It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:07 pm

Free Newsletter

Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

Postby MissMinx » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:45 am

Hi :)
I'm just cracking it heheh its like im so close yet so far! Maybe i dont need to loose 8.5kgs...maybe its too much for my height but around 60kgs would be great! I'm 165cm tall and weigh 68.5kgs. I started at 71kgs about 5 weeks ago and I'm dropping steadily but its frustrating that its not any faster when taking into consideration how much I've changed my lifestyle to loose weight.

11.5 weeks until I go overseas and I think thats a good amount of time to loose around 8kgs more....am I pushing it? or is that realistic?

I have allowed myself 1 treat night per week and thats a Saturday night..I like to share a bottle of wine with my partner and also have a few vodkas with sugar free mixers.... that day of course i eat super strictly and exercise 1.5 hours knowing that I'm having a drink on a Sat evening. Please dont tell me this may be a contributing factor to my ever so steady weight loss???? My diet and exercise are really good, I've spoken to lots of professionals and know I'm on track with this.

Hope to hear from anyone :)

Week 1: 71kgs
Week 5: 68.5kgs
Week 6: Coming this Saturday
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Re: Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

Postby Strawberry » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:04 am

good luck with your goals! we've got the same weight loss goals & started out at same weight. my weight loss has been slower than yours. you can lose the remaining kilos before you head off!
i drink on the weekends with my bf too i make sure i don't exceed 2 drinks though.
Strawberry

Postby MissMinx » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:32 am

Hey Strawberry,
Wow we are in the same boat indeed :) Have you been around 60kgs before? I was at the start of last year and then put on 10kgs and have hovered around that weight for the last year and a bit, its so annoying!

You have a couple of drinks with your boyfriend, thats pretty good..I tend to have a few more than that on a Saturday night treat. After 2.5 glasses of wine Id say Id have another 3 vodkas with sugar free mixers after that.. I may have to completely cut back on some Saturdays leading towards my trip just to see what happens.

Are you finding it hard to get to around 65kgs? our bodies will definitely start to take some good shape at that point.

Cheers from
MissMinx

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby MissMinx » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:25 am

This mornings weigh in - I lost 0.5kgs last week so now Im 68kgs on the dot!

Its amazing I look at my body in the mirror and think to myself...where is 8kgs going to drop off from, it doesnt seem like I have 8kgs sticking to me... anyway we'll see how I go I may not need to go down to 60 but we'll see...

MissMinx

Postby hippy_shake » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:13 am

Hey congrats on your weight loss so far! You're at the point that I want to be in a few weeks, and then I'd love to get down to 60 as well :) I'm 163cm and according to BMI and stuff its in the middle of the healthy range for my height so it should be possible :) Where are you going on your trip?

All the best,
Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby ali76 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:19 am

Hi MissMinx!

I'm 168cm and at around 69 (started at 77...eek!) and want to get to 62...might settle for 65?) so we're pretty close to each other as well!!

I'm finding the weight is coming off sooooo slowly it's killing me! I had a nasty car accident a few months ago and lost all my muscle tone, etc from lack of exercise...I'm just getting back into it now and seem to be putting ON weight!! I can see my body changing shape so assume I'm putting on muscle.

What sort of exercise are you doing?

I honestly don't think one night of being naughty will be hurting you - especially if you're exercising for 1.5 hours in the morning to compensate. We need to be able to treat ourselves or we'll never keep it up!

Best of luck!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Tarz » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:42 am

Hi, well done on your losses so far, i don't think that one night per week is going to make a big difference and the 1.5 hour workout will definately combat that each week. You may be loosing slowly because you are putting on muscle. . Well done on the .5kg loss thats great, and if you keep that rate up you will have lost at least 5kg in 10 weeks and toned up alot.
I'm gonna repeat others, where is your trip to? And what exercises are you doing?
Tarz

Postby Strawberry » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am

MissMinx wrote:Hey Strawberry,
Wow we are in the same boat indeed :) Have you been around 60kgs before? I was at the start of last year and then put on 10kgs and have hovered around that weight for the last year and a bit, its so annoying!

You have a couple of drinks with your boyfriend, thats pretty good..I tend to have a few more than that on a Saturday night treat. After 2.5 glasses of wine Id say Id have another 3 vodkas with sugar free mixers after that.. I may have to completely cut back on some Saturdays leading towards my trip just to see what happens.

Are you finding it hard to get to around 65kgs? our bodies will definitely start to take some good shape at that point.

