread i get massively bloated now too which is uncool. Making bread sounds good, i thought about making a low carb bread but then it needs heaps of fatty stuff to make up for the lack of carbohydrate so i figured no point lol (still getting the calories just not in carb form). You could add heaps of seeds n grains to it n it would taste tons better too :) i had a piece of home made bread (someone else made it) the other day for lunch toasted mmm was really yummy

For sure you can do it, you just really need to not put as much emphasis towards the scales because how you look and feel is what matters.
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby candycane » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:50 am

Hey ladies

not a lot to report really, wasnt able to go to the gym mon/tues/wed due to haveing a flu/throat thing plus my tooth being bad. I went last night and did two classes, i'll go tonight and do a class and saturday. Kind of dissapointed i've missed 1 - 2 days of workouts, perhaps i can make it up by doing a dvd on sunday (i have a lunch to go to).

food wise i find i eat poorly when i dont go to the gym! but i didnt go too bad, i just snacked more at the beginning of the week. Still sticking to my less carbs at night rule, so i dont think i've put on any weight anyway (well i hope not!!)

cant wait for my fancy new scale that does body fat percentage to arrive :)
candycane

Postby Tarz » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:17 am

candycane wrote:food wise i find i eat poorly when i dont go to the gym! but i didnt go too bad, i just snacked more at the beginning of the week. Still sticking to my less carbs at night rule, so i dont think i've put on any weight anyway (well i hope not!!)

I know exactly what you mean, when you go to the gym you make more of an effort to eat well, because you have done the hard work you don't want to put it back on, thats why its a good reason to get into the habit of going to the gym, you automatically eat better.

Well done on sticking to the low carb at night rule, i am still trying but last night i didn't get much say, Sam wanted to make paella for dinner and would not let me say no. I tell him i want to avoid rice, potato, pasta etc so he goes and makes a rice based meal! His evil!

Where did you buy your scales? I bought scales from deals direct and i don't think they are right, i think they are saying i am lighter then i really am. How much did they cost? The really fancy ones i have seen cost $200!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Tarz

Postby candycane » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:37 am

i got the scale from flybuys so im not sure how much you pay for it normally.

https://www.flybuys.com.au/flybuys/cont ... _code=BMQS

Features:

Body Fat %
Adult's & Children's Healthy Body Fat Ranges
Total Body Water %
Muscle Mass
Visceral Fat Rating
Athlete Mode
Large 28mm LCD
Recall Function
8 Setup Memories
Transparent Electrode Technology
Weight Capacity 150kg / 23st 8lb
Weight Increment 100g / 0.2lb
Toughened Safety Glass

i was just sick of having a scale which i dont really think is right, and also not being able to see how much i need to take off, without muscle and water weight n stuff. Have u tried weighing like at the doctors or somewhere then going home to weigh yourself? I looked over some forums who said tanita was a good supplier so i thought stuff it the damn points are running out neway lol
candycane

Postby ali76 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:14 pm

Jeepers! They do sound fancy!

I'm so sick of scales...mine tell me one thing, Daryl's tell me another (heavier) then I donated blood yesterday and they told me another (heavier AGAIN!).

Good on you for lowering your carbs at night....I find by the time I get home from work (9pm), the easy thing to do is have a crumpet or baked potato in the microwave cos I want something quick...bad...

Hope you're feeling better!

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Tarz » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:21 pm

They do sound fancy, and being paid for by flyby points are a bonus! I don't really go to the doctors much to be able to get weighed, my gym don't have communal scales, and i have tried weighing myself at my folks place but by the time i get there i have eaten and drunk all day and have clothes on so i don't know how accurate thet would be. We will be having health checks done at work next month, i will see what those scales say (and avoid eating all morning before hand and wear something very light).
Tarz

Postby Strawberry » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:33 pm

you got the scales - great! scales are horrible i'm finding it really had to shift the 70's. i think i'm stuck on a plateau. i know what you mean about not eating well when you don't exercise - it seems to happen to everyone.
have a great weekend.
Strawberry