Cheers from
MissMinx

lol yes i've been 60kgs before - i look great at that weight. Always yoyoing up and down with these 10kgs. This time i'm going to do it for the last time! No more dieting, lifestyle change so i can maintain at 60kgs for more than a couple of months.

this weekend gone we drank 2 bottles of white wine while cooking up an indian feast (took 3 hours), while eating dinner and then sitting outside listening to michael buble. the bf wanted to move on to redbull & vodka i resisted just lol.

i just read on someone elses post about vodka & diet drinks being 72 cals if you have a max of 2-3 per weekend & factor it in ur cals it won't do any harm.

I'm finding it hard to get to 69. i've been hoovering @ 70 for close to a month. going to kick it up a notch with more exercise & see if that helps. i can't wait 2 be at lower end of the 60's

good luck 2 both of us!
Strawberry

Postby MissMinx » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:16 pm

Hey Ali,
Nice to meet you. I completely hear ya, we're doing it tough... I'm like you I'd love to get to around 60-62kgs but just getting from 68kgs now to 65kgs is such a long stretch!! I keep telling myself it all happens BIT BY BIT and it will all be well worth it!

I'm pretty sure back in the day I was around 76kgs...I just never weighed myself bec i was too scared to find out so I just slowly lost a bit of weight and stayed around 71kgs for quite some time - but still wasnt completely happy with my body.

Where do you put on weight or where is your concern on your body? I generally put on and take off the weight everywhere at the same time which is probably not too bad when it spreads evenly.

My exercise has been like this so far and I'm keeping it up every week now.
For example starting from Saturday just gone and for the following week/s ahead (btw i do all my workouts at home I have hand weights, exercise bike and treadmill at home):

Sat: stretches, 30mins intense exercise bike ride, 1hour fast walk/run on treadmill (10km's all up)

Sun: 45mins circuit training at home, I have a good routine drawn out for me by a personal trainer that I can do at home, includes using the hand weights (3kgs each), toning exercises for the legs and bottom, ab work, running up and down my stairs at home - basically i do sets of 15 and 4 times the entire circuit. Then to finish off 30mins fast walk on the treadmill.

Mon: Before work, 25mins on my exercise bike, stretches. After work 10km's walk/run on my treadmill.

Tues: Before work, 25mins running around the house, jumping, bouncing around and being silly. After work, my circuit again and then 30mins fast walk on the treadmill to finish off.

Wed: Same as Monday.

Thurs: Same as Tuesday.

Fri: DAY OFF - Best day of the week hehe.

So yes so far I've been doing this for the past 4 weeks or so and lost 3.5 kgs...not too bad so far even though I wish the weight came off faster...at the same time I think I'm losing at a healthy rate. Ive been drinking about 3 cups of green tea a day thats one new thing Ive incorporated. Somtimes I drop in 2 bags into the one cup to make it stronger.

Before I commenced dieting I use to every single night have some sort of chocolate after dinner, whether it was a milky way or a chomp it would have to be some sort of a chocolate! Ive completely taken that away now and have a tea before bed. Saturday evenings after dinner Ive been having a chocolate which feels so rewarding...along with a bit of wine and vodka hehe.

Whats your exercise regime like and what do you eat?

MissMinx

Postby MissMinx » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:24 pm

hippy_shake wrote:Hey congrats on your weight loss so far! You're at the point that I want to be in a few weeks, and then I'd love to get down to 60 as well :) I'm 163cm and according to BMI and stuff its in the middle of the healthy range for my height so it should be possible :) Where are you going on your trip?

All the best,
Jane

Hey Jane!
Hahaha this is the first time ive joined a forum to speak to others that are battling along with weight loss - its a good feeling knowing we're at similar stages - im really glad Ive joined.

We certainly are the same height hehe I wish my legs were longer however they should look longer as I get closer to 60! Hows your routine going? Are you feeling ok?

I'm going to Bali on Nov 13 for the first time with my bf. We staying at 2 very luxurious villas with our own pools and outdoor jacuzzi's - i cant wait, its amazing what you pay for and actually get in Bali! So yeah I basically have the trip as a motivation to lose the weight and keep it off afterwards! I bought 4x bikinis online from overseas on Friday... I bought them in a size 10 so I have to excuse but to get down and get into them hehe.

Cheers
MissMinx

MissMinx

Postby MissMinx » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:31 pm

Tarz wrote:Hi, well done on your losses so far, i don't think that one night per week is going to make a big difference and the 1.5 hour workout will definately combat that each week. You may be loosing slowly because you are putting on muscle. . Well done on the .5kg loss thats great, and if you keep that rate up you will have lost at least 5kg in 10 weeks and toned up alot.
I'm gonna repeat others, where is your trip to? And what exercises are you doing?