Postby candycane » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:21 pm

hi ladies yay the fancy scales arrived :) i weigh 77 kilos this morning (which is exciting because a) i was terrible the other weekend with eating and convinced id put on weight and 2) im due for my period so maybe i'll weigh less next week). I've been great with eating and exercise all week, i've done two boxing classes, one mix training class and one pump class and one pt session. Next week i'm aiming to add an extra pump class and pilates - i couldnt go to pilates because i needed to do my assignment :)
candycane

Postby Booties » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:35 pm

hey dude, i think i lost the wagon.

you are great
you are awesome
you are doing it!

i stand in awe cos well i cant do it :p so i am amazed

good on ya

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby candycane » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:19 am

Oh rach darlin girl, you can do it you just need to get into the swing of things, get motivation. I will post something on your thread in case u miss this...

Ok so i weighed in at 76.5 today which is exciting. A loss of 900 grams :) i was quietly hopeing for a loss this week. This means in 12 weeks i've lost 5.5 kilos which is about half a kilo per week on average. This is a good thing because i've gradually loosing - and if i keep this up i'll be around 70kilos at summer time. I'm thinking if i'm almost always good with food and exercise i might even be under 70 kilos :D i'm hopeing anyway - my goal at the moment has changed to 67kilos, because i think that that'll be the healthiest weight for my height and build. Need to look hot on that beach 8)

I've been pretty good, ate a bit more than i'd have hoped on monday and tuesday though (due to the corn thins and light cheese temptation) i only had two corn thins but still, everything adds up when ur at this stage of weight loss. It isnt so much a gain as more as those few calories will maintain my current weight, but obviously since i lost weight ultimately it didnt do much. My weekends are the worst, i try make the best choice when i go out for dinner but its hard when you dont exactly know what your going to get. All we can do is try i guess :)
candycane

Postby Cac33 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:37 am

Well done on the loss!! 900gms is fantastic & to have lost 5.5kgs in 12 weeks thats awesome!!! You definately work damn hard to get these results. How are you feeling within yourself?
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby candycane » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:44 pm

i'm feeling pretty good about myself :) i put on size small - medium at supre today and it all fit perfectly so that was a little bit of a pick up!! i just need more money to buy more clothes ;) i keep telling myself wait til the end so u dont waste money but oh well.

I think i still feel like if im not careful imma put it all back on, seriously like when i eat not at home where there's say a bowl of choccies im like eat one choccy...then another...then another...lol!!! i have no control when there's a packet in front of me. Once i pop i cant stop!!!! So thats something i have to keep an eye on, basically saying to myself (like i read on ali's page once) there's going to be the same choc in the world forever so savour one piece or have none at all :)

mostly i'm sad at my thighs and tummy, i know theyve gone down but i guess i just want to be ready to like put on those short shorts at the beach and prance around like pamela anderson (without the boobs). I still feel like i have a way to go before i can and i want to be almst to the finish by summer so i can prance around and play vball with my bf and not feel like i look like a whale prancing about playing vball :) hahaha

so yeah i guess thats how i feel at the moment :) i dont really think about how i feel, i act a bit like a machine at times. Eat this, exercise that, go to this place, see that person, sleep. Start again :P
candycane

Postby MissMinx » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:51 pm

a machine, I couldnt have said it any better, thats exactly what it feels like to me too.
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Strawberry » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:09 pm

CC i just have 2 say it - amazing. not only have u lost weight ur doing it in such a sensible manner - no crash dieting 4 u! Do u know what that means - no quick re-gain!!!
U must have a small upper body to fit into supre M-S tops - they are tiny! i have a frilly top i got from there & its an XL.
I admire ur attitude - ur doing so great!
Strawberry

Postby candycane » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:20 pm

im not exactly tiny, i fit into a size supre small top and a size supre medium for bottoms (the ones i tried on) however, the size small supre dress was small around my boobs (the zip did up but i knew it felt too tight) and i have a couple of supre dresses which are around the small to medium range. Last things i bought were size 12 and 13 pants, and a few size 10 tops. I was shocked that i fit into them actually I was like hmm why is this 12 too big? lol! I will always have a chest i think. Its definately shrunk a bit but its still full as far as boobies go :P

Your going great too strawbs ive looked at your progress thread a few times u made brilliant eating choices and what not :)
candycane

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there