Hi Tarz,
Nice to meet you and thanks for writing!!
I just answered your question about my holiday plans in my previous post.
Fantastic, I cant help feel guilty drinking nearly every Saturday night! This Saturday night I wont be, I'm having a family over on Sunday afternoon and I'll serve some wine and savouries then and I might have a glass then but thats about it for this weekend ahead!! Thats right in 10 weeks i would have lost 5kgs which would be great, id be satisfied with that before my trip!!

MissMinx

Postby MissMinx » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:38 pm

OMG Strawberry yet again another person just like me! Me too last year i hit 60kgs and I felt light as a feather! Didnt it make you feel like you were really light?

My regime I only started about 4-5 weeks ago like really strictly and only then did my 3.5kgs started to shift. Before then I wasnt as strict, i worked out less about 4-5 days and was really struggling to see any results. I just made everything a lot more strict and thats when it started to happen for me and I realise I need to do this and keep it up to get any results.

Ok I'll keep it in mind that drinking a little once a week aint that bad when burning to many calories anyway. Good on you for resisting drinking more with your bf heheh!

Strawberry wrote:
lol yes i've been 60kgs before - i look great at that weight. Always yoyoing up and down with these 10kgs. This time i'm going to do it for the last time! No more dieting, lifestyle change so i can maintain at 60kgs for more than a couple of months.

this weekend gone we drank 2 bottles of white wine while cooking up an indian feast (took 3 hours), while eating dinner and then sitting outside listening to michael buble. the bf wanted to move on to redbull & vodka i resisted just lol.

i just read on someone elses post about vodka & diet drinks being 72 cals if you have a max of 2-3 per weekend & factor it in ur cals it won't do any harm.

I'm finding it hard to get to 69. i've been hoovering @ 70 for close to a month. going to kick it up a notch with more exercise & see if that helps. i can't wait 2 be at lower end of the 60's

good luck 2 both of us!

MissMinx

Postby candycane » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:14 pm

i'm aiming for about 67-70 kg so we're in the same '10kg' boat. Except i'm 10cm taller then you guys :) (my Personal Trainer thinks 70-75 but i think i'll be better at the weight im aiming for)

It can be hard to shift those last 10. Once you've lost it though you look to maintenance, so thats either eating a little more or exercising a little less so u dont gain or keep loosing. So you can be a little less strict when you get to that stage, its just getting there thats the battle :)

Bali is a great way of motivating yourself to shed the extra weight too. Thats why im stepping up a bit before summer too :) [we might go to Fiji]
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Strawberry » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:15 pm

MissMinx wrote:OMG Strawberry yet again another person just like me! Me too last year i hit 60kgs and I felt light as a feather! Didnt it make you feel like you were really light?

My regime I only started about 4-5 weeks ago like really strictly and only then did my 3.5kgs started to shift. Before then I wasnt as strict, i worked out less about 4-5 days and was really struggling to see any results. I just made everything a lot more strict and thats when it started to happen for me and I realise I need to do this and keep it up to get any results.

Ok I'll keep it in mind that drinking a little once a week aint that bad when burning to many calories anyway. Good on you for resisting drinking more with your bf heheh!

i love the way i feel & look at 60kgs! can't wait till i reach it again - this time i'm going to make sure i don't pile the weight back on and maintain, maintain, maintain lol.

I've set myself a small 30 day challenge to be really strict with exercising and counting cals. the more stricter i am with myself the more focused i become; otherwise i just think i've got plenty of time 2 do it in.

another good thing to do to cut down amount of wine u drink is to make it into a spritzer half white wine & half tonic water/soda water. i'm going to do this, this weekend. a trick with my mind - make it think i'm having 4 drinks when i'm actually only having 2 lol.
Strawberry

Postby MissMinx » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:00 am

Same here Strawberry I loved everything about 60kgs...and just like you this time I will not put it back on because I dont want to go through this struggle of losing the 10kgs that I put on, its just too hard and frustrating! Unforunately I put on weight and was handed this type of metabolism :( so I need to sustain everything when I reach my goal!

Im more determined than ever this time because I know I'm not happy like this and want to feel like I use to. Its awful because in the one year that I put the weight back on it just crept up on me and then by around the 7-8th month my clothes didnt look or fit as well.

Do you have your clothes from when you weighed 60kgs? I still do and theyre all brand new hehe! I kind of try them on now to see just how far I have to go..what a tease!

OK STRAWBERRY!! this weekend I'm not planning to have too many drinks as Im not going anywhere or doing anything! I'll have a casual wine on Sat night with my bf and Sunday we have a family coming over for afternoon snacks and drinks and again I'll have a couple of wines MIXED with soda water like you said!! I'm concentrating on exercise this weekend so no hangover for me!! :) I'll think of you drinking the same combination heheh.

MissMinx

Next

Return to Almost there